Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

"Soon" defined....

Captains-It is late.We are all tired.The working days around PMDG have been 18-20hrs...The beta testers are starting to get twitchy, because their reports are no longer answered cheerfully.Some of us (not me!) haven't showered or shaved in days...But...We have reached the point where we feel comfortable letting you know that we have placed a marker on the calendar.From where we stand tonight- we anticipate that the PMDG 737NGX will be in your hands sometime in the next 7-10 days.I want to be very specific in making the following clear: Our beta team is working EXTREMELY hard to find problems in the software- and if they find anything that gives us concern, the dates might shift slightly....But if all goes well over the next few days- we anticipate releasing the PMDG 737NGX on or before 04AUG11. (My birthday- if anyone cares! :( )This has been a LONG and very detail oriented development process. We feel that the PMDG 737NGX is the most detailed airliner simulation ever developed for use by individuals- and we are very confident in the quality, completeness and accuracy of the simulation.In short: We cannot wait to see what you think of the simulation once you have it installed on your machine!That being said- we are committed to ensuring that the product quality is of the highest possible standard on release day. This is a ground-up development exercise where NOTHING was brought in from previous simulations. This being the case- there are some things that we have seen during testing that require more attention- even though the simulation itself is working perfectly 99.9% of the time. There are a few items left in the "bug" category that concern us- and we are working on them. If we feel that a few more days might be valuable, we will take them. (I'm certain that will upset a few people- but we really do want this to be a trouble-free release!)So in conclusion: From all of us on the PMDG development team: THANK YOU.This has been a very long development cycle- FAR longer than any of us had imagined when we started. We are confident however, that in the end, the PMDG 737NGX will exceed your expectations in every way.We look forward to hearing your feedback once you have flown her!(PS: For those interested in pricing, etc: Tuesday. :( )Okay- back to work... there are still a few more items to be resolved!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

That's great news to hear! What a good birthday present that will be then :(

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

regards,

Alexander Marx

Excellent update. But good God you people work too much... Sleep, take a bath and shave. What's ten more minutes? Big%20Grin.gif Just kidding...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Robert,Simply amazing stuff to read. I have been waiting from day 1 for this.I can't believe it's almost here. I have huge expectations to this product but I know you guys will leave me with a product that makes me speechless.I will use a company flight plan to perform the first "test" flight. Can't wait.Congratulations to all of you guys.

Wonderful news on an otherwise boring as usual monday!! Applause.gif

Absolutely great news, thanks for the welcome update Robert.Roll on Tuesday and then the 4th so I can send you a birthday present by way of a cash donation !!!!Regards to all the Dev team.Gary

Thanks for this nice update!Too bad, the plane is late for my birthday (28.)

YES!!!!! Applause.gifIs the pricing going to be announced tomorrow, or next Tuseday? Thanks for the update Robert.P.S. I can't believe how fast this topic is growing! One post every 30 seconds!

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

the news we have all been waiting for for so long is now upon us. I had to read the PMDG notes many times before I belived what I was reading!. I wish you luck in your last minute bug hunting and hope your product does aswell as it deserves.Big thank you to PMDG for push the envelop further than any dared to guess. Its a new lease of life for FSX.I would buy each of you a cold beer if I could you deserve it.