Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I am importing photos from a photo session... I was literally 8 feet away from the SWA 738... only thing was a security fence blocked me from it.Here is the Rear section... sorry iPhone 4s camera.http://s737.photobuc...nt=IMG_0259.jpg
737Dude,Thanks for the effort. One item that would be helpful for those of us that paint would be close enough photos of areas with warning or label text. I'm working on a U.S. Airways bird. The online pictures never seem to have close up shots of the engines and other areas where you can read the text labeling so you can add that text in the appropriate areas. There seems to be a lot of small white text on the engines, but I can't find a picture clear enough or close enough to use as an example. While older Flight Sim textures were smaller in size and did not allow for this type of text to be seen...let alone read, the 4096X4096 size does alow clarity of text (even label text) if there are examples that can be used.While I can paint blurried specks of white in those areas, I'd rather type real text there if the size can be used.

Steve, most airlines, if not all, do keep the wording the same. There are some nice walkarounds on airlinercafe that you can reference to.

Steve, most airlines, if not all, do keep the wording the same. There are some nice walkarounds on airlinercafe that you can reference to.
Thanks! I'll check it out... :(

Steve,That Frontier bird is looking good!----------------------Here's an in-progress shot of the U.S. Airways bird. I had a little time to work on it tonight. The gray ribbon stripes are nowhere near their finished positions, but it give you an idea of what the finished bird might look like. I'm still shooting for an upload by the end of the week. I want the ribbon stripes to be "perfect" in my mind...lol. They aren't remotely there yet. The merger logo on the forward doors will be moving to just behind the doors on the fuselage.USAirways-InProgress-2.jpg

A couple of works in progress. Shooting for having both finished by the weekend at the latest.
Chris those look great, can't wait to fly that -800 when she hits the fleet...is your as shiny and glossy as the one in the pics? Thanks again...

Here's an in-progress shot of the U.S. Airways bird. I had a little time to work on it tonight. The gray ribbon stripes are nowhere near their finished positions, but it give you an idea of what the finished bird might look like. I'm still shooting for an upload by the end of the week. I want the ribbon stripes to be "perfect" in my mind...lol. They aren't remotely there yet. The merger logo on the forward doors will be moving to just behind the doors on the fuselage.
Oh that will be fun on the ribbons...........It's looking real good! Edited by SteveAull

Steve Aull

Sweet US Airways Flies out if KSLC it stops about 4 times getting to to Klga but now i will have Something to Fly East, Looking Good Steve ;-)

Chris those look great, can't wait to fly that -800 when she hits the fleet...is your as shiny and glossy as the one in the pics? Thanks again...
Well, I've tinkered with improving the shine, but I don't know how to get a really glossy effect with the NGX. If anyone has any pointers on that, I'd appreciate it.

Chris Hicks

Steve,That Frontier bird is looking good!----------------------Here's an in-progress shot of the U.S. Airways bird. I had a little time to work on it tonight. The gray ribbon stripes are nowhere near their finished positions, but it give you an idea of what the finished bird might look like. I'm still shooting for an upload by the end of the week. I want the ribbon stripes to be "perfect" in my mind...lol. They aren't remotely there yet. The merger logo on the forward doors will be moving to just behind the doors on the fuselage.
Looks really nice! That's a pet peve of mine when people doing US Airways repaints forget the merger logo!

Well, I've tinkered with improving the shine, but I don't know how to get a really glossy effect with the NGX. If anyone has any pointers on that, I'd appreciate it.
Without tinkering myself, I believe that you have to adjust the Alpha layer to get a better shine, that's what I've done on other paints.

Could one of our awesome painters please do this special paint scheme? For some reason I'm having trouble posting a picture that works. However, it's the Ryanair Dream -liner scheme. Thanks in advance.Thanks Anthony Slattery