B-5653-Xiamen-Airlines-Boeing-737-800_Pl

I love it ! Very nice

plaese vote for this i can find only ifly 737-800 for this livery :(

can anyone paint this ?Sky+Airlines+-+737-430+-+TC-SKB+-+7020+N

3rd bump. please guys ..

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Hi Cenk,

Is this close to what you are after? It's the -800 withoiut winglets version and it isn't finished by a long way, but if it close to what you are after. I can finish it off for you?

I think with the imminent release of the new PMDG B777, many of the expereinced repainters are moving over to that forum - hence the delay in any response.

https://hostr.co/jFBz1VszRUlJ

(Sorry about the link - I can't get the wesbite to accept my upload for some reason)

Peter Stark

Sometimes, when patience finds me, I try and retry to do repaints myself. But everytime I put my repaint into FSX, it looks like this:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ralf

You need to save the repaint in a proper format.

DXT5 DDS works great with FSX.

Hi Cenk,

Is this close to what you are after? It's the -800 withoiut winglets version and it isn't finished by a long way, but if it close to what you are after. I can finish it off for you?

I think with the imminent release of the new PMDG B777, many of the expereinced repainters are moving over to that forum - hence the delay in any response.

https://hostr.co/jFBz1VszRUlJ

(Sorry about the link - I can't get the wesbite to accept my upload for some reason)

Hi Peter,

It looks pretty good. I will be appreciated if you finish and release this repaint.

Thank you for your response

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Will do - bit busy rest of this week, but I'll get onto it next week and let you know when it'a up

Peter

Peter Stark

You need to save the repaint in a proper format.

DXT5 DDS works great with FSX.

Thanks for this. It worked.

My remaining problem now are the transparent windows. I read all the discussions about this, about the alpha layer that has to be black, but to be honest, I don't even know what an alpha layer or alpha channel is, don't even find it in the master psd neither do i find any buttons for channels in my photoshop (elements). Is elements maybe not good enough or is there another way to make the windows look transparent?

I hope I can get a reply from anyone on this. It really would be the last step to have a nice repaint of my personal ngx, just on time before the 777 gets out...

Thanks,

Ralf

Thanks for this. It worked.

My remaining problem now are the transparent windows. I read all the discussions about this, about the alpha layer that has to be black, but to be honest, I don't even know what an alpha layer or alpha channel is, don't even find it in the master psd neither do i find any buttons for channels in my photoshop (elements). Is elements maybe not good enough or is there another way to make the windows look transparent?

I hope I can get a reply from anyone on this. It really would be the last step to have a nice repaint of my personal ngx, just on time before the 777 gets out...

Thanks,

Ralf

The alpha channel is found in the individual fuselage sections (PSD files of the paintkit) that you end up saving as a DXT5 DDS format to the texture folder.  The fuselage files have a regular and night PSD file for the front and middle fuselage section.  The rear section does not have one.

When you open the individual files, you will see 1 layer in the layer window, but if you click on the "channels" tab, you will an RGB, Red, Blue and Green layers with an "alpha" layer at the bottom.  Just use the "eyedropper" tool and select the color just beside the black window in the alpha layer.  Fill in the black windows in the alpha layer with that color.  White absolutely removes the transparency effect in the alpha layer.

This will eliminate the individual windows you do not want to be transparent or normal windows.  Make sure you have the RGB, Red, Blue and Green layers selected after you edit the alpha layer.  When you past the paintwork on the layer tab, then merge the layers and save the file that action will not affect the changes you made to the alpha layer.

The only way to remove the window outlines is to edit the respective "_bump" file, but that's another process.  Hope this helps you out.

The only way to remove the window outlines is to edit the respective "_bump" file, but that's another process. Hope this helps you out.

I need to add to that - the "bumps" are present in the real airplane even if the widows are not there. It is not that fuselage is actually modified without cutouts, just that instead of transparent windows, a plug is put in.

The alpha channel is found in the individual fuselage sections (PSD files of the paintkit) that you end up saving as a DXT5 DDS format to the texture folder.  The fuselage files have a regular and night PSD file for the front and middle fuselage section.  The rear section does not have one.

When you open the individual files, you will see 1 layer in the layer window, but if you click on the "channels" tab, you will an RGB, Red, Blue and Green layers with an "alpha" layer at the bottom.  Just use the "eyedropper" tool and select the color just beside the black window in the alpha layer.  Fill in the black windows in the alpha layer with that color.  White absolutely removes the transparency effect in the alpha layer.

This will eliminate the individual windows you do not want to be transparent or normal windows.  Make sure you have the RGB, Red, Blue and Green layers selected after you edit the alpha layer.  When you past the paintwork on the layer tab, then merge the layers and save the file that action will not affect the changes you made to the alpha layer.

The only way to remove the window outlines is to edit the respective "_bump" file, but that's another process.  Hope this helps you out.

Hi Steve and Fabo,

Thanks for your replies. I really do appreciate.

I am using photoshop Elements and I now checked the individual file sections (before I was looking in the master fuselage psd only for alpha channels), but it seems that Photoshop Elements doesn't have a button for channels. I guess this means I can not have transparent windows using Photoshop Elements. A shame as this seems to be the only thing needed for a repaint that it can't do.

I will now try to see if Gimp or Paint.net ca help me out for the windows, and if not, upgrade my Photoshop (if I can persuade my wife that both this upgrade as well as the upcoming 77X is well spent money and will benefit our family).

I like the side effect of my question that this thread is up front again. For almost two years this thread has been daily lecture for me and I would miss it if it dies out, even after the 77X release ....

Thanks,

Ralf

Hi Steve and Fabo,

Thanks for your replies. I really do appreciate.

I am using photoshop Elements and I now checked the individual file sections (before I was looking in the master fuselage psd only for alpha channels), but it seems that Photoshop Elements doesn't have a button for channels. I guess this means I can not have transparent windows using Photoshop Elements. A shame as this seems to be the only thing needed for a repaint that it can't do.

I will now try to see if Gimp or Paint.net ca help me out for the windows, and if not, upgrade my Photoshop (if I can persuade my wife that both this upgrade as well as the upcoming 77X is well spent money and will benefit our family).

I like the side effect of my question that this thread is up front again. For almost two years this thread has been daily lecture for me and I would miss it if it dies out, even after the 77X release ....

Thanks,

Ralf

If Photoshop Elements does not show the "channels", then find the DXT2BMP free application that allows you to send the alpha channel to an editor.  You can work around it that way.  Not 100% sure about Photoshop Elements as I use the full version.  Good luck!

Would any one be willing to take a crack at putting this beautiful retro SAS livery onto a -700 (non WL) for me?

I would be amazingly grateful!

McDonnell_Douglas_MD-87_%28DC-9-87%29,_S

If Photoshop Elements does not show the "channels", then find the DXT2BMP free application that allows you to send the alpha channel to an editor.  You can work around it that way.  Not 100% sure about Photoshop Elements as I use the full version.  Good luck!

Yes this worked! You made my windows transparent! Allthough I seem to have some alignement problems between the black windows of the alpha layer and actual windows. However, now I know the basics about alpha channels and will sort it out.

My first (very personal and very simpel) repaint is comming closer. Can't believe how often I gave up on this over the past year ...

FYI, PS Elements does not show the channels. I found confirmation on this from the Adobe site. Channels is a PS full version option only.