Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested to create this repaint of SmartWings? I know that there was one created, but this one looks nice too. Some nice liveries going on here by the way, downloaded a few already as they look fantastic. Cheers!

Smart_Wings_Boeing_737_-_500.jpg

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested to create this repaint of SmartWings? I know that there was one created, but this one looks nice too. Some nice liveries going on here by the way, downloaded a few already as they look fantastic. Cheers!

Smart_Wings_Boeing_737_-_500.jpg

The only difference I see is the engines from what I painted. Just curious if that's the reason for the request.

All,

For the folks waiting on the Shenzhen livery. I have been working on it and plan on making a winglet version as well. It has been one of the more frustrating paints for me due to the top fuselage area. I need some feedback...

Are the stripes below acceptable to most? If not, then I'll throw them out and start over from scratch. It will probably put me at least another week (worst case) before I get one like the real picture below. I didn't find this top photo until recently. Shenzhen appears to have two main versions of this paint and not all are exaclty the same. Agian...just looking for feedback...Thanks!

Steve

My version:

Shenzhen-800-1.jpg

Real version:

Shenzhen-800Real.jpg

Looks great, Steve! Maybe the red color could need a bit more saturation?

A little work in progress preview of the 737-700 Boeing House Color:

capture0201908201201432.jpg

Well let me put it this way...I'll keep working on it, but it will get to a point where I will make a decision as to just drop it all together. Not trying to sound indifferent, but this paint has been very frustrating. That's why I put it out for feedback. If it won't pass because it's not accurate or even fictional, then it will get shelved like the Textas International paint. To be honest...I'm to the point where I'm going to shelv eit if I don't get it where I feel I will pass muster. I've spent way too many hours on it so far and will get to the point where I will move on and paint something else.

Someone else with more talent can take a stab at it.

Roman,

I had lightened up the winglet version already and just got that one where the registration was correct. Thanks for your input.

Steve

Shenzhen-800-2.jpg

I personally won't download the livery but if it was a paint I was interested in it (no offense intended, I have all the paints I want) that would be absolutely fine.

Having done my own NGX paint and having headaches of trying to sort out the issue with stripes over the top of the fuselage I can say you have done a fantastic job and if I was you I would be happy with my result.

Roman,

I had lightened up the winglet version already and just got that one where the registration was correct. Thanks for your input.

Hello, you're welcome. Looks fine now, but don't forget also to lighten up the tail :wink2:

Well let me put it this way...I'll keep working on it, but it will get to a point where I will make a decision as to just drop it all together. Not trying to sound indifferent, but this paint has been very frustrating. That's why I put it out for feedback. If it won't pass because it's not accurate or even fictional, then it will get shelved like the Textas International paint. To be honest...I'm to the point where I'm going to shelv eit if I don't get it where I feel I will pass muster. I've spent way too many hours on it so far and will get to the point where I will move on and paint something else.

Someone else with more talent can take a stab at it.

Roman,

Steve

I say please release it. Sure the stripes don't match up completely, but if you hadn't posted that picture 99,9% of us would never have known. I'm probably going to be passing through China in FS in a couple of months and it would be great to have a Shenzen livery available, even if it doesn't live up to the highest rivet counting standards.

The only difference I see is the engines from what I painted. Just curious if that's the reason for the request.

All,

For the folks waiting on the Shenzhen livery. I have been working on it and plan on making a winglet version as well. It has been one of the more frustrating paints for me due to the top fuselage area. I need some feedback...

Are the stripes below acceptable to most? If not, then I'll throw them out and start over from scratch. It will probably put me at least another week (worst case) before I get one like the real picture below. I didn't find this top photo until recently. Shenzhen appears to have two main versions of this paint and not all are exaclty the same. Agian...just looking for feedback...Thanks!

Steve

My version:

Shenzhen-800-1.jpg

Real version:

Shenzhen-800Real.jpg

hi Steve, I must say you have done a very good job on it!!! Looks totally amazing!! Can't wait to start with it from Baoan Intl! ^_^

All,

I spent 4 hours this morning re-working the stripes on the Shenzhen birds to be wider. I didn't get it where I felt it met my standards. Since I did get a lot of positive feedback on the striped version below, that is what I will release later on today for both versions...probably by this evening.

The only major difference between the winglet and non-winglet versisons is the placement of the Boeing 737-800 aft of the rear doors. That placement differs in the reference pictures I'm using. They are based on real world aircraft so the registrations do match. Here are a couple of finished shots from the winglet version.

The last picture is from inside the cockpit. It shows how well PMDG detailed the panels in the plane. Great work by PMDG!

Steve

PMDG_737-800WL_NGX_Shenzhen-3.jpg

PMDG_737-800WL_NGX_Shenzhen-4.jpg

HongKong-800.jpg

Both birds just finished uploading to the AVSIM library. I'll just post a show from each upload. They should be available soon for download.

PMDG_737-800_NGX_Shenzhen-3.jpg

PMDG_737-800WL_NGX_Shenzhen-3A.jpg