Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I've offered to look at painting that livery as well. Someone else is more than welcome to do that one if they have the time. The key for me will be the rear tail area and whether I can reproduce the real pattern from scratch. I didn't think about painting it for some time because I thought it was already done. I've had it on my personal "to do" list.

The Malaysia Hibiscus livery looks very nice and I want to play with the pattern and see if I can do that one as the pattern realy strikes my fancy. But as I stated...we will have to see. There only seems to be a handful of us painting NGX liveries for this thread.

I'm not stating that as a complaint. As was stated in earlier posts, there are somewhere near 900 liveries done for the NGX. I'm hoping a few more folks try their hand at painting. I guess we will have to wait and see. Once the 777 rolls out, I will probably purchase that aircraft and work on 777 liveries for a while.

It's hard to realize ?

Let me try it. Give me a few weeks.

I was planning on using the weekend on painting, but other things showed up. On Saturday I will be changing the radiator on my moms car then Sunday I have lots of homework to do. I will try to do an update to California One this weekend and start on that BBJ I said I would do.

Ok, thanks Ian !

Steve,

You could do it for 777 ?

??? you changed your mind ?

No sorry, I'm losing my mind I tell you. Let em wait and see if I can even do with the 737. I did a good amount go work in 15 mins. I have painted the flowers on the back fuselage and I am fixing them up. Im going to bed now. Will continue tomorrow.

I don't normally volunteer to do the fancy ones, but I like that! No promises, but if I can find enough reference shots, I'll probably work on that in a -800 as the -800 would have the length of fuselage needed for all those ribbons. I might change to a -900, but I'm thinking a -800 at the moment. This would be a few weeks project.

Sounds great. -800 is my current favorite plane, so that would be good. -900 is fine too off course. Whatever suits best. :)

Got some questions about your UPS livery, hope you don't mind me asking them:

UPS.jpg

As you can see near the tail in the brown section (they aren't called browntails for nothing) there's a white line, which I don't see on any other livery. As if the plane is cut in two at that point. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed?

Also the UPS logo in the tail is on different heights left and right. Would it be a lot of work to level those out?

And 3: The brown runs much further to the front at the top of the plane, meaning it almost reaches the cockpit (that's how curved it is). It's quite a minor problem, but I guess it's too much work to fix that? Also the place where the colors meet at the top, isn't a sharp corner, but a quite smooth rounded one.

I do realise however that this already is a fictional repaint, so if you aren't putting any more time in it, I do understand.

As an addition to my previous post, there's another line a bit more to the front of the plane, running through the last 'e' in "Worldwide Services".

It's hard to realize ?

Ok, thanks Ian !

Steve,

You could do it for 777 ?

I'm planning on getting the new 777X when PMDG releases it. I'm sure at that point I'll probably move to painting liveries for that bird versus the NGX. I've got to finish this Cathay Pacific this weekend so I can move on to the next one in line. :P

Ian,

If you want to do the Hawaiian livery...that would be great!

Sounds great. -800 is my current favorite plane, so that would be good. -900 is fine too off course. Whatever suits best. :)

UPS.jpg

As you can see near the tail in the brown section (they aren't called browntails for nothing) there's a white line, which I don't see on any other livery. As if the plane is cut in two at that point. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed?

Also the UPS logo in the tail is on different heights left and right. Would it be a lot of work to level those out?

And 3: The brown runs much further to the front at the top of the plane, meaning it almost reaches the cockpit (that's how curved it is). It's quite a minor problem, but I guess it's too much work to fix that? Also the place where the colors meet at the top, isn't a sharp corner, but a quite smooth rounded one.

I do realise however that this already is a fictional repaint, so if you aren't putting any more time in it, I do understand.

Hans,

Yes it's purely fictional. That white line break in the 2 fuselage sections is related to the paintkit and the 3D model. The -800 has this issue. It's something other painters and I have encountered from time-to-time. I firmly belive it related to where the 2 sections meet and can show up depending on the color and which spec/bump files you use. It's called "Fall off" for a spec layer. That's where the color actually changes to transparent.

Here's how it looks in the paintkit. I removed the guideline so the picture would show the top area completely colored brown. Again, this is an issue with the -800. Issues like this tend to steer me away from accepting any requests to paint the -800/-900 series.

whitelineissue.jpg

In regards to the top fuselage colors...I'm not going to repaint this plane. It's the same issue as the Shenzhen livery or any other livery where you have to paint across the top of the fuselage. To make it look perfect would take weeks...maybe months of tedious work. I usually don't upload a livery unless I feel it will be acceptable to the masses. As far as the tail logo...that's my interpretation of the tail for a 737-800.

I'm sorry the livery has not worked out for you. Have a great weekend!

UPS.jpg

Well, I had that issue too but since I raised my graphic details and graphic settings of my ATI videocard, these lines are gone. I guess at a certain level of Anti Alising they just disappear.

Hello :)

I've made this livery, from the 737-100 in boeing House colors.

prototype1.jpg

prototype2.jpg

But im not sure what to call it. Any ideas? :)

Fantastic paint job!!! Any plans to upload it?

-Bob

I'm sorry the livery has not worked out for you. Have a great weekend!

I did not say it doesn't work for me. The lines are the most annoying bit, but apparently this is a FSX problem, so I appreciate the UPS livery you did :D

I did not say it doesn't work for me. The lines are the most annoying bit, but apparently this is a FSX problem, so I appreciate the UPS livery you did :D

I understand... :P I have literally spent hours trying a dozen or more different techniques to address those line areas on some -800 liveries that appear to cause breaks in colors to no avail. I just don't have a logical explanation. It doesn't happen on every -800 livery, so I'm thinking is a color/shade issue somehow.

No sorry, I'm losing my mind I tell you. Let em wait and see if I can even do with the 737. I did a good amount go work in 15 mins. I have painted the flowers on the back fuselage and I am fixing them up. Im going to bed now. Will continue tomorrow.

ok

I'm planning on getting the new 777X when PMDG releases it. I'm sure at that point I'll probably move to painting liveries for that bird versus the NGX. I've got to finish this Cathay Pacific this weekend so I can move on to the next one in line. :P

Excellent Steve !

I am doing it.

Thx !

Hi Bob :)

Glad you like it.

I'm still working on it.

Trying to make a chrome look on the lower part of the plane.

prototype3.jpg

prototype4.jpg

Not sure if i like it just jet.

• Upvote 2