Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Steve,Tommy,That "Braathens" bird has a nice look, but I'm not committing to it. I just want to get through the list I have right now..lol. For some reason that bird in the picture seems a little "stubby" to be a -700. It might be the picture angle. Is that from FS9 or FSX? Is it an AI aircraft?
I have a couple ducks lined up, maybe after that if nobody steps in.Yeah... I would say 600 as well... Or maybe a 500, but the wingtips seem like NG.
Fabo is right. The Braathens SAFE screen is an NG. It is the FS9 PMDG 737-700.Braathens SAFE had a lot of -200's and later -500's + some -400, but never the NG.So it actually would be suitable to choose any or all of the models for the NGX.And yes Steve, the angle of the shot and resizing makes it look a little "stubby". :(

Fabo is right. The Braathens SAFE screen is an NG. It is the FS9 PMDG 737-700.Braathens SAFE had a lot of -200's and later -500's + some -400, but never the NG.So it actually would be suitable to choose any or all of the models for the NGX.And yes Steve, the angle of the shot and resizing makes it look a little "stubby". :(
Hmmm...they call me "stubby" at work. Might be because my last name is Stubbs...lol.The screenshot below is from a few weeks back when I added the FedEx project to my list. The only bird done is that -800 one with winglets. I had started on both a -700 and a -800 (non-winglet). The -800 is below. The one on the AVSIM library has the hatch windows covered up and it's either all light silver or an all dirty white. (besides the purple rear tail area). I'm going to finish the -800 non-winglet version after I get the Eastern bird uploaded (hopefully tomorrow night).My version will not be a clone of the one in the AVSIM library and will be unique. Mine will have a white top, purple rear area and a silver/gray bottom area that I see on a lot of the FedEx birds I have looked at. Since it's fictional...there's no real bird to compare it to...lol.FedEx_project.jpg

oh yea, it can be a real pain. Here's the frontier.....Notice the Nose Layer. The dark strips I set up individually to get them right. Also the angles of the dark stripes are actual two angles each that end up looking like one on the bird.

Steve Aull

As to the sides not lining up I agree with that. Usually if it's close I just add or delete a few pixel widths of the line to get it right if moving is not an option. A few pixels no one will notice.

Steve Aull

Notice the side view shows the dark strip not even hitting the top nose section, but on the plane it does.As you can see many different angles just to get it to cross right and look like one curved line. Pain....Pain...Pain

Steve Aull

I agree with your pain. I was thinking that bird had a small black anti-glare panel area right in front of the windshield. Looking at it...it doesn't. I'm trying to avoid the additional time required to add that small area of black? I'm leaning towards leaving it off since this is a purely fixtional repaint. BTW...since you're probably going to do the all silver Eastern bird, do you mind if I work on a Frontier "Arrowjet" bird in a -600? That's not the same as what you painted.

Sounds good to me. I'll show you some of my back nose sections.

Steve Aull

this probably isn't much help since I think your wanting a smaller black nose top.....

Steve Aull

Braathens had 13 -700's. :)http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/search.php?manufacturer=Boeing&subtype=737-700&fleet=3249&fleetStatus=5So a Braathens SAFE livery on the 700 is the most correct one. :) Maybe use a reg from the list above.

I know this is not an accurate paint. It originally is a F70 executive jet, but I would highly appreciate if someone could do this one on a 736. It is the governemental plane of the Netherlands, also used by the royal family. We - the Dutch - refer to it as the "KBX" phkbx2.jpgphkbx1.jpg

Braathens had 13 -700's. :)

http://www.planespot...9&fleetStatus=5

So a Braathens SAFE livery on the 700 is the most correct one. :) Maybe use a reg from the list above.

Yes, you are right and wrong. :P

Yes Braathens had -700,but..there is a difference between birds on the old brand Braathens S.A.F.E. and the modern era Braathens.

The -700 in the modern era didn't have the old retro SAFE livery and doesn't look that good.

Btw, Braathens was eventually eaten by SAS and spit out and stepped on when resources was diguested.

Braathens SAFE also had two 767-200 for a while! LN-SUV and LN-SUW,and I've traveled on them both. B)

Hmmm...they call me "stubby" at work. Might be because my last name is Stubbs...lol.

Who better to do that "stubby" little SAFE paint than you then! :lol:

Yes, you are right and wrong. :P

Yes Braathens had -700,but..there is a difference between birds on the old brand Braathens S.A.F.E. and the modern era Braathens.

The -700 in the modern era didn't have the old retro SAFE livery and doesn't look that good.

Btw, Braathens was eventually eaten by SAS and spit out and stepped on when resources was diguested.

Braathens SAFE also had two 767-200 for a while! LN-SUV and LN-SUW,and I've traveled on them both. B)

Who better to do that "stubby" little SAFE paint than you then! :lol:

I'm not comitting to it, but you never what you might find uploaded "if" the opportunity arises... :unsure:

Steve,

Great Paints. Is a 900 in the delta widget paint scheme coming to match your 6,7, and 8?

No worries Steve, I have enough to "play" with for now anyway. I''m sure someone will get to it eventually.

I'm all "booked" up with Delta and Pan Am flights for an unforseeable period of time now anyway. B)

Steve,

Great Paints. Is a 900 in the delta widget paint scheme coming to match your 6,7, and 8?

It's not in my main "to do" list right now. When I paint a livery, the intent is not to do the same one for every model. The widget paint scheme kind of went viral and everyone wanted it in other models besides the original -600. I might entertain adding a -900, but it would have to be when I'm caught up and have the time to port the livery over from the -800.

I hardly fly anymore...lol. I spend all my FSX time painting. If I get one of those moments where I'm not into scratch building, you might see a -900 uploaded. No promises... I don't want to commit to a lot of requests as that adds the expectation to get them built within a timeframe and sometimes I get tied up.

I really appreciated the great words on the paints!