Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Hi Pete,

Those other three (gray, red and blue) versions have basically a very light gray top...not white.

Steve

Looking at the top real close you can tell it's Light Gray, and when it's Parked next to the White your used to seeing you can tell but parked next

to darker colors it looks Pearl White ! Guess I'm going to have to get a whole bunch of Wax for Mine (N737MB) I Love the Shine !!!!!!!

I am not a frequent contributor to the repaint database, but I do have some public (and many non-public) repaints under my belt - and I do have to say, Chris explained the thing very well.

And I have to agree with Steve as well, it can get ridiculously difficult to get/make some artwork.

The issue is relatively easy if you happen to want to do a big, well-known airline. Chances are, someone recreated their logo into vector format and let people get it for free. That is the best case. Sometimes you can even get the official logo from company page or extract it from offical documents. There are also plenty of photos of their airplanes from every possible angle.

When you go into more obscure companies, or historic, things get a lot more difficult. The pictures are low quality and far in between, you can barely find some colored picture do see if the logo was orange or green, and you can all but wonder what kind of font that was that they slapped on their fuselage. Or you can find 15 fonts which all fit, but the one damn letter is always different.

So, you have to do the graphics yourself. That is EXTREMELY time consuming. Here is a simple logo that I made for a repaint yesterday.

Granted, I am a newbie with the Illustrator, but it still took me couple hours to get it right. Insert Tabarak Aviation, Smartwings, Sunwing, and I am spending quite a bit more time in Illustrator than I would like. Starting on a would-be-fun paint like this one is then delayed and delayed, simply because I don't want to spend more time drawing the logos than flying the plane itself.

2-22-1_Scania_Irizar_PB.jpg

And this is still an easy one. I can not imagine myself doind the feasts some other guys do - like this Chinese dragon a page or two back, let alone the palm leaf things on All Blacks planes.

Anyway, I lost track of what I really wanted to say. Probably - getting all the resources is hard, especially on funky and/or exotic repaints - so give the guys a break, if they do not do your favorite livery, I guess.

Hello all :)

Been a while since my last repaint.

I've just made this, Titan Airways. Hope you like it.

titan1.jpg

titan2.jpg

Should be on its way to the library :)

And to Chris' post above, i can only agree. Still not that good at the transition from top to side, and side to bottom. I can only imagine how hard, the Lone star one is to make - phew.

Hello all :)

Been a while since my last repaint.

I've just made this, Titan Airways. Hope you like it.

titan1.jpg

titan2.jpg

Should be on its way to the library :)

And to Chris' post above, i can only agree. Still not that good at the transition from top to side, and side to bottom. I can only imagine how hard, the Lone star one is to make - phew.

Looks great Jonas! :P BTW...It's live for downloading.

For those uploading NGX liveries, please remember to follow the format below for your titles whenever possible:

Airline + Aircraft Manufacturer+ Model + (Registration)

As a reminder, do not use PMDG or NGX in the titles. Those terms can be mentioned in the description.

Thanks!

Can't wait for the Lone Star Chris. Been flying Illinois and Nevada One and starting to get bored of the paints.

Marcelo Veneziale, te envie un PM espero te sea de utilidad!

Marcelo, sent you a PM, Hope it worth!

Here is the thumbnail image of another P-8A I have been working on. Since VP-30 is a FRS they currently are the only squadron that is receiving the Poseidon's.

The VP-40 represented here is fictitious. When the "Fighting Marlins" receive their P-8As it may or may not look like what I have represented.

I am not pleased with the Marlin depicted on the vertical stabilizer. The only image I could find was on the small side and when I scaled it up it became very jagged.

If anyone can point me to a large version of the tail art I would be appreciative.

Thumbnail_VP-40.jpg

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

hello,

just bought 737 ngx 600-700-800-900

there is no air canada.....no air france.

missing many canadian airlines.

im a bit upset about that,

thank you,

hello,

thank you,

First Air Canada does not operate the 737 NG, second go to the avsim library, there are many user repaints their, even some fiction Air Canada ones.

Here is the thumbnail image of another P-8A I have been working on. Since VP-30 is a FRS they currently are the only squadron that is receiving the Poseidon's.

The VP-40 represented here is fictitious. When the "Fighting Marlins" receive their P-8As it may or may not look like what I have represented.

I am not pleased with the Marlin depicted on the vertical stabilizer. The only image I could find was on the small side and when I scaled it up it became very jagged.

If anyone can point me to a large version of the tail art I would be appreciative.

Thumbnail_VP-40.jpg

Russ

Russ,

I looked at that marlin logo and can probably redraw it for you at the right scale where it will look sharp. You are right...there aren't very many images of it on the web to use. Let me see what I can do this weekend.

Steve

P.S. - I also inquired with the squadron to see if they have a larger image. If I get something back...I'll send it to you.

hello,

thank you,

Your NGX came with a paintkit, no extra charge ... get busy.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Available in few hours in www.avsim.net

skyteam.jpg

Best regards,

Marcelo

Excelente Marcelo!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)