Sign in to follow this  
ScherzkeCks

"That prop is not unfeathered"

The Co-Pilot keeps telling me that my prop is not unfeathered, but I am actually quiet sure it is, partly because I can't unfeather it anymore with the unfeather switch.So what is wrong? I reinstallt the J-41 as well as FS2Crew.I attached a pic of how my prop is while trying to start with FS2Crew. It actually works flawless, if I start it myself (just pressing the start-button).What now?EDIT: I already tried with the props exactly the other way didn't work either.Greetings Stefan Rakel

The Co-Pilot keeps telling me that my prop is not unfeathered, but I am actually quiet sure it is, partly because I can't unfeather it anymore with the unfeather switch.So what is wrong? I reinstallt the J-41 as well as FS2Crew.I attached a pic of how my prop is while trying to start with FS2Crew. It actually works flawless, if I start it myself (just pressing the start-button).What now?EDIT: I already tried with the props exactly the other way didn't work either.Greetings Stefan Rakel
Hi Stefan,Please double check the PMDG manual to ensure you're unfeathering the props properly. You might be missing a step.Also, are you running any external hardware that attempts to control Power and Prop Pitch?Cheers,

I don't know if that really was it because I did a couple of things but I could imagine that it was fsuipic where I hat a slider on my hardware bound to reverse. Could that be or is it now just randomly gone?Stefan

Well nevermind that I was too fast. The left engine started just fine but the right just won't.I did unfeather it and actually watched it moving, advanced that throttle levers to idle (F1) after they stopped moving and then said "Clear and start right" and the response is "That prop isn't unfeatherd". I don't know what to do, I visually confirmed the props moving so what am I doing wrong?Oh, I also tried putting the throttles not to idle (F1) but to the ground start area, no luck there either.Any ideas? I virtually killed my copilot already for telling me that line :PEDIT: well now I sometimes get a "Check the throttle position" so I guess I unfeathered it right and then I move the throttle and voila it is not unfeatherd anymore......(at least my FO keeps telling me). Interesting regarding this is also, the FO kept telling me check the throttle position while my right throttle (the one I tried to start) was at 0% it told me I shoudl check my throttle position. Only when I moved the left throttle to 0% as well (it was at 1%) it said That prop isn't unfeathered again......GreetingsStefan

Hi,thanks for you patience. No it is not working. It seems like I can unfeather them just fine but it seems that the stop latches don't grab because as soon as I advance the power levers back to 0% so I can start the engines the props start do feather again. After this I can't unfeather them anymore for whatever reason. But this sounds to me as a problem I should ask PMDG about not you....GreetingsStefan