Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Ian-something (full names required here): Tell that to the bankruptcy judge ;-)

Even though it's more a merger than an actual takeover... The cash-flow from US to AA will be quite a lot bigger than the cash-flow going the other way.

And on a repaint related subject... Any news about that marvellous NZ All Blacks scheme?

I'm still working on the "All Black" -800. I had to throw out the gray leaf area and start over on it. It's time consuming painting those individual leaves by hand...lol. I had to step away from it for a little bit. I'm working on a -800 in the new American Airlines livery. I should have the new AA bird (N880NN, Fleet # 3HN) upload sometime tomorrow. Then I'll go back to the "All Black" livery. It's still being worked...just taking a little longer than expected. Thanks for asking.

I want all these Southwest Airlines liveries for the -700 variant

Herb Kelleher

Nolan Ryan Express

Rollin King

Winning Spirit

D.Ogden

Fred Jones

Maryland One

Go Green

Slam Dunk One

Tinkerbell One

Sports Illustrated

500th

Herb Kelleher

Nolan Ryan Express

Rollin King

Winning Spirit

D.Ogden

Fred Jones

Maryland One

Go Green

Slam Dunk One

Tinkerbell One

Sports Illustrated

500th

A lot of them are in the file library.....

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

A lot of them are in the file library.....

Actually, no they're not.

Good List Darian. Let's see ... this sounds like a job for Chris Hicks, the Southwest Livery Guru.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I'm getting there. I thought I would post a tease shot of the tail. I still have to adjust the shading on the stripes, but it's looking good so far. Still hoping to get the livery uploaded sometime on Sunday.

NewAALivery-1_zpse72d3ecc.jpg

• Upvote 5

Finished! My tail isn't as good as SRAces... but 100% complete as of this mornin'!

Released exclusively for AAVirtual.Net pilots. If you aren't already a member over there, definitely come join us at one of the best VAs around! www.AAVirtual.net (And don't forget to download the 738NGX New American Airlines Livery exclusively at AAVirtual.Net

One more...

I'm trying to understand why you would post shots of a livery here (on AVSIM) that everyone is waiting for and then state the only way someone could obtain that livery is to go elsewhere and join another organization. I'll assume it's strictly for recruitment purposes.

• Upvote 2

Finished! My tail isn't as good as SRAces... but 100% complete as of this mornin'!

Released exclusively for AAVirtual.Net pilots. If you aren't already a member over there, definitely come join us at one of the best VAs around! www.AAVirtual.net (And don't forget to download the 738NGX New American Airlines Livery exclusively at AAVirtual.Net

Why did you not do any night textures? Just like Steve said, why did you post it here even though you are not going to give the general public this?

I'm trying to understand why you would post shots of a livery here (on AVSIM) that everyone is waiting for and then state the only way someone could obtain that livery is to go elsewhere and join another organization. I'll assume it's strictly for recruitment purposes.

I completely agree with you. When you post shots here it should mean you are planning on uploading to something like AVSIM.

One more...

That's odd Tory. So you're saying the only way I can use your livery is if I fly for AAVirtual? :Thinking:

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Darrian, I'm working on a package of logo jets that will include the 500th. I don't have a shot of it handy, but here are two others:

2012-12-31_23-21-32-103.jpg

2013-1-2_11-23-51-708.jpg

Maryland One may or may not happen. Best case scenario, it will be several months away. I only work on it until it frustrates me, which is about 5 minutes at a time.

I'll look in to some of the others in your list and see if they are something I can achieve.

• Upvote 2

Chris Hicks

V1 for private use of AAV. V2 will be published to Avsim. (I haven't ever uploaded to Avsim so I am clueless as to how that works).

Blue skies.

Also... Is there a special account needed to upload liveries to Avsim? A special membership or anything like that? I have an account that allows me to download... Is that all that I need?

V1 for private use of AAV. V2 will be published to Avsim. (I haven't ever uploaded to Avsim so I am clueless as to how that works).

Blue skies.

Also... Is there a special account needed to upload liveries to Avsim? A special membership or anything like that? I have an account that allows me to download... Is that all that I need?

If you can download, then you can upload. If you've never uploaded before, please read the upload requirements. Key things to remember:

1. Do not use "PMDG" or "NGX" in the title. Those terms can be used in the description. The search tool looks at the description as well as the title for searches.

2. Include a readme (*.txt) file that has a support e-mail or support URL address in it. If you are using the livery manager to export the file, then I would recommend you include in that "readme" that the texture can be loaded using the PMDG Livery Manager. While most of us know that..."newbies" might not.

3. The uploaded file must be in "zip" format...not "rar".

What you have so far looks really nice.

I'm almost done with "N880N". Since I have no reference shots that show the bottom rear area clearly, I'm assuming that the stripes on the side wrap around. The -800 tail skid area is challenging to say the least when you're trying to put colored lines across it. I'm still hoping to upload it in a few hours.

Stripe-Touchup-1_zpsd667e078.jpg

NewAA-800_Inprogress-1_zps2cfe1451.jpg

• Upvote 2