Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Attention all,

When I painted my Copa Airlines 737 a year and a half ago, I only had one reference picture to use.  It was painted as an individual request.  The requestor was happy with the result even though the registration number did not match the real world aircraft.  I did not paint liveries for to please the anal purist in the world.  If I get anymore e-mail complaining about my paints, I will have AVSIM yank them all down.

Sorry for ranting, but this individual really upset me and I hope he is reading this forum.

Attention all,

When I painted my Copa Airlines 737 a year and a half ago, I only had one reference picture to use.  It was painted as an individual request.  The requestor was happy with the result even though the registration number did not match the real world aircraft.  I did not paint liveries for to please the anal purist in the world.  If I get anymore e-mail complaining about my paints, I will have AVSIM yank them all down.

Sorry for ranting, but this individual really upset me and I hope he is reading this forum.

Hah, I've got emails that complained at me for supporting my liveries too well, because when I do a project I want it to be perfect, even if I find an error after release.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Attention all,

Wow that is seriously not cool. I hope that you told this individual that if it bothers him so much he is free to teach himself photoshop and make his own repaint. Thank you for all the cool repaints you do and please don't let the occasional idiot like this bring you down!

What! You take your time and paint a livery. You release it FREE OF CHARGE and people send you emails complaining about it. I could understand if you was charging for it but they are free. How many idiots are there in this world. If they don't like it why don't they get off there arses and paint them thereselves.

Appreciate the kind words.  It was a long day yesterday and to get an e-mail like that just set me off.  I politely informed the individual that I had no plans to update the registration and re-release the paint.  That's when the complaining started coming back regarding authenticity, my stupidity, etc.  Needless to say it didn't sit well.

I haven't quite painting or flying.  I still read this thread every day.  Just taking a break for a while to do some fishing and will probably get back into painting when the 777 is released.  I hope everyone is having a good summer.

will probably get back into painting when the 777 is released.

Just a quick note Steve - it is... ;)

I understand that you might have missed all the fuzz if you limit yourself to NGX forum, but it has been out for couple of days. Paintkit is released as well.

I understand that you might have missed all the fuzz if you limit yourself to NGX forum, but it has been out for couple of days. Paintkit is released as well.

LOL..really?  Thanks for the heads up buddy!

I had a little time to do some research and since the 777 will not work in P3D like the NGX, I'll probably not be getting it.  Really like P3D and do not have plans for going back to FSX unless something major happens with P3D to steer me back to FSX.  That's one of the reason I took time off from painting the NGX as I don't have FSX loaded currently.

Really love the PMDG products and can respect their decision not to support P3D.  That's their call.  Have a great weekend!  :P

• Upvote 1

Well just lost a great painter, but understand Steve good luck on the P3S side of things

Rich Sennett

Don't let the morons drag you down, mate!

I was so impressed with all of Holgi's repaints for the Airbus X Extended that I emailed him specifically to thank him for all his hard work and tell him how great they were!

I expect many hundreds of people are using and enjoying your paints, ignore idiotic, ungrateful individuals!

Really like P3D and do not have plans for going back to FSX unless something major happens with P3D to steer me back to FSX.  

Just a heads-up - PMDG has stated repeatedly that they do not want the NGX ran in P3D... so you might expect similar protection rolled back in SP2...