Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

CH Products Pro Pedals USB Users.... Please read..

Guest byoung

This is a follow-up to a previous post..I have just confirmed with another user of Pro Pedals USB the same problem. When I calibrate the Pro Pedals USB via the Control Manager, for some reason the X axis for the left braking is sticking at a value of 5 - 7 and not returning to a zero setting when the pedals are centered. If I just slightly touch the the left pedal, it causes these very tiny X axis spikes. But these spikes are enough to cause all Aircraft to pull slightly to the left. I would like to hear from other Pro Pedals USB users if this is a common problem that you are just living with, or one that you may have reported to CH Products (what was CH Products response?), or maybe your Pro Pedals USB is working fine?See attached JPEG file.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53773.jpgThanks!Barry

Guest mberg

I dumped the software and used the FS calibration and fine tuned it through fsuipc. I could never get the software calibration to work correctly in FlyII! or in FS 2002/4. The toe brakes are a bit touchy but you get used to it if you do the calibration through fsuipc.

Guest crabster

What I did was simply plug them into my usb port and winxp/fs9 recognized them. I didn't have to calibrate. They work great including differential braking.

Guest RonB49

I have never tried to calibrate using the control manager. I do use CM to load some custom maps for MSFS and NASCAR Racing but I calibrate within the applications. R-

Guest Dan CYKA

I have to agree. After a month of frustration I dumped using the CM. Since then I have not had a problem.

Guest damunn

Just thought I would give you my experience.I have checked my config manager and my x value is 1, y is 9 and z is 140.I am on my second set of USB pedals as the first set caught fire!They were about 14 months old when I had a strange Windows XP error message saying that my usb device was consuming too much current. I switched them from my powered hub to the back of the pc and carried on flying but noticed that the left toe brake was playing up. I looked at the calibration and as you depressed the brake the value would increase, then decrease and then increase again. I thought it was usual dodgy Windows calibration. I downloaded the latest CH config manger and it was still the same. I took the pedals apart and inside the left toe-brake pot there was some burning on the track. I cleaned this up as best I could with a fibreglass pencil, reassembled it and with the foot plate missing depressed the pedals whilst in windows calibration. A thin wisp of smoke boiled out of the pot!I spoke to CH sent them the pedals and about a week later I received a new set.Having played with the new set I found that if you move/twist your foot slight to the left as you depress the pedal the values of the brakes change. It has to be mechanical, not a software problem. I think it is a limitation of the design or my size 14 feet whichever!Cheers,David

Guest byoung

Are these values registering when the pedals are centered?Barry

Guest damunn

Yes these values are when the pedals are centredcheers,David

Hi,Yes, the Z axis is supposed to be around that number when centered.When you fully depress the left pedal, the Z axis number lowers until fully depressed where mine =1.When centered, mine is at 128. I am using Control Manager Version 2.20.I once had my Right Toe Brake go out, and their warranty work was fantastic. Once I verified it was not my system by trying to install on Win98, Win ME, and my WinXP, Michael was very helpful at CH.All is great now, differential braking, etc....I find any pulling to the left because of the plane I am flying, and the fact that most will require right rudder applied, due to the left turning tendancies of the propeller. (Single engine GA planes, that is)As for the X and Y Braking axis, my centers at zero, so I see no problem with that. While true if you barely apply any pressure, you will see fluctuations of the axis. That is the nature of the beast, and for about $100, it meets my expectations since I don't plan to spend more than that amount on a fancier set of pedals.SO, yep, I think it is normal for about 128, or near there. But I will also state that I don't use FSUIPC since it is payware now, and I find a much better balanced flying experience calibrating since I installed Control Manager 2.20 vs. straight FS9 windows calibration.Individual users systems vary, so it may well be different from my system to yours.Regards,Joehttp://aboutpolitics.net/images/bannerav.gif.About Politics.net - FORUMShttp://pub207.ezboard.com/bpoliticsgivemel...tyorgivemedeath.Contribute to the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund.http://www.avsim.com/pages/scholarship.shtml

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.