Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Hmmm. To me 3 shades of red, and 2 of the grey along with the white are quite evident in this picture: http://www.airlinere...01/DSC_0090.jpg

I have a couple of folks researching it for me that can touch the plane. Hopefully they or someone on this forum that is an American employee can confirm the number of shades. I can see where you might think there are three shades by that particular picture. I would hate to go change mine and then find out it's only 2 shades. It would be great to get a shade count on the gray as well. So I'll give it a few more days...lol.

I have just uploaded my Brand new California One Version 2 to AVSIM, it should be available soon. Here are some pics. It has been completely redone. I have added a VC# to it and Bump Maps that are made my Chris Hicks.

Hi guys,

This will be my first time posting here on the avsim forums, even though I do check the forum on a regular basis. I came across the discussion over the tail colors on the new American Airlines livery and came across this video.

I hope it helps, and thank you for the amazing liveries.

I have just uploaded my Brand new California One Version 2 to AVSIM, it should be available soon. Here are some pics. It has been completely redone. I have added a VC# to it and Bump Maps that are made my Chris Hicks.

Ian,

It's available and I moved the download count from version 1 that you asked to be deleted.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

This will be my first time posting here on the avsim forums, even though I do check the forum on a regular basis. I came across the discussion over the tail colors on the new American Airlines livery and came across this video.

I hope it helps, and thank you for the amazing liveries.

Jesse,

That video helped a lot. The gentleman in the video states they used 6 different colors along the tail and then added the 2 shades of blue. So that would imply 1 white and 2 shades of gray along with 3 shades of red. I'll probably tweak my tail colors and try to have a Version 1.5 upload ready tomorrow evening. Then I can concentrate on a fictional -700. I wanted to get the tail confirmed and adjusted on the -800 if need be before I started on the -700 as I can use the same paintwork on the rear of the -700. Again...a great find in that video! :lol:

I have a couple of folks researching it for me that can touch the plane. Hopefully they or someone on this forum that is an American employee can confirm the number of shades. I can see where you might think there are three shades by that particular picture. I would hate to go change mine and then find out it's only 2 shades. It would be great to get a shade count on the gray as well. So I'll give it a few more days...lol.

Steve,

It is in fact three shades of red and two shades of grey and white.

I saw the airplane in person at the DFW maintenance hangar.

This is the best picture from my phone.

AANew1600_zpsf30a660e.jpg

Sorry it's so late, but what started as a few changes in the tail turned in to a remixing of all the colors. American "Soaring Spirit" has been uploaded, and should be available soon if I didn't forget anything.

Thanks Chris - V1.5 looks great!

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

All,

I'm almost done re-working N880NN to version 1.5. It will probably get uploaded tomorrow evening. While the video supplied stated there were 6 colors used beside the 2 blue colors, it appears to me that there are 3 shades of gray and 3 shades of red. The lightest gray is close to a white, but still a gray looking closely at the detailed pictures that are available now.

I'm hoping to have version 1.5 of done tomorrow evening and might make the new version another registration number.