Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Steve, regarding the window outlines... basically there are two ways how to make freighter fuselage. Either you make it witnout windows, or you make it with windows and then plug them. Obviously, all passenger conversions have windows and plugs. Now new builts... that is a different thing. That depends on manufacturer and tooling. i.e. it is not economically viable to develop tooling and procedures to produce truly windowless fuselage, when you are only building a couple hulls. I think factory MD-11F was one of such hulls.

Now obviously, any plugs on passenger planes are just that - plugs.

What does this mean for us repainters: the 737NG is a passenger plane. Even 700C, which has provisions for freight, but is not a true freighter, has pax capabilities.

However your FDX is fictionall, so I guess it is fair game if you decide it to be smooth windowless hull, or plugged windows hull.

That means though, that if you decide either way, there is some adjusting required. Either you need to smooth the fuselage in bumpmap, or you need to apply plug texture for entire body. Plug texture, which kind of resembles window outline, is provided, but only on commonly plugged windows in front and back of the aircraft.

For Braniff... it should be just as well as for Delta - a plug texture and a window bumpmap (the plugs are actually really sunk a tiny bit into fuselage skin, just as windows are)

PM me if you need any further info or some photoshop imagery of this.

Thanks for the response! Your input is always appreciated. Let me play with the FedEx project some this week. If I don't get the result I want...I'll PM you. I hope you had a great weekend!

The flag is correct. Braniff did not flip the flag on the right side to have the stars forward. The flag and text is the same orientation on both sides.

You're probably right regarding that window. I would not have seen it in the Photoshop template without looking at the alpha channel in the fuselage 1 section. I might take it out so there's no window. I'll have to see what outline it leaves. I've tried Steve Aull's directions for removing windows on my FedEx project. I still see the window outlines. I know my Delta bird worked for that one window, so I should be able to fix the three Braniff liveries.

They never made it "live", so I'll have them up tonight.

Steve remember there is also an alpha channel in the bump maps. So you have to smooth the blue layer and then the alpha channel as well. I'm probably not explaining this very well.

Steve Aull

Steve remember there is also an alpha channel in the bump maps. So you have to smooth the blue layer and then the alpha channel as well. I'm probably not explaining this very well.

Hey buddy! You're fine!

I tried messing with that blue layer as well the other night. I'll get it figured out...lol. The Fed Ex bird isn't going anywhere. I've got to remove those single windows on the Braniff birds when I get home so I can re-upload them.

Fabo and Steve,

I appreciate all the great help! I got home a little while ago and decided to work on removing the window totally. I figured it out thanks to the great help from both of you. Now I've got to get all three adjusted and re-uploaded this evening. There used to be a window between the panel line and the door. No longer! I will work on configuring the texture config file and add the correct bitmaps in a folder in the texture files so it will work for everyone that downloads the livery and not point to the original bump map textures.

The Blue Braniff International Airways bird is headed to the AVSIM library. I did get the extra left window fixed. Not enough time to work on the Orange and Green one. Hopefully I can upload one or both tomorrow evening.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffBlue-3.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! As the CC always told me in the MOB "Make it happen" !!! Only problem is I couldn't always tell them how I did it......You know deny-ability :) Sir.....It's best you don't ask how we got this done!

Steve Aull

Branif International Airways N120BN "Orange" is uploaded into the AVSIM library. I'll get the green livery up tomorrow night.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_BraniffOrange-3.jpg

Hey steve... I dont know if this will ever be helpful for you but I was online searching different fonts to do my part to help painter find different airlines fonts

(since I suck in painting and to owe you for making that pan am 800 repaint in the 600 eventually) and came across this font website with different airlines font logos.... I thought of you and thought maybe it will help in the future when making other airlines repaints... Here the website... I hope it helps...

http://www.fontsy.com/font_details_2325.html

Carlitos Colon

I've made a SAS Braathens. Hope you like it :)

sasbr1.jpg

sasbr2.jpg

Should be available soon on avsim file library.

Hey steve... I dont know if this will ever be helpful for you but I was online searching different fonts to do my part to help painter find different airlines fonts

(since I suck in painting and to owe you for making that pan am 800 repaint in the 600 eventually) and came across this font website with different airlines font logos.... I thought of you and thought maybe it will help in the future when making other airlines repaints... Here the website... I hope it helps...

http://www.fontsy.co...tails_2325.html

Carlitos Colon

Thanks for the link. I'll keep that site in mind if I need a font they have. Braniff uses a Gerard Sky Slant font that is only available if you purchase it. I ended up taking a similar font and editing the letters individually to make it work. :biggrin: