Sign in to follow this  

Fixed sound problems in FS2002 -or- "Damn Cats"

I was getting only low frequency sounds in FS2002 all weekend, not able to hear any of the high's through my speakers (Altec Lansing speakers and sub). After rebooting, downloading new Audigy drivers etc, I decided to check all of the connection. (Should have done it first, i know). Anyway, it seems the Wife's cats decided that speaker wires are fun to chew, and thereby disconnected the satellite speakers from the subwoofer. At least all of the other wires, cables etc are stashed away out of their reach.

My cat seems to think the same thing. Everytime i am at the computer she used to come in and go behind the desk and start to pull on the wires or to chew on them. A good scare did the trick. Now she goes there but does not touch the wires. So if you see he cats there make a sudden loud noise like a shout or a bang on the table, they should learn.Another thing you can do is, deepending where in the room your computer is placed, place the wires against the wall and use some glue to keep them there (I use a glue gun with those glue sticks..it holds nicely bt it's also easy to remove with no damage) or sometimes you can hide the wires in the opening between the carpet and the wall..push them in there.LAst thing is arrabge the wires as best you can and place them in one of those plastic coverings to protect them.Take careMikeTake careMike

Just be glad it wasn't that pitbull that was flying in the American Airlines aircraft. He got out of his crate and chewed through several NAV radio cables and did about $25K worth of damage to the aircraft.

All of the other cables and wires are hidden away in plastic sheathing, the speakers were the only ones I didn't bother hiding, and of course, they are the wires that looked appetizing to the cat that I now affectionately call....."Lost Kitten In Training".

I saw the pics from that, not too pretty. We had a few incidents similar to that one when I worked for Eastern and for Continental.

lol..funny enough my cat went for the speaker cables as well..they ar the ones that stick out a little from the speaker to the wall.AH, but it's ok now after I gave her a few good scares when she chewed..now she does not chew them anymore.Mike