Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Anyone willing to do a Biman Bangladesh 737-800? More shots available at airliners.net, of course.

Fun story on this: Boeing actually recommended the change to this livery from the old one (picture here: http://en.wikipedia....R_2005-9-24.png) because it thought it was outdated and had too much "danger" red in it; the new 777s and 737s Biman had ordered were duly painted in it, but then there was a public outcry convinced the new scheme wasn't Bangladeshi enough. As a result, the new government that had just been elected decided to revert to the old livery. Now, Biman planes are currently wearing 3 different liveries--with the newest 777s painted with the old livery while the first 777s delivered keep the revamped one.

800px-Biman_Boeing_737-800_S2-AFL_SIN_2011-3-25.png

Best,

James

Hi James,

Here:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?106-Search-Results&cm=LISTFILES

Looking very nice Christian !!

Finally, I'll fly with the "Starliner 75".

I'm happy !

The FedEx -600 is on its way to the AVSIM library. So I've now made this livery for the entire model line.

Steve

pmdg_737ngx_600_FedEx-1.jpg

pmdg_737ngx_600_FedEx-3.jpg

pmdg_737ngx_600_FedEx-4.jpg

Whoops! Looks like it was added after I checked but before I actually got around to making my request...Thanks so much for the heads up.

Best,

James

Hi James,

Here:

http://www.flightsim...ts&cm=LISTFILES

Looking very nice Christian !!

Finally, I'll fly with the "Starliner 75".

I'm happy !

Well, since Biman has been covered, how about a 737-800 from MIAT (Mongolian Airlines)? This one I actually checked--I couldn't find it either here or on flightsim. :lol:

It's a cool livery, and the plane in the picture is named after a son of Genghis Khan! Airliners has plenty of good pictures to use as reference.

Any takers?

James

Steve, thanks so much. The -600 looks stunning on the FedEx livery!

Great work as usual!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks Steve - exemplary work as ever! :-)

Can't wait to get it in the air.

Best,

Rich

Thank you very much, Steve! Beautiful, beautiful Fedex -600. "Just in time" for the weekend. :)

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Guest BeaverDriver

Man, oh man, there is some SERIOUS talent here - starting with Steve! These are breathtaking jobs. Thanks to all who are doing these and especially those willing to share their techniques and methods!

Glenn

Not sure who it was but someone has recently done a group set of Ryanair repaints and they are in the AVSIM download section..

Just wanted to say thumbs up fella there are cracking m8

and thank you

Stevo

Thanks for the comments! I made quite bit of progress with the livery today. Got a few lines looking better now, as far as it is possible and did some refinement on the 'ALASKA AIRLINES' titles and logo.

Thats interesting, you seem to have had absolutely no quarrel with the star on the nose, which (apparently) drove all the other painters who attempted this away

Looks great anyway!

Thanks Jackson. I have resp. had my quarrels with other sections of the paintkit and model instead :smile:.

Not sure who it was but someone has recently done a group set of Ryanair repaints and they are in the AVSIM download section..

Just wanted to say thumbs up fella there are cracking m8

and thank you

Stevo

Steve; that would probably have been me who has released the package of Ryanair liveries for the NGX. I am glad you like them :smile:.

The FedEx -600 is on its way to the AVSIM library. So I've now made this livery for the entire model line.

Steve

Steve: Fantastic work on those FedEx repaints. I am not sure if its just my eyes, but on the -600 the FedEx titles along the fuselage look a bit squeezed. I take it it has to do with the shortage of the -600 and the 'Express' title on the left side? :smile:.

Steve: Fantastic work on those FedEx repaints. I am not sure if its just my eyes, but on the -600 the FedEx titles along the fuselage look a bit squeezed. I take it it has to do with the shortage of the -600 and the 'Express' title on the left side? :smile:.

Yes...they are reduced in size, but symetrically from the size used on the -700. Since it's purely fictional and I have no real basis to go on, it was my best shot. That one middle screenshot makes it look a little squeezed, but overall it turned out well. I'm not planning on making too many -600 cargo liveries unless the real one exists. That way I'll have a more valid reference. Everyone wanted the full model line, so they have it now...lol. BTW, I did include custom bump/spec files with the livery, so the livery does not use the default -600 ones.

