Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I'm doing the -700 model since I have the cargo door done from previous cargo models. Also starting to learn a little more about the bump files. Anybody know where the texture file is for the ground unit. Would like to paint them some shade of brown.

Steve Aull

The Hapag-Lloyd Express -700 is almost there. I thought I could hammer it out in a day from start to finish, but I ran out of time...lol. It should have it ready to upload tomorrow sometime. I just have some fine tuning to do and it will be ready to upload.
That's brilliant Steve.

Thanks! I also plan on uploading a second version with the large "hlx.com" on the side of the fuselage versus the Hapag-Lloyd Express over the windows. I found that on aircraft D-AGEN. That way there will be two versions to choose from. Fixing the second livery is a snap since that's the only difference beside adjusting aircraft codes..I never looked at this livery much before you asked. Flying "Big Yellow" is a nice way to go. I should have both done by the end of the day.HL-Inprogress-2.jpg

So glad to re-visit this thread. Love the HLX livery And I was hoping someone would do a UPS. Awesome. Now for a Jet Blue fictional... ;)

Anybody know where the texture file is for the ground unit. Would like to paint them some shade of brown.
Steve, The GPU cart is located in the 737NGX_cabin.dds texture.

Chris Hicks

Steve,The GPU cart is located in the 737NGX_cabin.dds texture.
Chris,I haven't been down the road of painting the ground units, but that's a thought. I'm glad soemeone is doing it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Actually, I was answering the OTHER Steve! :Big Grin:LOVING the Hapag-LLoyd! It's looking great.

Chris Hicks

Actually, I was answering the OTHER Steve! :Big Grin:LOVING the Hapag-LLoyd! It's looking great.
LOL...I know you were answering the other Steve. I just jumped on the response. I played around with the ground units. I can see that if you built a good texture layer for the ground unit detail with a clear background, it's possible to customize the ground units to look any way you want. To add those to a livery upload, we would have to add a seperate texture folder with a unique file extension so that the new texture group would be tied to that specific livery and the edited texture.cfg associated with it. That might be daunting for some folks to install as it would require more than the Livery Manager only.Glad you like the Hapag-Lloyd. I just threw out the checkerboad and rebuilt it. It's not a fictional bird, so I want it to be accurate. The squares were a little too wide. Only took about 15 mines to fix it. I'm still aiming for uploading 2 Hapag-Lloyd liveries by this evening.

To add those to a livery upload, we would have to add a seperate texture folder with a unique file extension so that the new texture group would be tied to that specific livery and the edited texture.cfg associated with it. That might be daunting for some folks to install as it would require more than the Livery Manager only.
I just save my modified cabin texture to the livery's folder and it packs it with the ptp file. I haven't tried tinkering with a fallback system like that yet. I was afraid I'd mess something up. lol

Chris Hicks

Whoever can get those yellow and black squares to line up on the top and bottom definitely deserves to be paid. I bet it's maddening.
I can imagine. Although I have PS CS5, I still can't do repaints to save my own life!!! Fortunately (thanks to WoAI) I have found nearly all the Southwest Specialty Liveries. Now I gotta get in touch with them to get permission to use them for the PMDG 737s....

Rodney E. Jacobs

Here's another thats been on the request list for a long time.Jet Airways is one of India's largest carriers with more than 50 NGs.They have two 900s, that are apparently used exclusively on the busy Mumbai - Delhi route.Jet Airways B737 - 900Now Available on AVSIM http://library.avsim...ftp&DLID=167174JGC_H.jpgThumbnail-9.jpg
John,Thanks for doing that Jet Airways. I agree...it's one that has been requested for some time.
I just save my modified cabin texture to the livery's folder and it packs it with the ptp file. I haven't tried tinkering with a fallback system like that yet. I was afraid I'd mess something up. lol
Chris,I just realized what you meant by your equipment logos packaging in with you ptp file. Yes..those decal logos do tie in fine for that. I painted my equipment yellow for a test case with the Hapag-Lloyd livery as a test. You have to create a seperate texture file and adjust the texture.cfg. That's where I was coming from...lol. The equipment looked pretty good in a matching yellow color.Lining up these checkerboards to match something that looks like the real bird on the bottom rear is all I have left. Yes...this is the maddening part...lol. I'm getting there. Then it will be a 2 ship upload.

I don't envy you. If I ever get bored with Southwest, I'm only going to paint white planes with straight cheat lines from now on. :(

Chris Hicks

Two Hapag-Lloyd 737-700 NGX aircraft just departed for the AVSIM terminal. One is the regular Hapag-Lloyd Express livery (D-AGEQ). The other is the same livery with the "hlx.com" in large letters on the side of the fuselage. For the hlx.com bird, I found a good picture on airliners.net that stated it was a 737-700 with a code of D-AGEN. I couldn't find any other pictures of that one bird. I did not call it fictional. I hope it's a real one. Both planes are the exact same color. The screenshot below were taken at different times of the day so I could get a feel of how the yellow looked. I hope everyone that wanted this livery enjoys both versions.I just realized I forgot to turn on the eyebrow windows for the hlx.com bird. That's easily fixed by the person that downloads it.D-AGEQ:PMDG_737-700_NGX_Hapag-LloydEx-1.jpgPMDG_737-700_NGX_Hapag-LloydEx-2.jpgPMDG_737-700_NGX_Hapag-LloydEx-3.jpgD-AGEN:PMDG_737-700_NGX_hlncom-1.jpgPMDG_737-700_NGX_hlncom-2.jpgPMDG_737-700_NGX_hlncom-3.jpg

Steve it's looking good. Chris thanks for the info on the file location.Also, Steve I believe you can make modifications to any of the textures in the common folders as long as you put the copy in the aircraft folder. I did this with the TNT bump files to get rid of the window outlines. Livery manager will package everything that is in the livery's texture folder.Will find out and let you know..

Steve Aull