Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I've been working on the following repaint (my first) for literally a few months. I just can't seem to get the lines to line up correctly. I know its mainly a trial and error type of thing, but I've tried literally at least 150 times. I would really appreciate any help. I'd like to send anybody interested the fuselage master, so they can try to correct it. Please pm me if you are interested. I'd really appreciate it!

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Hey there, Rhen

I got your message. Give me a bit to get caught up and I'll have a look. That happens to be the hardest spot on the entire plane to work on, IMHO. I avoided that repaint because of those stripes. But I'll try to help you out.

The aircraft I fly the most, for you Southwest luvers. Now available! Have a great weekend!

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=168719

KittyHawk-1.jpg

Chris Hicks

The Air Springfield plane (a 600) is uploaded to the library.

I've been working on the following repaint (my first) for literally a few months. I just can't seem to get the lines to line up correctly. I know its mainly a trial and error type of thing, but I've tried literally at least 150 times. I would really appreciate any help. I'd like to send anybody interested the fuselage master, so they can try to correct it. Please pm me if you are interested. I'd really appreciate it!

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Rhen,

Here's what I do and it helps when lining up lines like that.

1. Turn on the paint regions layer for the model you're painting. The -600 is shown in these pictures. Zoom in and highlight each area one at a time and copy that area (copy merged to get everything). Do this for the front and rear sections. You can do the middle section if you want to. I like to call them each F1, F2 and F3.

Define-Regions.jpg

The sections will look like the picture below. I have certain other layers turned off so I can just see my new layers.

Regions.jpg

2. Once they are copied, slide the new Merged F1 backwards to line it up flush with the F2 center section. Usually you can use the front side windows for this. Slide the rear F3 section forward to align to the back edge of the F2 center section. Now just paint your side lines on the merged layers. It should resemble what I did below for my TWA bird.

PaintConnected.jpg

3. Now if you want, you can change the opacity of the F1 (front layer) to around 55% sot you can see the original detail through it. Make 2 extra copies of your stripe layers. Label them Stripes F1 and Stripes F3. You will end up selecting your fuselage F1 and stripes F1 and then slide them to the left until it lines up over the original layers for the fron region.

After you get that done, you can crop off the excess stripe area that fall soutside the F1 region going to the rear. Follow the same process for the F3 fuselage layer and F3 stripes and move them rearward until it lines up. Crop off the stripe are forward of this layer. You should always leave a little overhang on the stripes. Finally you can crop both ends of your original stripes so they work on your F2 center section. I always make an extra copy and hide it before cropiing in case I make a mistake.

Once you've got it lined up and cropped. just hide those "Copy Merged" F1, F2 and F3 layes and make sure you have all the original layers you want turned back on. It should now look like the shot below. Now just work on the rest of the painting and work the sections like you normally do. The lines will line up correctly on the finished bird because you aligned them using this method that compensates for the seperation of the sections.

FinalPositions.jpg

This will probably attach to the painting tips above.

The Western -600 with the white top is uploaded to the AVSIM library. I want to work on the gray/silver finish of the "Bud Light" bird a little more before I upload it. Here are some shots of the uploaded one. Looks like I started the 200th page...lol.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Western-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Western-2.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_Western-3.jpg

Very nice, Steve! I'm really loving the classics.

Thanks buddy! I hope my quick thrown together tutorial wasn't too confusing above...lol. The Western "Bud Light" version is coming along. I won't get it up tonight. Rich sent me his bare metal finish layer he made and it was extremely helpful in giving me ideas for the 6-7 layered bare metal finish I have been working on. Thanks Rich!

I'm determined to get the metal finish I want before the "Bud Light" version is uploaded...lol.

Steve, I can't thank you enough! I got the lines to be the correct sizes, but it seems as though the model distorts them. I'm currently tweaking with that, but my lines are already a million times better than they were. I'm hoping to finish this paint off tomorrow.

Western The OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOnly Way to Fly Thanks Steve !!!!!!

Steve, I can't thank you enough! I got the lines to be the correct sizes, but it seems as though the model distorts them. I'm currently tweaking with that, but my lines are already a million times better than they were. I'm hoping to finish this paint off tomorrow.

You're very welcome! I guess my quickly thrown together instructions worked...lol. Yes the model can distort lines in certain areas. Those are the trial and error areas. When you past your paint layer from the master to one of the fuselage psd files, change the opacity of the painted layer down to 50-55%. That way you can see the original psd detail trhough it to make sure the pasted layer lines up with the original psd file before you merge them and save as a dds file.

I like to use the warning labels on the doors as my alignment areas doing that. Just zoom in to the square pixel level and adjust the top layer with your arrow keys until it lines up over the original in the background. Looking forward to seeing your upload notice!

Soon... BMIBABY G-BVKB and G-OBMPbmi1.jpgbmi2wd5ww.jpgRegards

Can i ask i have your BMIBABY repaint... Just wondered would there be a chance of you painting the two back elevators red thank you Steve

Coming along nicely still a bit to do as always lol windows night tetures and some tidbits anyway always nice to see the updates right :)

Rich Sennett

That's a lovely paint Rich!

Chris Howard