Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

From what Chris says the 600-700 paintkit is not usable has issues maybe Chris could elaborate. Actually the only paintkit that works right now is the 800 - 900 does not work after sp1 - probablly something to do with the model but anyway you look at it painting a 900 would be a waste of time right now.

Rich Sennett

Hmm..I haven't tinkered with the 800/900 kit again. I wonder what changed....Seems like some of the tiny misaligments I could never get rid on my 800s are now mostly fixed after the SP.I submitted a support ticket for the new paint kits. They updated the windows and doors in the fuse_master file but that's about all. The paint guides (that show you where to split text/logos) are still the -800 version. And then, when you start pasting sections into the individual fuse files (fuse 1,2 & 3) the alpha channel windows are completely out of alignment and seem to be the original -800/900 psd files.I've made myself a corrected set of Fuse files, but without the paint guide, I can't finish the repaint. I'm working on the 700 version of my blue and white air force jet which has "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" spanning the fuselage and I can't split it up across the gaps until the paint guide is corrected.

Chris Hicks

Since this isn't pinned anymore, I guess I'll try and keep it at the top by request a Delta liver for the -700. Not in a rush at all.
Seconded. I'm assuming PMDG has a house DAL livery in the works, can't wait to start flying it.

Can some one do this one, I know it's a -300but would be nice to have. Plus mabye a shamu?
Sure! Just draw me that bear in 4096 resolution and I'll crank it right out! LMAO.gif

Chris Hicks

haha!!! I can't do that in my dreams.
I could manage the rest of it, but that bear is probably beyond my means to reproduce. I am hoping to do several Southwest liveries. They're the airline I've probably traveled the most on, and my first ever commercial flight was on an old WN -200, so they have a special place in my heart. I was already thinking of doing a -700 version of Shamu. There's nothing like seeing that thing fly over your house.
I wonder, if PMDG used a different paintkit for the few 600/700 liveries.Thinking.gif
They definitely don't use the same ones they released yesterday! I've given up trying to fix them myself. Waiting to hear from PMDG.

Chris Hicks

I hope to see all of the Southwest Airlines state liveries one day. I know some of them are intricate, but there are some great painters out there, both at PMDG and not. I second California One from Southwest... it's a great paint job.Joshua Smith

On the topic of SWA schemes, would love to see both a Lonestar One and Illinois One...I know the latter is a very challenging paint, but I can hope.

Eric Szczesniak

Lonestar seems very doable. Anything with basic lines and cures I'll be able to reproduce, but things like the bear or The Alaska airlines fish, I wouldn't have a clue how to reproduce that. Jedi Repaint Master Marcelo may know how.

Chris Hicks

Great, I'm glad 2 read that the Southwest special liveries will be painted. :) They're all looking great and they're the most important reason why I'll buy the -700 package. Just 4 flying with Southwest. :)I guess you guys did some flights with the pre-SP1 liveries. I've read that no problems should appear? But what is with the new options from the CDU? Will there be any problems?

Chris........As long as we're talking specials, how about Air Canada and/or Air Nova? Both airlines flew these in earlier days.Jack FentressChris.........I forgot to say in the 600/700 version.Jack Fentress