Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Guys,GUYS!

Southwest has FINALLY done a Colorado One!!! I Would love for one of you painters to do this!!!

Sorry, no "decent" images as yet, but here are a few to keep you going with a Video!

http://www.blogsouth...ng-colorado-one

And by the pricking of my thumbs, something REALLY wicked this way comes. Looks like the red circle could be tricky at the top, but I'd love to give it a go if nobody else wants it. Lone Star One hasn't been forgotten either.

Greetings, captains. The sleeper has awakened. I'm not home at the moment, but I'll be sure to get my messages answered very soon.

Chris Hicks

And by the pricking of my thumbs, something REALLY wicked this way comes. Looks like the red circle could be tricky at the top, but I'd love to give it a go if nobody else wants it. Lone Star One hasn't been forgotten either.

Greetings, captains. The sleeper has awakened. I'm not home at the moment, but I'll be sure to get my messages answered very soon.

Talk of the devil in a thread or two and he is back.....

Welcome back fella.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Welcome back Chris!

Glad to see you're still with us!

Best regards,

Steve

Wonderful to see you around again Chris! I hope everything is well with you! :smile:

Now how is that Delta -900 repaint coming along? Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif :LMAO:

In fact, Steve was kind enough to do it while you have been away.

Hi Chris,

Welcome back !

Nice work and great shots Ricardo !

While everyone is salivating over Southwest Airlines newest baby, Colorado One, let me remind you guys that Maryland One, Lone Star One, Florida One, and California One, haven't made it to the AVSIMS library of fame yet. What makes matters worse, 3 out of the aforementioned 4 liveries looks better than this:

558621_10151033240342895_483331036_n.jpg

Rodney E. Jacobs

Hi guys,

I have been flying a fictional Delta for some time. Maybe there ore others who like this livery. Is it decent enough for the AVSIM library?

Ricardo: Nice job sir! Upload it!

@Chris: Welcome back!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

While everyone is salivating over Southwest Airlines newest baby, Colorado One, let me remind you guys that Maryland One, Lone Star One, Florida One, and California One, haven't made it to the AVSIMS library of fame yet. What makes matters worse, 3 out of the aforementioned 4 liveries looks better than this:

558621_10151033240342895_483331036_n.jpg

That could be because of the level of work required to make those liveries. If you're not a livery painter and have never tried to paint anything other than a solid color over the top fuselage section of the NGX, then you'll never have an understanding of the frustration and patience required to paint any of the complicated liveries...let alone a Southwest bird.

That could be why no one is jumping up and volunteering or at least some have tried and gave up. I'm sure the Maryland One that was posted earlier in the thread was close, but probably had some of those warping hurdles that the painter could not overcome. The 3D model has other quirks that occur even on the sides and not just the top and bottom.

I see you're the CEO of a Southwest VA, so I can understand your desire to complete the fleet. But being reminded does not make me want to paint it. Most everyone that paints and donates their skills to the library does it freely and willingly based on their timing and skiils. Nothing personal...just my thoughts on the subject.

That could be because of the level of work required to make those liveries. If you're not a livery painter and have never tried to paint anything other than a solid color over the top fuselage section of the NGX, then you'll never have an understanding of the frustration and patience required to paint any of the complicated liveries...let alone a Southwest bird.

That could be why no one is jumping up and volunteering or at least some have tried and gave up. I'm sure the Maryland One that was posted earlier in the thread was close, but probably had some of those warping hurdles that the painter could not overcome. The 3D model has other quirks that occur even on the sides and not just the top and bottom.

I see you're the CEO of a Southwest VA, so I can understand your desire to complete the fleet. But being reminded does not make me want to paint it. Most everyone that paints and donates their skills to the library does it freely and willingly based on their timing and skiils. Nothing personal...just my thoughts on the subject.

