Sign in to follow this  
Mervyn Sher

FSX fatal error when attempt to load JS41 is made

Good Day AllI run my FSX on a Win7-64 bit platform.I have the PMDG 747 and the JS4100 in my hangar. Love them both, only planes that I fly.Lately the JS41 causes FSX to crash and give me a fatal error message everytime I try to load it either from the splash screen, or even from FSX once the default airtrike is loaded and landed. I can load and fly the 747 without any issues whatsoever, however soon as I select the JS it crashes.After enduring this for two weeks I removed the entire JS4100 from my system, did a cold reboot and reinstalled the software. Same issue! No Difference!Could someone please advise......

Hi Mervyn,Are you running Acceleration? I remember that CTD at start up was caused by broken Acceleration (same symptoms: MD11 and 747 works fine but J41 doesn't), so maybe try repairing your Acceleration. If this doesn't help, try contacting PMDG via support ticket system (requires additional registration, but it's best way to get direct support) .Regards,

Hello GzregorzThanks for the reply.negative on the Accelleration, I have already listed a ticket with PMDG direct.I've tried everything, this issue has me truly stumped.

• Upvote 1

Hello GzregorzThanks for the reply.negative on the Accelleration, I have already listed a ticket with PMDG direct.I've tried everything, this issue has me truly stumped.
hi,installed j41 on wins7 ,and i keep having the same problem,with all due respect pmdg has informed me that it must be a problem with my system ,though i have on clue why it never happened with my win xp system,and i am yet to solve this issue, j41 is one of their best products and is more challenging to fly ,however ctd happens when ever i press some button or the other,never happens if i fly without fiddling with the aircraft switches,have yet to find a solution to this problemregardsvivek

J41 runs fine on my Win7 64 bit, so the OS is not a problem here.Guys did you try to remove Acceleration/SP2 or used repair feature? If you use repair, then try again but now uninstall Accel/SP2 (it's important) and install it again, than check your C++ Redistributables. It would be good to uninstall J41, then uninstall MV C++ , install J41 again and run Windows update to update MV C++.Vivek, please sign your post with real full name, this is forum rule here and you risk your posts to be deleted.Regards,

Thank you both for your interest and replies.Back to the basics, here is the error message which comes up when the JS crashes the FSX system:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17625, time stamp: 0x4de8781eException code: 0xe06d7363Fault offset: 0x0000b9bcFaulting process id: 0x1088Faulting application start time: 0x01cc4523c215b175Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: 82c24d9a-b117-11e0-9b28-e0cb4eb7630fFor what it's worth, I would lean towards it being a (temporary) Win7 problem caused by (possibly) a driver update, which is clashing with the dll etc. My reasoning is that (a) Win7 as an OS is working perfectly with all other applications with never a hiccup whatsoever, (:( FSX is working beautifully as always, in both default aircraft use and add-ons, © my PMDG 747-400 works perfectly.Why the JS is the only aircraft which crashes the system would indicate to me that there is a problem with the aircraft installation. I uninstalled the JS, cleaned the registry and then reinstalled it. Same problem. As soon as I choose the JS from the splash screen the FSX crashes to fatal error. None of the other JS owners that I fly with have experienced this issue, so perhaps it is not the JS after all.....Any help would be hugely appreciated

If kernelbase.dll is involved then it means that problem is caused by some system component, might be even that C++ libraries which are required by J41.Are you using any game booster software that disables system services to gain performance? Maybe some aggressive antivirus?

Thank you both for your interest and replies.Back to the basics, here is the error message which comes up when the JS crashes the FSX system:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17625, time stamp: 0x4de8781eException code: 0xe06d7363Fault offset: 0x0000b9bcFaulting process id: 0x1088Faulting application start time: 0x01cc4523c215b175Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: 82c24d9a-b117-11e0-9b28-e0cb4eb7630fFor what it's worth, I would lean towards it being a (temporary) Win7 problem caused by (possibly) a driver update, which is clashing with the dll etc. My reasoning is that (a) Win7 as an OS is working perfectly with all other applications with never a hiccup whatsoever, (:( FSX is working beautifully as always, in both default aircraft use and add-ons, © my PMDG 747-400 works perfectly.Why the JS is the only aircraft which crashes the system would indicate to me that there is a problem with the aircraft installation. I uninstalled the JS, cleaned the registry and then reinstalled it. Same problem. As soon as I choose the JS from the splash screen the FSX crashes to fatal error. None of the other JS owners that I fly with have experienced this issue, so perhaps it is not the JS after all.....Any help would be hugely appreciated
Sometimes, a simple solution is often ignored. Did you try renaming (or deleting) your Fsx.cfg yet? It is the first thing I do whenever I have any problems with Fsx. You would start with a newly created Fsx.cfg and if the problem persists, then you can rename your old Fsx.cfg file back and try other options.

I am getting a crash with the J41 also, but I checked my Windows Log and found out that it has something to do with RealityXP WX500 weather radar installed in the J41.I went into the Panel.cfg and removed the text that loads the WX500 and everything works perfectly. Then I go into my RealityXP configerater and set up the J41 with the WX500 in 2D (popup) and it also works perfect. If I go back to the WX500 being installed in the 3D flight panel, my FSX crash comes back with a "can't load" message.Check your Windows Log right after the crash, if you haven't done that yet, and see if you get a clue from there.

Here is my new issue:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
  Exception Code: c015000f
  Exception Offset: 0008482b
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

Anyone knows the solution for this one before I submit another trouble ticket?

Rodney E. Jacobs

Got another one... back to back:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: PMDG_BAe_JS4100.DLL
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc6f932
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000f5a1
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

Rodney E. Jacobs

I have the same problem. My 777 works but J41 causes a crash. It used to work just fine. Then I moved the whole FSK to a new SSD. I know a lot of f1 stuff does not Work if you do that, but everything except the js41 works fine. I deleted all js41, redownloaded and reinstalled. Exactly the same thing. Every thing I have is fine except the JS41. Also with this last install I never got asked for my code, number whatever. Should I have been asked or is a number still in the registry somewhere?

I was recently having the same problem... it turns out, in my case, that the JS41 is much pickier than either the NGX or T7.  I had set an add-on plane as my default flight.  It is a relatively simple plane and I didn't think anything about it because both the NGX and T7 loaded perfectly.  However, the JS41 just crashed FSX to the desktop every time I tried to load it.  After switching the plane in my default flight back to the FSX Default C172, the JS41 loads right up without a hitch.  It seems to be very sensitive to the changes in FSX that other aircraft make, and doesn't want to load properly unless it's got that blank slate...

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

Has anyone got a solution to this problem? Answers to support tickets that helped for example. I've submitted a ticket but had no answer so far.

ki9cAAb.jpg