Sign in to follow this  
CLett737

NGX Display Cleaner?

I would have thought, that pmdg would have given this option. Look how easy it is to change the mcp from collins to honeywell. Changing the display glass would be just as easy surely.... Ahh no biggy to me though.

My first instinct was to laugh... but I am OCD in real life as well as a lot of these people... and I can see this becoming a problem... lol :(

I would have thought, that pmdg would have given this option. Look how easy it is to change the mcp from collins to honeywell. Changing the display glass would be just as easy surely.... Ahh no biggy to me though.
Yeah Cameron, it looks easy to switch MCP's doesn't it? but for that to work you need to model both MCP's, and to have a clean cockpit they would need another complete set ot VC textures. Does that sound like an easy thing to do?C'mon guys, it's not real dust, and we're not Sheldon Cooper

Yeah Cameron, it looks easy to switch MCP's doesn't it? but for that to work you need to model both MCP's, and to have a clean cockpit they would need another complete set ot VC textures. Does that sound like an easy thing to do?C'mon guys, it's not real dust, and we're not Sheldon Cooper
I was more referring to the display screens. Not everything else. Unlike the MCP, there is nothing "simulated" as its just visual.

Sorry, but clean would mean swapping out nearly every texture in the cockpit. Not easy to do at all. The NGX looks exactly like the real airplane we photo surveyed - the idea that there's a bunch of totally pristine NGs that look like they just rolled off the assembly line flying around is silly - planes get used and they get dirty.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've been converted...I like the look of the vc dust and dirt, they have done a great balance in my opinion. Kudos to pmdg:)

Simon

Thanks for bringing him up... :(
Sorry, but clean would mean swapping out nearly every texture in the cockpit. Not easy to do at all. The NGX looks exactly like the real airplane we photo surveyed - the idea that there's a bunch of totally pristine NGs that look like they just rolled off the assembly line flying around is silly - planes get used and they get dirty.
How true. And if you ever get the chance to step inside such a pristine flight deck you'll appreciate it, and as well the fact it's a rare exception not about to last long! Big%20Grin.gif But it certainly feels good to say the least.sig.gif

+1. I'm not a pilot.... (yet..), but i used to sit in many different NG pits from different airlines as well. I couldn't see a completely cleaned up cockpit so far, however... Some were more cleaner than the other ones, but ALL of the NG's had dirt here and there and showed traces of abrasion. When i take a look at what PMDG's NGX' cockpit looks like, i can only say it looks exactly the way the last NG looked like when i was sitting on the captain seat. Not only the dirt, also the realistic cockpit color and the CDU, when i see the pictures and the video of AoA, it feels like a dejavu.I'd prefer a cockpit that shows traces of abrasion, simply because it takes you one step closer to the realism, like you'd be flying this living and breathing airliner every day.Just my opinion.

I wouldn't doubt that when they roll off of the line brand new, they have smudges and fingerprints on the DUs.

An crazy idea for upcoming projects, what about making clean cockpits that progressively gets duty by the time of usage!!!, You Know the more you use dustier it gets...

An crazy idea for upcoming projects, what about making clean cockpits that progressively gets duty by the time of usage!!!, You Know the more you use dustier it gets...
It may be hard to do, but it certainly would be a cool feature.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Perhaps, PMDG can simulate the accumulation of dirtyness. Start with clean, then have various settings of usage (heavy, medium, light) accumulating Roberts's fingerprints, skinflakes, and dust.What do you guys thing?I think it's a little overkil, myself. :( Cheers,BB