Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

NEGATIVE. I'm talking about the 6V-AHO: so, the non winglet version. If possible....

Thanks Steve! Appreciate your efforts, all of these retro , they are awesome. I am all in on the 600s too btw, there are plenty of 800s to go round in rw aviation.. I was actually making reference to a certain 732 with a major lack of paints. Although I should probably not be mentioning such things on this forum. :)

Jack

Ok so today I open up a 600 paintkit in photoshop to attempt to try to start with something extremely simple and all I can say is how in the heck do you know where to paint.. LOL.. I mean is a 600 paintkit but as long as a 900... I just dont know where to stop in the first part of the fuselage to match the middle part.. Im use to opening a paintkit that is the whole body of the particular plane and painting.. any tip from painter out there.. PLZ lol...

Carlitos Colon

Ok so today I open up a 600 paintkit in photoshop to attempt to try to start with something extremely simple and all I can say is how in the heck do you know where to paint.. LOL.. I mean is a 600 paintkit but as long as a 900... I just dont know where to stop in the first part of the fuselage to match the middle part.. Im use to opening a paintkit that is the whole body of the particular plane and painting.. any tip from painter out there.. PLZ lol...

Carlitos Colon

Carlitos,

You use the master_fuselage template for the main fuselage painting. There's a layer at the top called "What is What". That will tell you what each part area is. Then you have a layer called "NGX 600 Paint Regions". That's the guide that helps you line up items that cross from one section to another. The light blue vertical lines that seperate that main fuselage into 3 areas are your guides for copying each section. You copy each section (fuselage 1,2 or 3) and past them into the respective individual PSD file. Then you merge the layers and save that file as a DDS format into the aircraft folder of your new livery. There are other steps that have to be done. Did you read the Paintkit PDF? That might help you out as well. This thread is probably not the place for a painting tutorial...lol.

All,

I've just finished uploading all three Braniff birds. Here's a screen shot from each. They should be available soon for downloading.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffOrange-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffBlue-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffGreen-1.jpg

Amazing!

I'm losing my mind or was really not paying attention until I looked at the pictures above. I have no idea how I missed the right front side window not having the white outline. I've asked the librarians to kill the uploads before they go live and will upload all three corrected tomorrow night. I need to work on one plane at a time...lol. My apologies for the false start!

Steve, and I know exactly how you did it... there is no window at that position on L side... the doors are a bit to the forward on R side, so one more window there.

FWIW I am 95% certain Braniff would have had a plug in there and a galley, had it ever come to operate 737s.

OT: In just over a month, it will be 30 years since original Braniff went bust.

Erm is there any PMDG 737 ngx Singapore airlines?

I knw there is a Malaysia,but i hope there is Singapore Airlines.

Cheers,KL

Is anyone able to do a Shanghai airlines 737-800? I flew on them the other day, and would like to recreate the flight when I get home.

Carlitos,

You use the master_fuselage template for the main fuselage painting. There's a layer at the top called "What is What". That will tell you what each part area is. Then you have a layer called "NGX 600 Paint Regions". That's the guide that helps you line up items that cross from one section to another. The light blue vertical lines that seperate that main fuselage into 3 areas are your guides for copying each section. You copy each section (fuselage 1,2 or 3) and past them into the respective individual PSD file. Then you merge the layers and save that file as a DDS format into the aircraft folder of your new livery. There are other steps that have to be done. Did you read the Paintkit PDF? That might help you out as well. This thread is probably not the place for a painting tutorial...lol.

All,

I've just finished uploading all three Braniff birds. Here's a screen shot from each. They should be available soon for downloading.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffOrange-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffBlue-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffGreen-1.jpg

Looks good! But fyi you have the flag backwards on the right side of the airplane, it always flys "away" from battle.

Looks good! But fyi you have the flag backwards on the right side of the airplane, it always flys "away" from battle.

The flag is correct. Braniff did not flip the flag on the right side to have the stars forward. The flag and text is the same orientation on both sides.

Steve, and I know exactly how you did it... there is no window at that position on L side... the doors are a bit to the forward on R side, so one more window there.

FWIW I am 95% certain Braniff would have had a plug in there and a galley, had it ever come to operate 737s.

OT: In just over a month, it will be 30 years since original Braniff went bust.

You're probably right regarding that window. I would not have seen it in the Photoshop template without looking at the alpha channel in the fuselage 1 section. I might take it out so there's no window. I'll have to see what outline it leaves. I've tried Steve Aull's directions for removing windows on my FedEx project. I still see the window outlines. I know my Delta bird worked for that one window, so I should be able to fix the three Braniff liveries.

They never made it "live", so I'll have them up tonight.

Steve, regarding the window outlines... basically there are two ways how to make freighter fuselage. Either you make it witnout windows, or you make it with windows and then plug them. Obviously, all passenger conversions have windows and plugs. Now new builts... that is a different thing. That depends on manufacturer and tooling. i.e. it is not economically viable to develop tooling and procedures to produce truly windowless fuselage, when you are only building a couple hulls. I think factory MD-11F was one of such hulls.

Now obviously, any plugs on passenger planes are just that - plugs.

What does this mean for us repainters: the 737NG is a passenger plane. Even 700C, which has provisions for freight, but is not a true freighter, has pax capabilities.

However your FDX is fictionall, so I guess it is fair game if you decide it to be smooth windowless hull, or plugged windows hull.

That means though, that if you decide either way, there is some adjusting required. Either you need to smooth the fuselage in bumpmap, or you need to apply plug texture for entire body. Plug texture, which kind of resembles window outline, is provided, but only on commonly plugged windows in front and back of the aircraft.

For Braniff... it should be just as well as for Delta - a plug texture and a window bumpmap (the plugs are actually really sunk a tiny bit into fuselage skin, just as windows are)

PM me if you need any further info or some photoshop imagery of this.