Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

IAP approach after go-around?

Is there any way to request another IAP approach if you missed the first one or were told to go around? I can only see the request vectors and request visual, and when I chose visual RC insisted on vectoring me anyways.

Hi andqui,The IAP option will not be available after you have accepted RC vectors. You get the one opportunity only.Neither will it be available after a go-around. You'll have to go with the vectors provided by the controller.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On pg 59 of the manual, it says that after I go around and achieve positive rate, the tower will hand me off to approach, which will ask for my intentions. It then says that I can ask for vector approach, hold as published, delay vectors, IAP approach, and proceed to alternate. I don't seem to have these choices.In my experience, I get handed off to approach, who then immediately tells me to expect vectors, without giving me another option. I can only say yes or ask him to repeat. Once I say yes, I'm forced to follow vectors. That's not how it's described in the manual. Why the discrepancy?thanks

We tested this many years ago now and I haven't flown a go-around in ages, sorry. Maybe JD can throw some light on it.I agree that you should be given an IAP option. Perhaps there are different options if you declare a Missed Approach rather than Tower issuing a go-around?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On pg 59 of the manual, it says that after I go around and achieve positive rate, the tower will hand me off to approach, which will ask for my intentions. It then says that I can ask for vector approach, hold as published, delay vectors, IAP approach, and proceed to alternate. I don't seem to have these choices.In my experience, I get handed off to approach, who then immediately tells me to expect vectors, without giving me another option. I can only say yes or ask him to repeat. Once I say yes, I'm forced to follow vectors. That's not how it's described in the manual. Why the discrepancy?thanks
are you flying the plane, or rc copilot? are you on the comms or is rc co-pilotmake a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. be sure to click debug before loading the .plnduplicate the problem, zip up the log, send it to me, with a description of what happened, and where/whenjd