Sign in to follow this  
Hdarkace

Processor upgrade

Hey,Ok so it's time to update my processor in preparation for the NGX. I currently run the Intel core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHZ. I have an Intel G33 motherboard, currently looking at upgrading my processor to the i5 2400 3.2GHZ one question.!Is the i5 2400 compatible with the G33 chipset motherboardJamal

Hey,Ok so it's time to update my processor in preparation for the NGX. I currently run the Intel core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHZ. I have an Intel G33 motherboard, currently looking at upgrading my processor to the i5 2400 3.2GHZ one question.!Is the i5 2400 compatible with the G33 chipset motherboardJamal
No. Those are completely different sockets. You'll need a new motherboard, new ram, and the processor. Sounds like you'd be better off in the hardware forums.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

so what would be the best processor upgrade also if a mod can move this to the hardware forum would greatly appreciate it

so what would be the best processor upgrade also if a mod can move this to the hardware forum would greatly appreciate it
It really depends on what you're willing to spend and rather or not you feel comfortable doing the upgrades/build.If you stick with that system, I'd suggest just sticking with your current processor and overclocking. Core 2 Quads are incredibly expensive, old tech. If you're willing to pay the price for a new Core 2 Quad, I'd say don't and save a little bit more for a new system build.I suggest heading to the hardware Mobo/CPU forum and posting your current system specs. We'll help ya out!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

For only fsx take the 2500k and a good cooler and overclock.For fsx and other heavy programs take 2600k amd a good cooler and overclock.The "k" will be a version that is simple to overclock2600 have virtual cores above the 4.2500 have only 4 coresFsx use no virtual cores the 2500k will be cheaper then tje 2600k

For only fsx take the 2500k and a good cooler and overclock.For fsx and other heavy programs take 2600k amd a good cooler and overclock.The "k" will be a version that is simple to overclock2600 have virtual cores above the 4.2500 have only 4 coresFsx use no virtual cores the 2500k will be cheaper then tje 2600k
The 2600k offers no performance gain over the 2500k in FSX and most other programs. As a matter of fact few programs are HT capable, and even fewer can use more than 2 threads. (The late P4s had HT [2 threads])In other words, for most of us in here, the 2500K is 100 bucks cheaper and just as fast and overclockable as the 2600k. I'm just reiterating for those who wouldn't know.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules