Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Boy That Sure Brings Back Some Memories. Great Job Steve !!!!!!

While Were Walking Down Memory Lane any thought on Adding this to Your List ??

Marty,

I already had a Western bird in my list...lol. It just hasn't entered the paint hanger yet.

This one is ahead of the Western...

Frontier-1.jpg

Steve,

Marcelo's Aero Mexico repaint has a realistic aluminum finish look to it. Maybe he'd be willing to collaborate with you on trying to achieve that look.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the imput. I need to download Marcelo's Aero Mexico and look at it to see what it looks like. Thanks! :biggrin:

John,

I'm still trying to conquer the silver bottom that is closest to bare aluminum finish. I just don't think FSX can reproduce that graphically, but I'm still playing with it.

Almost there with the Eastern bird. Just ran out of time tonight. Very minor tweaks tomorrow evening. This shot is pretty much a finished shot.

Whisperjet-1.jpg

Steve,

Looks great! That livery brings back a lot of memories. Any chance of doing it in an 800 with winglets? Also, have you considered the National Airlines "Sun King" livery. A true classic and in keeping with your devotion to the past! Well done on all of your paints and thanks for them, and the memories!

Regards,

Todd

Steve,

Looks great! That livery brings back a lot of memories. Any chance of doing it in an 800 with winglets? Also, have you considered the National Airlines "Sun King" livery. A true classic and in keeping with your devotion to the past! Well done on all of your paints and thanks for them, and the memories!

Regards,

Todd

Todd I might eventually do it in a -800. Before I get to individual requests for additional models of birds I have done, I want to get through my nostalgia lists...lol. The -600 is the closest thing to the older birds, so that's why I have been concentrating on the -600.

I have National, Frontier, Western, Braniff, Republic, and others I want to do. Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to upload the Eastern -600 tonight.

Braniff!!! now that.. I'm looking forward to see! The flying colors? All of them?

I'd love to fly the dark blue version!

Feel I have to spring for the -6-700 package,now that you're painting them up

in every retro airline availiable almost. :Applause:

Hi guys, would anyone of you painters would like to make a fictional repaint of Avianca and one of TACA new colors for the NGX -800 please? I really appreciate it, thanks

Nygel Norman

Eastern Airlines flight number 165 has departed the terminal for the AVSIM library. It should be available soon for download.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Eastern-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Eastern-2.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Eastern-3.jpg

Looking good Steve.....

Thanks Steve! I'm probably going to take a few days off from FSX paint work. I have a fishing trip on Saturday that I have to prepare for. Then it's back working on my list...lol. Have you figured out how to totally remove the side windows so there is no trace of them? I can remove the ones I want in the main template, the remove the windows in the Alpha1 channel before merging layers and saving as a dds file. But I still get the window indentations on the side of the fuselage for an all white bird. Piddling with that FedEx setup. It kind of has me stumped. Any ideas?

Yea what you need to do is copy the bump files from the -700 common textures to the livery of you choice. Should be 3 of them that match up with the 3 fuselage sections. Here is where it gets a little weird.

These files are .dds only. When you open them there will only be the background layer and the alpha layer.......

here's is fuselage 1 bump dds...Do not let your paint program flip them......

here it is zoomed in.....

here's alpha zoomed in.....

As you can see it can be hard to see...I recommend you import the fuselage 1 template to the bump for reference. Note the bump is 2048 in size so flip the template and re-size to 2048 then drag to the dds file. Turn the template layer opacity way down to find your way around the bump file.....

Once the template has been imported go ahead and save as a pds file. Remember this file is already flipped so when you go to save as dds don't flip it .....

Steve Aull

Eastern Airlines flight number 165 has departed the terminal for the AVSIM library. It should be available soon for download.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Eastern-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Eastern-2.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Eastern-3.jpg

Frank Borman would be proud.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Thanks Steve! I'm probably going to take a few days off from FSX paint work. I have a fishing trip on Saturday that I have to prepare for. Then it's back working on my list...lol. Have you figured out how to totally remove the side windows so there is no trace of them? I can remove the ones I want in the main template, the remove the windows in the Alpha1 channel before merging layers and saving as a dds file. But I still get the window indentations on the side of the fuselage for an all white bird. Piddling with that FedEx setup. It kind of has me stumped. Any ideas?

Great work steve on eastern... Enjoy your fishing trip.... Hope to see Pan Am stripe 600 soon.. Catch a big one for us here...

Carlitos Colon

Yea what you need to do is copy the bump files from the -700 common textures to the livery of you choice. Should be 3 of them that match up with the 3 fuselage sections. Here is where it gets a little weird.

These files are .dds only. When you open them there will only be the background layer and the alpha layer.......

here's is fuselage 1 bump dds...Do not let your paint program flip them......

here it is zoomed in.....

here's alpha zoomed in.....

As you can see it can be hard to see...I recommend you import the fuselage 1 template to the bump for reference. Note the bump is 2048 in size so flip the template and re-size to 2048 then drag to the dds file. Turn the template layer opacity way down to find your way around the bump file.....

Once the template has been imported go ahead and save as a pds file. Remember this file is already flipped so when you go to save as dds don't flip it .....

Steve,

Thank you for the detailed steps! I'll give it a shot when I work on the FedEx bird again.

John,

Thanks for your PM help as well.

Sorry guys if I hijack your discussion but i wonder whether someone wants to give a minute to PMDG´s default United (after merger) sheme for the 737-900. The letters "United " don´t look correct to me but I don´t have any abilities to change that. So i would like someone with the abilities checking that and maybe correcting it.

Here is a picture showing that bird:

United.jpg