Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

John,

fantastic work on that revised WestJet livery, QANTAS' Retro Roo II and the American TWA retrojet. Simply splendid! :smile:

I have to say those retrojets fit the fuselage of 737 pretty good!

Best regards,

Christian

Hi Christian,

Great to hear from you. Thanks. I'm really liking Retro Roo II. I think it looks fantastic. Not so sold on the TWA one unfortunately. It would have looked a lot better having a white base in my opinion.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I agree with John, I would go with all white base, but that's it's ask too much for American, hope also in the RenoAir one keep the RenoAir logo in the fuselage will be awesome!

I just fixed my one, TWA logo in the tail in the right size and doors and emergency windows stripes on white (I don't understand why AA did that)

Download: http://goo.gl/zlfKKR

divulgacao%2Bv2%2Btwa.png

• Upvote 1

I agree with John, I would go with all white base, but that's it's ask too much for American, hope also in the RenoAir one keep the RenoAir logo in the fuselage will be awesome!

I just fixed my one, TWA logo in the tail in the right size and doors and emergency windows stripes on white (I don't understand why AA did that)

Download: http://goo.gl/zlfKKR

divulgacao%2Bv2%2Btwa.png

Your AAL titles are positioned slightly wrong, and the window config is also incorrect.

The red stripes are also too low and don't curve enough...

I don't want to compare, but look at mine vs real :)

Again, sorry to compare and point out issues...

12239168_553930728089162_15559659984624812241063_553931071422461_555647454038244

• Upvote 1

Your AAL titles are positioned slightly wrong, and the window config is also incorrect.

The red stripes are also too low and don't curve enough...

I don't want to compare, but look at mine vs real :)

Again, sorry to compare and point out issues...

...and the whitebalance is off in the real photo you posted, so the hue of the red and blue is off in your repaint. Carlos's is more correct to that end.

Being called out in public is kinda rough, particularly when it's possible that someone else is doing it to gain a leg up in that environment. Next time, it might be a little more prudent and courteous to offer help in private.

Kyle Rodgers

Yours could do with some changes, Alex. :)

There should be a white ring around the outlet under the back right door. The leading edge metal extends too far down. There should be a black piece added. The red tail shape is too low, and wide. Needs more space between the rear edge and edge of the tail. The flag is too narrow

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Damn. One 9ER in the fleet and they just HAVE to give it a non-standart tail :D

I'll take a look at it, but I don't promise anything.

...and the whitebalance is off in the real photo you posted, so the hue of the red and blue is off in your repaint. Carlos's is more correct to that end.

Being called out in public is kinda rough, particularly when it's possible that someone else is doing it to gain a leg up in that environment. Next time, it might be a little more prudent and courteous to offer help in private.

I never used the colours from this picture ;)

The picture I posted also was in snowed dark lighting conditions... As I said, I didn't want to point it out, but didn't want to message him...

It's fine though, I don't use AVSIM enough to follow conversations..so feel free to carry on with the previews :wink:

Hello everybody,

The only thing I still don't get it about the PMDG 737 paintkit it's who's the repaint flows from the fuselage through the tail, actually I have a private job to a virtual airline to make a repaint, and that  is getting me in some troubles, before all I made a deep search in the Avsim and another forums, and found one solution, one guy named Chris aka JokersWild (one of the best repainters) made a grip to help the repainters in that case, he uploaded but on MegaUpload (which is down now for years).

Someone may have this file? That modify and try method take so long and not so perfect to align the paint. 

Main Thread issue (2011): http://www.avsim.com/topic/353951-repainting-ques-top-of-fuse-tail/

Post with description and link for the file: http://www.avsim.com/topic/340475-pmdg-737ngx-livery-availability/page-187#entry2164124

Thanks for all 

I just loved the last one of SAS, that engine half-painted it's very unusual and lookin good in the same way

SAS' special 737-705.. WIP. Coming soon

LN-TUD_003.jpg

One guy asked to make a KLM 90' paint of the 737-900, by now 80% complete:

KEbYWMa.jpg