Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

The Test Flight Ritual

Hey Rónán, I will try this on older addon's once the NGX comes out. Do you really expect people to torture their brand new baby? :D Once i receive the NGX, i will treat her the best way i can. I will make her feel like she's on cloud 7 im%20Not%20Worthy.gif EDIT: I've just seen Neil's post, is that true? If yes, then my dreams just fell apart. I was looking forward to opening the windows while standing at the gate :(

EDIT: I've just seen Neil's post, is that true? If yes, then my dreams just fell apart. I was looking forward to opening the windows while standing at the gate sad.png
I think it is true, FSX has a limitation on animations and due to all the other important items that need animating they had to cut a few few non important things out.

Funny video, the captain did a good job not worrying about it for a bit.In 2004 I flew Chalks Ocean Airways from Paradise Island to FLL. Takeoff and initial climb were done with the cockpit windows open. Of course to bring some air to come i the cabin to cool it off from a humid July day in the Bahamas. Fun ride. Always enjoyed flying with them. Steven Herzberg

Lol funny how the PIC gets upset about the Copilot's hesitation to get the gear up or takeoff....or was he upset about his performance in not closing the window good. The moral of the story? Even pros are making mistakes, we are all human :-)

Isn't an unsecured window one of those checkride "gotcha" issues (*NOT* a reason to abort takeoff!)......? Cheers, Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Lol funny how the PIC gets upset about the Copilot's hesitation to get the gear up or takeoff....or was he upset about his performance in not closing the window good. The moral of the story? Even pros are making mistakes, we are all human :-)
It was a official Boeing training demonstration video, it was all setup on purpose, the reason he was yelling and waving his arms (in a up gesture) was because it gets very loud and it's hard for the co pilot to hear commands. Here is the video in full without the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQZzTPd1HJw