Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Damage, I love this painting !

I started to actually try doing the Florida bird a while back, but after a week of trying, I started looking like Jokers Wild and had to stop before it became permanent...lol. Just kidding Chris!

I agree with Chris above. While I love a lot of the complicated fancy paint schemes requested, the challenges can be many things.

1. Avoiding the problem areas where the images/lines are stretched or distorted on the 3D model after they are applied.

2. Trying to find a suitable graphic or font style large enough to be used so there will be no distortion. I'm working on a National Airways (New Zealand) 60s livery on a -600 and had to draw the logo from scratch as there was no suitable one to be found.

3. Wanting to spend the time needed to do the detail to that level. The lower rear fuselage and upper fuselage from the middle back came make you pull your hair out. I applaud anyone that spends the time to make the complicated liveries. Are they doable...yes.

Just my thoughts.

Exactly, Steve. I've even shelved Lone Star One because of the way the large star crosses over the top above the doors. I can't seem to compensate for the way the model distorts up there. I'll hold on to the files in case anyone else want's them, otherwise it's on indefinite hold until I have some quantum leap in skill level. lol

Chris Hicks

You all deserve a good pat on the back for all the time you put into liveries. I remember trying my hand at it a while ago.

...and 187 pages? Man...

Kyle Rodgers

pat on the back? Come on! We deserve so much more!

Shipping bottles of wine across the state border is illegal here in the State of Virginia (unless you have a license), so unfortunately, I can't do that much...

Kyle Rodgers

pat on the back

Some Irishmen can be rather heavy to carry! Only an oblique joke, a play on words, ahem.

I think they will never be feasible this paintings.

It's feasible. It just takes time..repainting the image to match the real one on the plane and a lot of trail and error. These pictures are just to show what happens when you put the flag image on the plane. The "Seal of Florida" text on the real bird is rotated around so it will show up in the right position. The top of the fuselage chops off the image on the front and the rear, plus it distorts the red bars so they will not align correctly. To fix the bars requires a lot of trial and error and hoping the the lines can be curved or straightened (sometimes both apply) to make it follow the correct path. Don't ever give up hope.

I'm sure someone will come along and figure it out. These are from my original stab at it a month or so back. I dug them up and thought I would post for you to see. If I get caught up on my retro birds, I might go back to this and repaint the flag logo to match the real bird...lol. You never know... :Praying:

FloridaOne-1.jpg

FloridaOne-2.jpg

FloridaOne-3.jpg

You will succeed to the finish, you have the experience.

That looks maddening to attempt. There was another guy who was working on Maryland One but I'm not sure what happened with that, he posted some pics of the work and it looked pretty good.

Hi Steve,

Could you please do a 737-900 in the TWA 90's scheme?

Fred Miller

Yea I'm planning on that. Been out of the loop lately due to finals at school. Should be starting back up this weekend.

Steve Aull

That Continental looks great! Any chance for a Southwest 600? Perhaps as tribute to the 200 and 500?

Thanks guys!

Jack