Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Living and flying in and out of South Korea, I would suggest either or both of their recent start-up airlines: Jeju Air or T'way. They both have interesting liveries. that look great on their 738W's. Rick Faulk

The American livery does not show the vertical stabilizer or engines in American colors, just grey!
But they are supposed to be grey, are they not? When I flew on an AAL NG, the engine looked this colour gray to me.
Something occurred to me just now. Where are the models with engines 24K? I mean ... is possible to change the engine (24, 26 or 27K) in FS with any repaint, or is a necessary specific repaint (tail number)? Or some of these repaints already available are 24K or we have only -800 26K and SFP (27K). (Note: I'm not talking about engine derate) Thanks.
It does not seem that we can change the engines, but would love to be proved wrong on that. Would love the ability to change the engines.

But they are supposed to be grey, are they not? When I flew on an AAL NG, the engine looked this colour gray to me. It does not seem that we can change the engines, but would love to be proved wrong on that. Would love the ability to change the engines.
The engines are supposed to be the aluminum color just like the aircraft skin. The vertical stab is definately not supposed to be gray!

The engines are supposed to be the aluminum color just like the aircraft skin. The vertical stab is definately not supposed to be gray!
From my experience, the engines are certainly not bare metal. They are paint. I can't recall the stabilizer, but the engines are certainly painted gray. Spent many hours looking out a window at the them.

From my experience, the engines are certainly not bare metal. They are paint. I can't recall the stabilizer, but the engines are certainly painted gray. Spent many hours looking out a window at the them.
Ok, They are not aluminum, but the grey I am talking about is the absence of any color. If you have looked at the livery, you would immediatly see what I am talking about!!!

Hi Ryan, sorry but I can not get my livery manager to work. I download the add-on, unzip it but it does not show up in the livery manager. Please Help. Cheers
Click the variant in the livery manager of which you downloaded ... then click install in the livery manager ... direct the program to the file location and the livery manager will auto install.

Sorry you will have to do better than that. It does not show in the livery manager. All I get is the 4 varients that came with the original. Nothing shows up in the other side. Cheers

As said by Tierborn, click the install button. I know it is not intuitive to click this button first. Naturally we expected to choose first the livery to install then click the button but the logic of this software seems to be a little different. So click Install. Il will be open a browse window. Then browse to the folder where you extracted your livery zip file. Then validate and your new livery will install.Sorry for my poor english.

I cant wait to start work on my "Aperture Science" Livery =). Looking for some ideas on that though. Thinking of putting some of the Warning Symbols from the game and maybe some areas painted with the Blue gel (the bouncy stuff hehe) Im pretty new to painting so it might take ahwhile.

Sorry you will have to do better than that. It does not show in the livery manager. All I get is the 4 varients that came with the original. Nothing shows up in the other side. Cheers
Brett..Click on the variant you wish to apply the paint too in the left window, then click on the top button between the windows. A browser window will open allowing you to browse to the paint you wish to apply. open it and the LM automatically applies the paint and adds it to the list of paints in the right window.. Your ready to roll at that point..

No one with this problem?
Sorry Tierborn,I am unable to reproduce the problem you are experiencing. Have you tried my previously mentioned suggestions?

Hello, I changed all Aircraft CFG, downloaded all liveries. All works fine now, but the NGX900WL KLM-liverie ist still displayed as KLM 800WL Michael SteiningerFrankfurt/Germany

Hallo Michael, Wie geht's in Frankfurt? When did you download the livery, as PMDG has updated the WL files. Maybe re-downloading might solve the issue!Are you sure you selected the 900 WL in the left window of the Livery Manager, and then the 900 WL ptp file, and not the 800 WL when installing. Also verify that both the texture.KL folder AND the .ini file are no longer in their folders before re-installing. Also check the aircraft.cfg file for an entry for the livery!. If any one of these are still there before re-installing, you will keep having the same issue. Hope that might solve your issue. The livery works fine for me.

Hallo Michael, Wie geht's in Frankfurt? When did you download the livery, as PMDG has updated the WL files. Maybe re-downloading might solve the issue!Are you sure you selected the 900 WL in the left window of the Livery Manager, and then the 900 WL ptp file, and not the 800 WL when installing. Also verify that both the texture.KL folder AND the .ini file are no longer in their folders before re-installing. Also check the aircraft.cfg file for an entry for the livery!. If any one of these are still there before re-installing, you will keep having the same issue. Hope that might solve your issue. The livery works fine for me.
Hello, it was a fresh download. I downloaded all liveries again this afternoon 16.00 UTCI tried it again, because I had this issue also before I changed the aircraft cfg. The plane works fine, but Its displayed as KLM NGX800 WL (Not in the Aircraft-Library, but in the Sim-You can see it on the front gear Boeing 737-800) Regards

Sorry Tierborn, I am unable to reproduce the problem you are experiencing. Have you tried my previously mentioned suggestions?
tried the suggestions .. only having a problem with the 900WL variant .. very strange since others dont appear to be having this issue.

Hello, it was a fresh download. I downloaded all liveries again this afternoon 16.00 UTCI tried it again, because I had this issue also before I changed the aircraft cfg. The plane works fine, but Its displayed as KLM NGX800 WL (Not in the Aircraft-Library, but in the Sim-You can see it on the front gear Boeing 737-800) Regards
Ah, now I understand. Tht must be an error in the livery. I will have to load the livery and check for myself.