I have pretty much have given up on anyone here painting the these unique birds. Since I have been following this threads, I have seen countless versions of highly detailed 737-series liveries, One in particular is the Globally Yours 737... I was astonished at the level of detail that guy put in for an livery to come out so soon. And yes, I tried to repaint the Southwest Maryland One, but I do not have no more skills in Photoshop other than to create banners.

But seeing guys just produce liveries after liveries here, I assumed that either of the aforementioned liveries would be just another challenge and accolade to the painters. But I guess I assumed wrong. It is more of a preference of airline of choice rather than honing your skills to be a good painter.

Right now, McPhat Studios is back in talks with PMDG.... and the same challenge issued to them was also mentioned here: $200.00 for the entire Southwest Fleet. If you are not up to the task, that is all your decision. But for being one of the most prolific airlines in the skies as of this date.... it should not have been overlooked by any painter, a novice or a pro.

This is not about my VA... It is about being satisfied with having the complete set. Before I started this VA, I flew for Alaska Virtual Airlines.... and I still have all the 737 repaints for that livery too, including the Disney and Air Cargo Variants.

And, no I didn't take your opinion personal.... It takes a high level of skill to produce the liveries you produce. B)

And I also understand that there are some liveries that are just too high for some to recreate.

Rodney E. Jacobs

I have pretty much have given up on anyone here painting the these unique birds. Since I have been following this threads, I have seen countless versions of highly detailed 737-series liveries, One in particular is the Globally Yours 737... I was astonished at the level of detail that guy put in for an livery to come out so soon. And yes, I tried to repaint the Southwest Maryland One, but I do not have no more skills in Photoshop other than to create banners.

But seeing guys just produce liveries after liveries here, I assumed that either of the aforementioned liveries would be just another challenge and accolade to the painters. But I guess I assumed wrong. It is more of a preference of airline of choice rather than honing your skills to be a good painter.

Right now, McPhat Studios is back in talks with PMDG.... and the same challenge issued to them was also mentioned here: $200.00 for the entire Southwest Fleet. If you are not up to the task, that is all your decision. But for being one of the most prolific airlines in the skies as of this date.... it should not have been overlooked by any painter, a novice or a pro.

This is not about my VA... It is about being satisfied with having the complete set. Before I started this VA, I flew for Alaska Virtual Airlines.... and I still have all the 737 repaints for that livery too, including the Disney and Air Cargo Variants.

And, no I didn't take your opinion personal.... It takes a high level of skill to produce the liveries you produce. B)

And I also understand that there are some liveries that are just too high for some to recreate.

Rodney,

Thanks for the response. I agree with just about everything you stated above. Yes some of the folks here have rolled out some very difficult liveries. I can't speak for the others, but only myself. I'm not really partial to any particular airline. In fact...of all the default liveries, the Southwest Canyon Blue is the one I probably fly the most.

Marcelo has done some fantastic work on a few recent liveries, but I'm willing to bet he spent over a weeks worth of hours doing each one, especially that "Globally Yours" livery.

Chris Hicks has produced some stunning Southwest paints. I believe he stated he might do one of the 4 you're waiting for. There are other great painters here in the forum as well.

I don't paint for accolades or anything in return. I just want to contribute to the community and am very humbled by the thanks I get and kind words for the ones I've uploaded. To me painting the liveries is a relaxation process, so I usually tend to volunteer to paint ones that I know I can do in a resonable amount of time. It's not that I could not do it, it's just a matter of not wanting to volunteer to do one and then feel like I have a clock ticking to get it hammered out.

My personal criteria to paint a livery is that the livery has to be one that I like as it's my time that I'm going to spend towards painting it. Not sure if that's a criteria for others. It's just mine as I get a lot of requests to paint liveries that don't show up here. I just don't like those you're wanting painted. I do hope someone volunteers to do them as I agree that if I had a Southwest fleet of liveries that I wanted to fly with and maintain, I would also want all of them. Good luck with you requests and have a great evening!

Respectfully,

Steve

This saterday the Delta Skyteam 700 will be uploaded to the AVSIM library. Just have to make some final adjustments.

Ricardo De Luca