Sign in to follow this  
Mervyn Sher

FSX fatal error when attempt to load JS41 is made

PMDG emailed a new DLL which resolved the problem so my J41 is back in the air.

ki9cAAb.jpg

PMDG emailed a new DLL which resolved the problem so my J41 is back in the air.

What is the full name of the dll?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What is the full name of the dll?

It was one of the gauge files, PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3.dll. No idea what the change is but it fixed the problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,

I went to the FSX gauges folder on my PC (F:\FSX\Gauges)

and right clicked the gauge name to get the properties / Detail

Could you check and See if your gauge has the same data (or is newer etc).

I hope your file just needed a refresh ... or we all may need it?

pmdggauge_zps2ef27f33.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Kevin,

I went to the FSX gauges folder on my PC (F:\FSX\Gauges)

and right clicked the gauge name to get the properties / Detail

Could you check and See if your gauge has the same data (or is newer etc).

I hope your file just needed a refresh ... or we all may need it?

Vaughan,

As I'd reinstalled the J41 a couple of times with no improvement the DLLs would all have been refreshed anyway. The new DLL is different, slightly larger. If everyone needs it I'm sure PMDG will put it on the downloads page. AFAIK it only addresses the crash to desktop issue.

Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I had to reinstall FSX due to an other problem. Before that, I was able to  use PMDG J41 with no problem.

Now, When I tried to load the plane, it crash due to FSCOPI~1.OCX module. This is the only one place that cause me the problem. 737, 777 does not give me that error.

Any Idea ?

Sorry for the french....

Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
  Nom de l’application: fsx.exe
  Version de l’application: 10.0.61637.0
  Horodatage de l’application: 46fadb14
  Nom du module par défaut: FSCOPI~1.OCX
  Version du module par défaut: 1.2007.508.1
  Horodateur du module par défaut: 46407863
  Code de l’exception: c0000005
  Décalage de l’erreur: 00016937
  Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

Thanks

Francis Therien

I Googled FSCOPI~1.OCX and got over a 1000 hits. Looks like it could be caused by FSInn or a number of other addons but I've never seen it reported as a PMDG problem.  If you run out of ideas I recommend you open a trouble ticket with PMDG Product Support (see their website). Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Here what I have done.

Uninstalled FSINN 1.3 + FSCOPILOT 1.7.

Uninstalled PMDG JS41

Delete referenced DLL in FSX.CFG to PMDG JS41

Reinstalled JS41

Now, I don't have any error.. just a CTD (crash to desktop) with no other error. I checked to Windows Log... and I have nothing.

It's still working with any of other plane even PMDG 777 and PMDG 737 NGX.

I will open a ticket...

Thanks

Francis Therien

You may have a problem in the dll.xml file; good that you opened a ticket, they will get you back in the air.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

PMDG support gave me 3 .dll file (to place in FSX/Gauge) and it fixes the problem. Now I can fly this beautiful aircraft as I want.

The support was very efficient. They should be an exemple for other support team. Thanks to them !!!

Thanks,

Francis Therien

I have the same problem. My 777 works but J41 causes a crash. It used to work just fine. Then I moved the whole FSK to a new SSD. I know a lot of f1 stuff does not Work if you do that, but everything except the js41 works fine. I deleted all js41, redownloaded and reinstalled. Exactly the same thing. Every thing I have is fine except the JS41. Also with this last install I never got asked for my code, number whatever. Should I have been asked or is a number still in the registry somewhere?

it's exactly the same for me!!! was running perfectly for many time. Than, after some time not flying him it started with the fatal error!!!???  I which PMDG adresses this issue once and for all. It is such a great addon.

Alexandre

Hi,

PMDG support gave me 3 .dll file (to place in FSX/Gauge) and it fixes the problem. Now I can fly this beautiful aircraft as I want.

The support was very efficient. They should be an exemple for other support team. Thanks to them !!!

Thanks,

Francis Therien

Hi  there.

I'm happy to hear, as I have this addon since 2009. Any chance that you point me to the right place to get those dll.???  PMDG login page appears to be out since yesterday.

Already openned a ticket, hope they reply anytime soon.

Hi Druco,

It happened to me also when I tried to access the login page with CHROME. I  tried with Internet Explorer and it worked and I was able to open the ticket.

Try again today. I tried it through CHROME today and it worked. it seem that they has changed something about the login page.

Thanks

Francis Therien

Hi Druco,

It happened to me also when I tried to access the login page with CHROME. I  tried with Internet Explorer and it worked and I was able to open the ticket.

Try again today. I tried it through CHROME today and it worked. it seem that they has changed something about the login page.

Thanks

Francis Therien

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've managed to open a ticket yesterday, but no reply from PMDG till now... Still wayting.

If someone could share that DLL, would be nice. I'm happy to show my regs/key to ensure it is an original product.

druco,

Because it is not an official DLL file, i prefer to let PMDG give you them. I received them as attached to an e-mail. So I'm not sure it is ok to send you them like that.

Just in case....

Thanks

Francis