Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Nah! I won't slow down anytime soon as painting the liveries is my relaxation in the evenings. I do have a pretty long list I'm working on (along with individual requests) of predominately -600 candidates, so the list will not run out for a while...lol. If I can get the bare metal look right and if the feedback is positive, I'll use this new method more going forward.

That Republic -600 seems to have gone over well. It's almost passed the JetairFly -800 in downloads and I figured that new TUI wave livery was pretty popular based on how many downloads the Thomson livery has. I'm glad to see folks like the old birds as much as I do.

Steve,

If you're able to get the bare metal looking good (From the photos, I think it already does!) maybe you can come up with an American -600 & -700. Just a thought.

Steve,

If you're able to get the bare metal looking good (From the photos, I think it already does!) maybe you can come up with an American -600 & -700. Just a thought.

The bottom isn't as hard as the top. If I get the Western Bud Light bird where it works, then I can apply the same bare metal layer to any other -600/-700 I want to paint that has bare metal on the top and bottom. An American Airlines livery is a similar example to the Western version. It's probably going to take me through the weekend to finish that Western paint because of the trial and error painting to get the final areas where they blend correclty along the lines where all the top frontal area lines up.

I was hoping for some feedback from users of the new bottom look on the Frontier bird in FSX and not just from pictures I post. That feedback would be very helpful. The light gray wingroot area doesn't necessarily apply to all bare metal paints.

I was hoping for some feedback from users of the new bottom look on the Frontier bird in FSX and not just from pictures I post. That feedback would be very helpful. The light gray wingroot area doesn't necessarily apply to all bare metal paints.

Steve Stubbs

Steve,

I think the bottom is too dark as you suggest, even when airborne. The contrast between the wing root area and the rest of the fuselage disrupts the visual flow along the bottom of the jet from front to back.

Steve,

I think the bottom is too dark as you suggest, even when airborne. The contrast between the wing root area and the rest of the fuselage disrupts the visual flow along the bottom of the jet from front to back.

Pete,

That was one of my concerns regarding that new format. Hopefully a few more folks will let me know what they think. Once the new library format goes into effect, I might release an update to the Frontier -600 with the bottom changed out. Right now I'm looking for feedback in peoples systems and what they think. You can't get that from my screenshots. Thanks for responding!

Steve

I'm looking for feedback in peoples systems

Steve - to follow up, here are a couple of screen shots from my system:

2012-5-23_19-33-29-502.jpg

2012-5-23_19-33-36-933.jpg

That seems like a tricky to recreate given all the color and shape possibilities you'd have for representing reflections.

Steve - to follow up, here are a couple of screen shots from my system:

2012-5-23_19-33-29-502.jpg

2012-5-23_19-33-36-933.jpg

That seems like a tricky to recreate given all the color and shape possibilities you'd have for representing reflections.

Pete,

Those are wonderful shots. I guess it depends on your perspective as to what you feel individually looks close to the bar metal finish. I could darken the wing root area so the contrast between the bottom and the wingroot area is not as drastic or I can lighten the darkness of the bottom bare metal area. As I previously posted...I'm hoping to get some more feedback to help me decide whether to even keep pursuing this area. Hopefully Chris, Rich, Marcelo, Fabo or some of the other painters will weigh in on it. I'm curious as to their thoughts.

My Internet is going up and down tonight as my provider is doing some upgrade work. I was hoping to get the bird below done tonight, but it looks like I'll have to spend some quality time cleaning up the Ozark text to make it sharp. The final colors/shades are not set yet as well. This is just a getting started shot. Ozark never flew the 737 from what I can tell. I might remove the logos off the engines. Not sure if they look good there or not.

Steve

Ozark-Initial.jpg

No feedback yet from my fellow painters...

Here is what the Frontier bird would look like if I followed my previous methods for the bottom. Looking for some feedback on whether to change it and fix the file in the AVSIM library. Thanks!

Frontier-BE-1.jpg

Frontier-BE-2.jpg

Shes pretty stunning the way she is but I will chime in a bit as you can see in the picture the belly area and up the sides is actually aluminum also notice the engines are bare aluminum also, as for the 737-600 I believe its fictional so no big deal looks great the way it is Steve might have to load up a 600 now, super job.

Rich Sennett

Shes pretty stunning the way she is but I will chime in a bit as you can see in the picture the belly area and up the sides is actually aluminum also notice the engines are bare aluminum also, as for the 737-600 I believe its fictional so no big deal looks great the way it is Steve might have to load up a 600 now, super job.

Buddy, Do you think it looks okay with the original bottom in my release post and Pete's pictures or should I change it to look like the pictures on this page. I've almost given up trying to reproduce the aluminum/chrome reflective finish and believe it can never be done in FSX. I just don't want a file in the AVSIM that is perceived by my peers as having too dark a bottom. That's why I'm asking. If you think the original upload looks okay, then I'll leave it as is. I doubt if I will travel down this road on the bottom again as I don't like feeling like I messed up a paint and will stick to the look above on this page.

Cheers,

Steve

I Like Mine Just Fine !!!!! Thanks for another Classic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Exelent Southwest paints, Bring on some more. I need my fix :P

I downloaded all of them last night, and they are stunning. I was extra surprised when i went into the cabin and the interior was even colored in!.

Is it possible to add the colored interior to other paints? Or is that texture linked to other parts of the plane?

I Like Mine Just Fine !!!!! Thanks for another Classic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, me too. Looks great to me!

always always and always southwest repaint....

ok it's nice but please not all the time

Don't like em?? Paint your own repaints troll.

Yves,

Some of those paint schemes would be nice if a painter had a lot of time and patience. While all those fancy liveries look nice, most require the painter to do all the artwork from scratch. Chris and I both tend to stay away from any livery that has complex graphics in the tail-to- fuselage area because of the huge challenges in getting paintwork to line up in that area. I wouldn't anticipate painting any of those at the moment. It appears a vast majority of those are for Western Pacific Airlines.

If I remember correctly, the site here frowns upon posting of copyrighted "airliners.net" pictures. I could be wrong.

All,

I'm going to leave the Frontier -600 "as is" for the time being. I appreciate the comments received. Rich's picture points out a much lighter looking bottom, especially when you are a real aircraft reflecting a light concrete tarmac. He point is very valid for that situation. Due to the limitations we work under, I do believe we'll never be able to achieve an accurate representation that provides the reflectivity against the surrounding area to look correct. So for now I am holding off using that exact bottom look for a while.

I've still got the Western bird to finish and will not release it if I have any doubts about how the bare metal finish might be perceived. I'll post pictures of the finished bird for input before it's uploaded. Thanks again to the folks that provided input on the Frontier livery. The next one out the door is the Ozark bird.

I think that Frontier came out great!

Steve you are absolutely on the right track with metalics here. Can't wait to see the Western "Bud Light". I miss seeing all those metallic liveries that used to be around back in the day, Eastern had them as did later versions of Piedmont and early versions of US Air.

I am loving flying the white Western you created! Great looking plane!

Jack