Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Does Nick use Ezdok in his NGX videos?

Just been watching Nick's videos again and I love how he is able to pan around the cockpit with ease. I find TrackIR to be a bit awkward when operating the overhead etc. You have to enable/disable, move your head in the air, look at the screen. It's a bit like rubbing your belly and patting your head at the same time! Don't get me wrong, TIR is amazing for in-flight viewing, but when doing a cold start I'd prefer for things to be more 'static'. Is the way he pans around the cockpit/external view something that is built into the NGX or is he using Ezdok in order to pan around? If it's the latter then I may have to invest. Apologies if this has been alluded to in another thread. I did have a search but couldn't find anything.

Ed Haslam

I think he uses both track ir and ezdok. EZDOK acts like a moveable camera which you can move around the cockpit. Track ir is your head moving up down, tilting, forward and back.

Super, thanks for the conformation guys. Presumably the mouse or a secondary joystick can be used to 'move' the camera around??

Ed Haslam

Super, thanks for the conformation guys. Presumably the mouse or a secondary joystick can be used to 'move' the camera around??
Middle mouse button for panning without TIR and the arrow keys for moving the camera view. You can also set new views and have views where TIR is disabled just for that view alone.For instance I usualy have a view of the CDU on the MD11 that I can switch to using a single button that both disables TIR and all the movment effects so its easier to input data. The great thing about Ezdok is its possible to edit the camera view on the fly using the Num2 key to start the edit, move the camera and then num2 again to save it. it will always come back to the new view. If you decide to get a copy go into your Track Ir folder and find 2 files called simconnect.manifest and simmconnectSP2.manifest and rename them (I call mine simmconnectBAK.maifest for example so I know what they are. This stops FSX from trying to connect directly to the Track IR software. Ezdok uses its own system that connects Track IR directly to EZdok and then to FSX.

Excellent info Andy, thanks for that. Think I'll grab myself a copy ready for the NGX's arrival.

Ed Haslam

Does Ezdok have an impact on frames? Thanks,Christos

Does Ezdok have an impact on frames? Thanks,Christos
No

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I'll admit at first I was skeptic.I figured why make new camera angles for the VC cockpit when I could just pull up 2D panels. But after buying EZdok and making the new camera angles, it's a lot more realistic then pulling up some static flat 2D image.Being able to customize each camera for vibration/motion and TIR toggling is a huge plus. Took me forever to get a vibration profile I was happy with for the ground/air in the Level-D 767, but now it's great.Rolling down the runway gives considerable head jerking, but once it's wheels up it's that smooth feeling with that ever so slight air turbulence you always get no matter how clear it is. Flying through a thunderstorm may not go over well with motion sick folks.Grab your Dramamine!

I'll admit at first I was skeptic.I figured why make new camera angles for the VC cockpit when I could just pull up 2D panels. But after buying EZdok and making the new camera angles, it's a lot more realistic then pulling up some static flat 2D image.Being able to customize each camera for vibration/motion and TIR toggling is a huge plus. Took me forever to get a vibration profile I was happy with for the ground/air in the Level-D 767, but now it's great.Rolling down the runway gives considerable head jerking, but once it's wheels up it's that smooth feeling with that ever so slight air turbulence you always get no matter how clear it is. Flying through a thunderstorm may not go over well with motion sick folks.Grab your Dramamine!
Hehe, glad your experience is a good one. It sounds like it's a worthy addon and I look forward to having a play around with it this evening. Is there any kind of repository for EZdoK profiles on AVSIM or elsewhere for that matter? Presumably people have made them for the current PMDG aircraft? I'd love to get one set up for the J41.

Ed Haslam

Hehe, glad your experience is a good one. It sounds like it's a worthy addon and I look forward to having a play around with it this evening. Is there any kind of repository for EZdoK profiles on AVSIM or elsewhere for that matter? Presumably people have made them for the current PMDG aircraft? I'd love to get one set up for the J41.
I've looked and looked, and no dice.I took the default profile it comes with and adjusted the settings for my needs.

Guys, I downloaded the MD11 profiles from AOA website, but I dont know where to put them, any ideas? There seems to be 4 files in the zip.

Guys, I downloaded the MD11 profiles from AOA website, but I dont know where to put them, any ideas? There seems to be 4 files in the zip.
there is just one file out of those you need (im not sure which one atm as im on mylaptop and it does not have ezdok lol) you just need to unzip the files and navigate to them using Ezdok import camera files (or something like that) option. It should only show the file that can be used. Also make sure you have the latest version of Ezdok as I seem to remember when I got mine it was needing to be updated, the latest update is the one that allows a single file to contain all camera views and settings.

Put only the .xml file onto your profiles folder of Track IR5. That's it. Regards Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

I hope you have a better result with Ezdok than I had Ed. Nothing but absolute trouble. About six installs, posts here and there on the forums, the manual read from cover to cover over and over again, but I just could not allocate any views. While without doubt, when it works, it is an amazing add on but it turns out that there are many guys who have experienced exactly the same problems as myself. It is not that difficult to understand once you have read the manual but IMO it is not the most intuitive of programs. While I understand that Ezdok is reported not to have any hit on framerates, I understand that is not the case with TrackIR, can anyone confirm this one way or the other.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776