That was my 11th bird for August. I'll probably take the long weekend off before the next release. I saw where Flightbeam released their KPHX Phoenix scenery....drool...drool. I might have to get that and fly more!

Guest BeaverDriver

Steve (Stubbs), FYI, only the -700 has actually been converted to a cargo machine of the NG series from all the info I could gather. Even at that, it's only the US Navy who has actually done it. I don't believe any civilian -700 has been done, although I could be wrong. On Boeing's site they only show the 700 has having been done. One problem with the 600 is that a standardized cargo door (that takes standard pallets) takes the equivalent of 7 windows (door frame is ahead of the 1st window and aft of the 7th window), and the 600 doesn't allow that much room and not seriously risk "bumping" the engine in the process. The 700 does allow for that. Of course so would the 800 and 900, but again I've not found any source that said any conversion kit has been made for those. Interestingly, the -200 does have enough room in front of the engines to load standard pallets and it, of course has been done in the Combi, Passenger and Cargo versions (including a gravel kit to allow it to operate from gravel or ice runways). First Air, Canadian North and Alaska Airlines all operated (and First Air still does ice landings with theirs) those machines. Alaska has sold all theirs off now (likely at least some to Northern Air Cargo). Now, conceivably I suppose they could put a cargo door in the rear of the 600, much like they did with the BAe 146's, but you'd sure have to be careful of the wing tip. However, once clear of that you'd have a reasonable approach to the rear. The 600 almost looks smaller than the -200, but I've not confirmed that in terms of passenger load. I seriously doubt it is.

Anyway, a bit of trivia. So, assuming my research is solid, you won't find anyone with a 600 cargo, and unlikely for the foreseeable future to find an 800 or 900. So these (and my own) liveries done up in the cargo version are in fact, "not factual" :P , so what. They are superb paint jobs and after all, there's very little about FSX that is NOT virtual, so what the hey ^_^ . Now, if anyone DOES know of examples of cargo versions of any/all of these models, PLEASE let me know!! This would help me a bunch with my own outfit! Many thanks :smile:.

HI all. I have Virtual Airline Livery Request for anyone who would kindly spare some time to create one.

Its for the 737-800WL variant

Here are some basic images on the default a/c.

I can fwd more font details and colours when needed.

Thank you in advance

Paul

Steve (Stubbs), FYI, only the -700 has actually been converted to a cargo machine of the NG series from all the info I could gather. Even at that, it's only the US Navy who has actually done it. I don't believe any civilian -700 has been done, although I could be wrong. On Boeing's site they only show the 700 has having been done. One problem with the 600 is that a standardized cargo door (that takes standard pallets) takes the equivalent of 7 windows (door frame is ahead of the 1st window and aft of the 7th window), and the 600 doesn't allow that much room and not seriously risk "bumping" the engine in the process. The 700 does allow for that. Of course so would the 800 and 900, but again I've not found any source that said any conversion kit has been made for those. Interestingly, the -200 does have enough room in front of the engines to load standard pallets and it, of course has been done in the Combi, Passenger and Cargo versions (including a gravel kit to allow it to operate from gravel or ice runways). First Air, Canadian North and Alaska Airlines all operated (and First Air still does ice landings with theirs) those machines. Alaska has sold all theirs off now (likely at least some to Northern Air Cargo). Now, conceivably I suppose they could put a cargo door in the rear of the 600, much like they did with the BAe 146's, but you'd sure have to be careful of the wing tip. However, once clear of that you'd have a reasonable approach to the rear. The 600 almost looks smaller than the -200, but I've not confirmed that in terms of passenger load. I seriously doubt it is.

Anyway, a bit of trivia. So, assuming my research is solid, you won't find anyone with a 600 cargo, and unlikely for the foreseeable future to find an 800 or 900. So these (and my own) liveries done up in the cargo version are in fact, "not factual" :P , so what. They are superb paint jobs and after all, there's very little about FSX that is NOT virtual, so what the hey ^_^ . Now, if anyone DOES know of examples of cargo versions of any/all of these models, PLEASE let me know!! This would help me a bunch with my own outfit! Many thanks :smile:.

I had to read that twice.