Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

<br />As more photos of AA's new livery hit the net, I can see there are more shades than I was able to discern from the earlier photos. It looks like there are three shades of red and three whites/grays instead of just the two shades of each I used in my livery.  I reworked the specs quite a bit too. So...   v1.5 will be uploaded tomorrow. I think I'm finished, but I'm supposed to be cooking shrimp etouffee and should have been in the kitchen 20 minutes ago!Here are the preview pics.<br />

Great work Chris !!

Did you upload v1.5 yet ??

Robert

Hey guys. I'm running behind. We had severe weather last night and I kept my pc unplugged as a precaution, so I'm aiming for late today. I started making adjustments again this morning. I can't stop tinkering with it. I think I'm starting to understand why George Lucas keeps changing Star Wars :P .

Chris Hicks

Hey guys. I'm running behind. We had severe weather last night and I kept my pc unplugged as a precaution, so I'm aiming for late today. I started making adjustments again this morning. I can't stop tinkering with it. I think I'm starting to understand why George Lucas keeps changing Star Wars :P .

Hope you and your family are okay with the storm, best wishes. Living down south?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

As more photos of AA's new livery hit the net, I can see there are more shades than I was able to discern from the earlier photos. It looks like there are three shades of red and three whites/grays instead of just the two shades of each I used in my livery. I reworked the specs quite a bit too. So... v1.5 will be uploaded tomorrow. I think I'm finished, but I'm supposed to be cooking shrimp etouffee and should have been in the kitchen 20 minutes ago!Here are the preview pics.

2013-1-28_21-56-5-977.jpg

2013-1-28_21-54-10-758.jpg

2013-1-28_21-42-27-394.jpg

2013-1-28_21-41-55-471.jpg

2013-1-28_21-36-51-167.jpg

2013-1-28_21-37-25-122.jpg

As more photos of AA's new livery hit the net, I can see there are more shades than I was able to discern from the earlier photos. It looks like there are three shades of red and three whites/grays instead of just the two shades of each I used in my livery. I reworked the specs quite a bit too. So... v1.5 will be uploaded tomorrow. I think I'm finished, but I'm supposed to be cooking shrimp etouffee and should have been in the kitchen 20 minutes ago!Here are the preview pics.

2013-1-28_21-56-5-977.jpg

2013-1-28_21-54-10-758.jpg

2013-1-28_21-42-27-394.jpg

2013-1-28_21-41-55-471.jpg

2013-1-28_21-36-51-167.jpg

2013-1-28_21-37-25-122.jpg

Chris,

I'll have to look at some of those real pictures as well. Pictures can be peculiar depending on the lighting. Do we have anyone that has seen the actual livery in person and can confirm the number of shades or red, etc.? I'll have to decide if I'm going to make a version 1.5 of mine, but would like to confirm the colors to make sure.

A little under the weather the past few days. Hoping to work on that fictional -700 before weeks end.

Steve

Hi, ok these are so preview pics of my new and upgraded California One paint. I have always wanted to go back and repaint this again because I was disappointed with my original paint. I have been working on this for about 3 months picking away at it. The bear is all hand painted.

Hope you and your family are okay with the storm, best wishes. Living down south?

Yes, I'm in the middle of Arkansas, about 20mi NE of LIT. There were a lot of warnings, but not a lot of damage this time around. The weather is always fun in the south. lol

Chris,

I'll have to look at some of those real pictures as well. Pictures can be peculiar depending on the lighting. Do we have anyone that has seen the actual livery in person and can confirm the number of shades or red, etc.? I'll have to decide if I'm going to make a version 1.5 of mine, but would like to confirm the colors to make sure.

A little under the weather the past few days. Hoping to work on that fictional -700 before weeks end.

Steve

Sorry to hear you're not well, Steve. I hope you bounce back quickly. I'll email the only person I've talked to that has actually seen the plane in person and ask if they remember about the number of colors. AA needs to be nice and give us a pattern and color standards!

Hi, ok these are so preview pics of my new and upgraded California One paint. I have always wanted to go back and repaint this again because I was disappointed with my original paint. I have been working on this for about 3 months picking away at it. The bear is all hand painted.

That's looking great, Ian! I don't envy you on that one! I got your message about the weathering. I'm trying to decide how to best go about explaining it without making it more complicated than it has to be, because it's really quite simple. I need to take some screen caps of the process.

Chris Hicks

That's looking great, Ian! I don't envy you on that one! I got your message about the weathering. I'm trying to decide how to best go about explaining it without making it more complicated than it has to be, because it's really quite simple. I need to take some screen caps of the process.

Its ok, take your time. Hope everything goes well with the storms. I'm sick also, so I'm just in bed these days.

Chris,

Steve

This should help, Steve,

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2013/01/american-airlines-shows-off-their-new-style/

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

This should help, Steve,

http://www.airlinere...heir-new-style/

John,

Thanks for that link! I firmly believe there are only 2 shades of red and one shade of gray and white respectively. The shine of the aircraft and light angle can make it appear to have more shades. Those are some great pictures. The only thing that I could have changed might have been to make my lower white a little more on the light gray versus white side. But I was basing the white on the original shots of the 777 with the gray main color and the rear being initially painted white before the flag design was added. So that's why I left my lower area white. Those dark hanger spotlight shots that were initially released did not portray the colors on the lower rear the best.

John,

Thanks for that link! I firmly believe there are only 2 shades of red and one shade of gray and white respectively. The shine of the aircraft and light angle can make it appear to have more shades. Those are some great pictures. The only thing that I could have changed might have been to make my lower white a little more on the light gray versus white side. But I was basing the white on the original shots of the 777 with the gray main color and the rear being initially painted white before the flag design was added. So that's why I left my lower area white. Those dark hanger spotlight shots that were initially released did not portray the colors on the lower rear the best.

Hmmm. To me 3 shades of red, and 2 of the grey along with the white are quite evident in this picture: http://www.airlinere...01/DSC_0090.jpg

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers