Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Just Planes Int.67 DVD

Does anyone else here have the Just Planes International 67 DVD (London Heathrow and Manchester) ? If so, what is the picture quality like ? I am not entirely happy with this, since the aircraft appear to be "pixellated", and the sky can sometimes exhibit unusual effects. Since this is a DVD, the picture quality should be very high, but that does not appear to be the case here.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yea, same here with KLAX DVD US airports #52. Pixellated as well.

Eric 

Hey guys, I have just received a response from Just Planes regarding the low quality of the DVD's. They have informed me that it must be a problem at my end, because the quality of the DVD's is excellent !So how come the quality isn't good on my DVD player, my cousin's DVD player, and the two DVD players indicated above ? There is something very strange going on here.Does anyone else using this forum have any Just Planes DVD's ? If so, can you tell me if the planes look "pixellated" ? Does the picture look inferior to that expected from a DVD ?Please let me know.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

yep,I have the worldairroutes United 772 KORD-EGLL and both the image and sound quality really suck.no problms with other DVD's

This is getting very strange. I have had a couple of responses now from Just Planes, so would you all be kind enough to answer me the following question ?Are you using an NTSC or a PAL TV ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

PAL here,but I must say their inflight videos are of very high quality,it's only the DVD that sucks

The reason that I asked the question is because someone at Just Planes told me that it might be a consequence of watching the DVD on a PAL TV !That sounds incredible to me. Surely they tried these DVD's on a PAL TV before releasing them ? If this is the cause of the problem, then I'm totally surprised. What's more, something should be done to correct it.What do you think ?By the way, if you want to let Just Planes know about this (and personally I believe that a few more e-mails of this nature might just make them sit up and think), then you can e-mail them at the following address:-info@justplanes.comChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What a lot of those bollocks you know!It's crappy MPEG compression when converting to the DVD format.Similar to those 4.99 DVD's from Odyssey Video on Vineland.This usually happens when you put a video to dvd instead of using a premium high quality master.PAL indeed. Sounds to me like we were getting some bovine patties

Ihor,What exactly are you suggesting here ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>It's crappy MPEG compression when converting to the DVD format.>Similar to those 4.99 DVD's from Odyssey Video on Vineland.>This usually happens when you put a video to dvd instead of using a >premium high quality master.>PAL indeed. Sounds to me like we were getting some bovine pattiesChris, Sounds like what he is trying to say is that they reason they are bad is bacause the way they make them and sell them. They shoot the footage with a regular video tape type camera and then compress the footage onto a DVD resuling in the poor quality.

Eric 

Eric,So why is a spokesperson for Just Planes stating to me that their DVD's are of the highest quality ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have any of you e-mailed Just Planes yet regarding this problem ? If so, then please let me know what the response has been. This matter should be sorted out, since customers extect a DVD to be of superior quality to a video.I have just thought of another question to ask ?Did you purchase the DVD directly from Just Planes in the USA, or from a retail or mail order source ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Directly from Just Planes for me.

Eric