Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

With Steve"s new paint and the expected release of Aerosoft's Fairbanks X next week I'd have to say I'm definitely heading back up that way too!

HI Steve,

Just want to say your repaints are superb. Especially love the 70's and 80's for the -600! They get regular outings (Will post up a screenshot or two later).

Looking through the tread, it seems that you made (an excellent looking) FedEx repaint - did you ever upload it to the Avsim Library?

Rich

Hi Rich!

It's still in the paint hanger unfinished and is a -800 without winglets. I probably need to work on it some more and get it out the door. The main holdup on my end was getting the white lower sides and the bare aluminum area on the bottom to pass my standards...lol. The paintkit and the actual 3D model don't quite agree sometimes in some areas when trying to get colors/lines painted to line up.

It wasn't a request by anywone, but a personal project ( I have a long list of those). I had just looked at the other -800 FedEx liveries released and thought I could make one that looked better. Kind of a personal challenge...lol. I might break it back out this weekend and see if I can get it closer to a finished product.

I wonder why there is a big drop off in liveries (fictional and non-fictional) for the -900? Simply unpopular or is there an issue with repainting that model?

Eric 

I wonder why there is a big drop off in liveries (fictional and non-fictional) for the -900? Simply unpopular or is there an issue with repainting that model?

I'm guessing it's either a lack or requests or the folks that like to paint the -900 are doing other projects. I know some of the other painters do paint other aircraft products. I started out concentrating on the -600 because initially it did not have very many liveries available. The paintkits do have unique quirks or qualities about them, but nothing that would keep someone from painting a -900 livery. While I do own a lot of other aircraft, I've been concentrating strictly on the NGX as far as painting goes.

Cheers Steve, that'd be great!

Thanks as well Nick - I'll check that one out.

Re: the -900 - not sure why there's so few! Perhaps it's because it's so similar to the -800, whereas there's a difference (including in the cockpit) with the -600/700s? Personally, I'm holding out for a BA -900, and maybe a cheeky FedEx -600... ;-)

Rich

The Wien Air Alaska -600 has finished uploading to the AVSIM library. Here are a few screens from the upload.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Wien-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Wien-2.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Wien-3.jpg

The Wien Air Alaska -600 has finished uploading to the AVSIM library. Here are a few screens from the upload.

The shine on both the paint and the bare aluminum is totally beautiful -- just the way I like 'em. Great work, Steven.

Thanks.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Very nice, as per the usual! One thing that caught my eye was the vertical stabilizer on the first picture, it literally looks like a real photo, I toss it up to the camerawork/paintjob/and model, but either way, wow.

so how about this livery for the 600?

5605261816_713369aa09.jpg

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

so how about this livery for the 600?

5605261816_713369aa09.jpg

I wouldn't paint that as it fails to meet one personal requirement...I have to like it...lol. Sorry, but to me that's an ugly livery. Someone else can do that one...lol.

Cheers Steve, that'd be great!

Thanks as well Nick - I'll check that one out.

Re: the -900 - not sure why there's so few! Perhaps it's because it's so similar to the -800, whereas there's a difference (including in the cockpit) with the -600/700s? Personally, I'm holding out for a BA -900, and maybe a cheeky FedEx -600... ;-)

Rich

Rich,

I pulled out my FedEx -800 (non-winglet) bird and worked on it some today. All that's left is to clean up the edges where the white meets the bottome gray/bare metal color along the fuselage. I should be able to get that done today and upload the livery by this evening at the latest.

FEDex-800_Inprogress-1.jpg