Sign in to follow this  
GregK

Will the NGX simulate accurate braking distances?

Will the NGX simulate accurate braking distances with contaminated runways? I have noticed with other addons if I was to shoot an approach with a crosswind that exceedes landing limitations for a short, wet runway the aircraft seems to have no problem comming to a grinding halt. Is this a limitation within FSX? Or will this be somthing I will have to monitor and obey if it does exceed limitations? Greg Keath

Do not try that in the Maddog. You will run off the end!! I assume the same could be said for the NGX. FRED

There was an earlier topic on this, and it was said that the autobrake deceleration rate in the NGX was the same as a real 737's. I think it's safe to bet that if the runaway is contaminated, short and there's a nice crosswind you will roll right off the end...

Will the NGX simulate accurate braking distances with contaminated runways? I have noticed with other addons if I was to shoot an approach with a crosswind that exceedes landing limitations for a short, wet runway the aircraft seems to have no problem comming to a grinding halt. Is this a limitation within FSX? Or will this be somthing I will have to monitor and obey if it does exceed limitations? Greg Keath
Well I can't say so much about the NGX comportment, but shouldn't you go to an alternate in the case the wind exceed limitations ? I mean isn't it forbidden by company and operators to land with winds that are over airplane limits ?

Well I can't say so much about the NGX comportment, but shouldn't you go to an alternate in the case the wind exceed limitations ? I mean isn't it forbidden by company and operators to land with winds that are over airplane limits ?
Absolutley! I would suggest deverting to the alternate as well. I'm just curious if it is actually simulated. It would be nice to know that if for whatever reason I did land while exceeding limitations, would I have to pay the consequences for my actions? I did read the auto brake post and I guess thats what sparked this question. Would be nice to have to give a braking report for some poor braking durring a snow storm on vatsim! Greg Keath

Well of course you sussposed to, unless you know deep down inside that the aircraft your flying doesnt simulate the performance of the real world aircraft its susposed to be replicating, like majority of aircraft in this hobby. Hes asking if this performance is replicated. I understand his concerns as he obviously operates in the same virtual environment that I do where its a winter wonderland 8 months out of the year.