Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Very nice Steve!

I've also been working on another One World member. The Finnair retro is on hold because I can't find the right rear fuse logo and the font used on the fuselage. So I'm working on another to fly from Helsinki.

WIP:

That' s looking very nice Ricardo! :P

Good afternoon everybody!

I just finished uploading a set of bump map replacements for the 600, 700 & 800. An optional file for air stairs is in there too. I didn't do specular files this time around. I had a hard time making a "one size fits all" file. I'll leave the older ones up if you want them. Here are the preview shots (click to enlarge):

01-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

Chris Hicks

Good afternoon everybody!

I just finished uploading a set of bump map replacements for the 600, 700 & 800. An optional file for air stairs is in there too. I didn't do specular files this time around. I had a hard time making a "one size fits all" file. I'll leave the older ones up if you want them. Here are the preview shots (click to enlarge):

01-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

Chris,

Your bump maps file is "live".

Steve

Here are some final shots of the fictional American -700. If the feedback on this is positive, I'll clean up the red and try to get it uploaded later today or tomorrow.

American_700_NC_Final_1.jpg

Absolutely stunning!

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Can you please explain to me what I am to do with bump maps? Are they overwrite files? I have no idea what this is but it looks great. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please explain to me what I am to do with bump maps? Are they overwrite files? I have no idea what this is but it looks great. Thank you.

William,

The bump map files affect the definition or "depth" of the details on the skin (i.e. window outlines, panel lines, etc.). Modifyng those can make those detail lines have more of a 3D type edge or less. If you want to try the new ones Chris made, go to the respective model folder (for the -600, those folders are texture.600 and texture.600s) and back up the bump files to a folder location in case you don't like the new ones. That way you can copy them back to the original bump files without having to reload the NGX all over again.

Just take the new bump files for the -600 and paster them into those -600 folders mentioned overwriting the original files. That's it!

For the other 3 models, just look for the respective folders that have the original bump files. Back up the original bump files and paste the new ones in.

My recent -600 BBJs and the AeroGal -600 had new bump/spec files included in the livery. But that requires some other adjustments I don't want to go into for cunfusion reasons.

Thank you much for that explanation. I will give this a go then as it looks good. I really can tell the difference in these shots.

Awesome work on it an again that you guys for putting in this kind of work on these files as repaints to make this hobby what it is.

I decided not to redo the red area on the fictional American Airlines -700 below. It's in the AVSIM library and available for download.

American-700NC_Final-4.jpg