Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I'm wondering that there isn't an Etihad Airways livery.

Could Someone paint a fictional 800/900 One??

Maybe this One:

I'm wondering that there isn't an Etihad Airways livery.

Could Someone paint a fictional 800/900 One??

Maybe this One:

I would love to see this as well

Has anyone done the continental retro livery yet. if not I have it half done.

While on the subject of Etihad, an (fictional) Air Serbia livery would be awesome.

Unfortunately, they decided to go A319 in reality, but I'd still love to have my NGX painted so :-)

Hi All,

I have done a few repaints over the years and have only just recently started playing with the PMDG 737NGX paint kit (or should it be 'Pain' kit?!). This fourm is a huge inspiration to learn more Photoshop techniques.

While toying with the AeroMexico livery requested in this fourm, I have come across a problem which annoys the heck out of me! While I can create liveries where lines, text and designs with parallel lines cross from one boundary area into another - I just can't get my head around doing the same with curved designs such as in the attached pic. The 'gaps' in the paint kit just make the lining up and reproduction of such designs really painful.

Am I missing something obvious or is this problem you all have with this paint kit?

Cheers

Peter

Peter Stark

Don't throw anything at me, but does anyone have any interest in attempting this one?

Alaska Airlines Spirit of the Islands?

2275861_zps80085951.jpg

Mitchell Haughee

Don't throw anything at me, but does anyone have any interest in attempting this one?

Alaska Airlines Spirit of the Islands?

2275861_zps80085951.jpg

I think Christian Mohr

Am I missing something obvious or is this problem you all have with this paint kit?

Hi Peter

Look in the layers for a layer called "Paint Regions' up in the Paint Guides section at the top of the layers list. Turn it on, and you should get the idea. Only the 900 uses the entire length, the 800/700/600 are shorter 'sliding' the nose and tail towards the middle section. The 'Paint Regions' guide layer should give you the concept. BUT unfortunately the Paint Regions aren't quite pixel perfect in all cases, I give myself some alignment guides based on where the windows overlap using the edges of the windows as pixel perfect points. Hope that's enough info, tried to post a pic but photobucket is misbehaving for me right now. While the paint kit is complex and has a quirk or two it's still quite one of the best paint kits in the business, get to know the layers and you'll come to appreciate why it's the way it is. Just ask if you need more help.

Cheers

John

Thanks John - much appreciated.

I have been using the boundary guides but the point you make about adding some more alignment guides before sliding towards the middle as you suggested is great and am now making headway. You just never stop learning do you?!

Cheers.

Peter Stark