Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Chris

Thanks for the info. I will try it tonight when I get home from work.

Bill

Chris thanks again, it works like a charm! Much appreciated

Maik

On the VC #, I cant seemed to do it. Will the steps above work with Adobe Photoshop Elements 9?

I just got home. I'll post some screens with my steps for the wing decals and the cockpit registration number. Will get it posted here within the hour. Chris's instructions are great! We all do things in our own way. Mine might offer a different angle or approach.

I just got home. I'll post some screens with my steps for the wing decals and the cockpit registration number. Will get it posted here within the hour. Chris's instructions are great! We all do things in our own way. Mine might offer a different angle or approach.

Ok, thanks

Ok...here are my steps for the cockpit registration. The wing decals are done in pretty much a similar manner in regards to the text layers. The template background for the wing decals doesn't accurately tell you which is the upper wing and which is the lower wing. You don't have to worry about beveled text on the wing text. The key is to have a clear background with your wing registration (usually black) visible and the black background with the white lettering in the same position in the alpha layer.

Step 1: Highlight the existing text layer. If you don't have the font style originally used, it will substitute a similar font.

Step-1.jpg

Step 2: Edit the text to read the new registration number. If you need to align or center it up...no problem there. You will not change the layer properties on this layer.

Step-2.jpg

Step 3: Duplicate the Text layer you just edited. It will appear above your original layer. Remove the bevel/emoss layer and you should just have a standard white text layer.

Step-3.jpg

Step 4: Insert a new layer between the original text layer and the new text layer. Paint it black.

Step-4.jpg

Step 5: Merge the new text layer and the black background layer into a single layer.

Step-5.jpg

Step 6: Copy the new combined layer (black background and white text). Go to the "Channel Layer" and paste that layer into the aplha layer.

Step-6.jpg

Step 7: After pasting the layer into the aplha layer, reselect the RGB/Color layers as shown on the right on the screen below.

Step-7.jpg

Step 8: Now just go back to the original "Layers" tab, "De-select" the top layer (black/white text) you built for the aplha layer update. That will leave you with the original gray background with the beveled white registration number. Now either flatten or "merge visible" the layers and save to the texture folder as a DDS file like you normally would. The file will need to be inverted on the save just like PSD to DDS skin textures.

Step-8.jpg

You're done.

Soon ...

Turbines and slats in silver

bbj.jpg

Looks like a great start Marcelo! :P

The Cathay Pacific is coming along. The color shades in the shot below are nowhere near final. You can see the warpage on the upper rear fuselage that is where I'm going to spend the most time for this livery. I'm still shooting for the end of the week for an upload timeframe.

Cathay-800_Inprogress-2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ok...here are my steps for the cockpit registration. The wing decals are done in pretty much a similar manner in regards to the text layers. The template background for the wing decals doesn't accurately tell you which is the upper wing and which is the lower wing. You don't have to worry about beveled text on the wing text. The key is to have a clear background with your wing registration (usually black) visible and the black background with the white lettering in the same position in the alpha layer.

Step 1: Highlight the existing text layer. If you don't have the font style originally used, it will substitute a similar font.

Step 2: Edit the text to read the new registration number. If you need to align or center it up...no problem there. You will not change the layer properties on this layer.

Step 3: Duplicate the Text layer you just edited. It will appear above your original layer. Remove the bevel/emoss layer and you should just have a standard white text layer.

Step 4: Insert a new layer between the original text layer and the new text layer. Paint it black.

Step 5: Merge the new text layer and the black background layer into a single layer.

Step 6: Copy the new combined layer (black background and white text). Go to the "Channel Layer" and paste that layer into the aplha layer.

Step 7: After pasting the layer into the aplha layer, reselect the RGB/Color layers as shown on the right on the screen below.

Step 8: Now just go back to the original "Layers" tab, "De-select" the top layer (black/white text) you built for the aplha layer update. That will leave you with the original gray background with the beveled white registration number. Now either flatten or "merge visible" the layers and save to the texture folder as a DDS file like you normally would. The file will need to be inverted on the save just like PSD to DDS skin textures.

You're done.

Looks like a great start Marcelo! :P

Thanks! Will try it.

The Cathay Pacific is coming along. The color shades in the shot below are nowhere near final. You can see the warpage on the upper rear fuselage that is where I'm going to spend the most time for this livery. I'm still shooting for the end of the week for an upload timeframe.

Cathay-800_Inprogress-2.jpg

will the D-KPG be changed? ;)

Hans,

I'm at work, so I can't verify it, but I'm pretty sure the Livery Manager might be sorting the names in the list based on the titles in each entry in the aircraft.cfg file for each model type. I would have to test that once I got home to be sure.

Any luck with this one Steve? I'm not really wanting to try all kinds of things in the core files of the liveries when I'm not sure what I am doing.

I'd understand if you're giving priority to the Cathay livery (I would do that too), but I just wondered what the best thing is to get the liveries in my own alphabetical order.