Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Any chance of a Jet Airways 737-800WL, you wonderful wizards of the repaint art?

• Upvote 1

Lookin' good, Christian!New Mexico One has departed for the Avsim library. Should be available in a few hours.fsx2012-02-0118-47-05-21.jpg
What a beautiful livery Chris, thanks for another great SWA paint, please keep them coming you are the master painter!

Did anybody hail for a cab? :(previewshlx1xdh8m639vb.jpgpreviewshlx22nxtcea4p8.jpgpreviewshlx3bqu67czfst.jpgThe yellow cab livery is still my favorite theme for the 737-700. I can't really say how many hours I spend flying this livery around in the old PMDG 737NG but it was quite alot. Too bad that Hapag-Lloyd Express vanished in TUIfly. At least I can fly it around the FSX skies now.... :(.Greets!
Hello Christian,are there any news about the Hapag Lloyd Express livery.I'd love to download it somewhere.Greets, Joerg Edited by hopsten

I was thinking of installing a livery for the first time and I downloaded the KLM 800 Winglets one. Is there a way of finding out before I install it (and of not afterwards) what exactly is different from the default PMDG House version? The KLM does have an * behind so it does have specific options installed.. but I'd like to know which...EDITInstalled the KLM livery and there is no information on what is changed. The changes in the VC are obvious (different MPC and other secondary gauges) but I have no clue at ALL what settings are changed using the PMDG options menu in the FMC, which makes using the plane a bit of a gamble... I loaded the House settings into the KLM to make sure everything goes as planned but I'd rather get a list of changes so I know what to expect...
I don't know if there's a list of changes a such. You can go through the list of options in the configuration menu on the CDU to see what has been set. Most would be visible in the VC if you know what to look for (e.g. MCP type, presence of HUD) and the others won't effect your flight much (e.g. dual bottle cargo fire supression).

If any of you repainters out there have some free time, it would be cool to have either one of theseBEAUTIFUL liveries! FYI, the "rainbow palm tree, lol" livery is a Skynet Asia Airways 737-400, maybeit could be done for the -600? Love the "ribbon" on the BBJ also.

I don't know if there's a list of changes a such. You can go through the list of options in the configuration menu on the CDU to see what has been set. Most would be visible in the VC if you know what to look for (e.g. MCP type, presence of HUD) and the others won't effect your flight much (e.g. dual bottle cargo fire supression).
I don't think there is a list: I can't find it anyway. :( The VC changes are obvious indeed and I know I can check the options in the CDU, however, there are a LOT of options and I don't know all the default ones by heart so it's hard to compare. And yes, a lot of options won't make a big difference but some surely will. The House livery won't intercept the glideslope before the localizer: I always only use APP but when the glideslope CAN be interceptet before the localizer, I would be better off using VOR/LOC first before I select APP. From what I know (which isn't that much btw :( ) things like that really can make a difference. So I am a bit surprised that the zip with the livery file doesn't come with a readme that shows the changed settings... BTW All those settings are nice, but when I loaded the KLM livery I not only had another MCP and standby gauges but also some bell ringing and I had no clue what it was... When I loaded the House settings, the sound was gone. I think I will simply use liveries for the outside only and load the House options into every livery I download. Better safe then sorry. :(

Just look through the CDU options menus to see what the plane is equipped with. You can see on the first page what approach setting it has.And just a little pet-Peeve, why is it when people request liveries for the classic 737s they seem to ask for it on a 600?? FYI the 400 is closest on size to the 800 the 300 is the same size as the 700 the 500 is the same size as the 600

And just a little pet-Peeve, why is it when people request liveries for the classic 737s they seem to ask for it on a 600??FYI the 400 is closest on size to the 800 the 300 is the same size as the 700 the 500 is the same size as the 600 My bad, I thought it looked a little long to be a -600. That's why I named the airline it was from so that the repaint pros could figure out which fuselage it would be best replicated on.

If any of you repainters out there have some free time, it would be cool to have either one of theseBEAUTIFUL liveries! FYI, the "rainbow palm tree, lol" livery is a Skynet Asia Airways 737-400, maybeit could be done for the -600? Love the "ribbon" on the BBJ also.
Jayson,The BBJ bird with the ribbons would not be difficult to do in a -600 or -700 model as the ribbons are straightforward in where they are laid out. I am working on finishing up my British Midland 737-500 (-600 model) and plan on uploading it no later than Sunday. I have a personal BBJ version of the -600 I might go ahead an upload (see in previous posts and my signature below).If I decide to start on that BBJ bird this weekend...I'll post a reply here. It would probably be the -700 since there are winglets in the picture. Not looking to crank out a new bird each week, but that design is interesting...lol.

Hello Christian,are there any news about the Hapag Lloyd Express livery.I'd love to download it somewhere.Greets, Joerg
Hi Joerg,I have done quite a few changes to it and there are a few other 'operated by Germania' liveries in the works too...I am aiming for a weekend release. Edited by Lindbergh22

Jayson,The BBJ bird with the ribbons would not be difficult to do in a -600 or -700 model as the ribbons are straightforward in where they are laid out. I am working on finishing up my British Midland 737-500 (-600 model) and plan on uploading it no later than Sunday. I have a personal BBJ version of the -600 I might go ahead an upload (see in previous posts and my signature below).If I decide to start on that BBJ bird this weekend...I'll post a reply here. It would probably be the -700 since there are winglets in the picture. Not looking to crank out a new bird each week, but that design is interesting...lol.
Thanks for giving that livery a shot Steve! Take your time, btw, nice job on the BMI livery

Thanks for giving that livery a shot Steve! Take your time, btw, nice job on the BMI livery
Jayson,I haven't decided to do that BBJ scheme yet. I indicated I would consider it. I just have to see how my time goes. I will post a reply here and let the forum know if I intend to do that one. Thanks for the kind words on the BMI bird. Here's an update...I'm getting close with the British Midland 737-500 (i.e. PMDG737-600 model). This is a mostly clean rendition. There is some weathering...but not a whole lot. I wanted that new bird look for this one. Since I'm getting closer, Looking at it again, I need to move the "Star Alliance logo back a tad. It's too close to the cockpit windows. I thought I would post an update and am hoping to get the finished product uploaded no later than Sunday at the latest.Have a great weekend!Here's the real one:BMI737-500-Real.jpgFront Angle (I just loaded it in and hit pause. The flaps would normally be down if I was really flying it.BMI737-500-1.jpgRear angle:BMI737-500-2.jpg Edited by SRAces

Jayson,I haven't decided to do that BBJ scheme yet. I indicated I would consider it. I just have to see how my time goes. I will post a reply here and let the forum know if I intend to do that one. Thanks for the kind words on the BMI bird. Here's an update...I'm getting close with the British Midland 737-500 (i.e. PMDG737-600 model). This is a mostly clean rendition. There is some weathering...but not a whole lot. I wanted that new bird look for this one. Since I'm getting closer, Looking at it again, I need to move the "Star Alliance logo back a tad. It's too close to the cockpit windows. I thought I would post an update and am hoping to get the finished product uploaded no later than Sunday at the latest.Have a great weekend!Here's the real one:BMI737-500-Real.jpgFront Angle (I just loaded it in and hit pause. The flaps would normally be down if I was really flying it.BMI737-500-1.jpgRear angle:BMI737-500-2.jpg
Sorry Steve, I guess i meant thanks for considering it, I don't say exactly what I mean sometimes. :(

Sorry Steve, I guess i meant thanks for considering it, I don't say exactly what I mean sometimes. :(
LOL...No Problem at all. Headed to bed. I stil have work on the BMI bird to do. The examples above are nowhere near final. I'm still adjusting colors everywhere. LOL. Have a great weekend!