Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Does Nick use Ezdok in his NGX videos?

If you decide to get a copy go into your Track Ir folder and find 2 files called simconnect.manifest and simmconnectSP2.manifest and rename them (I call mine simmconnectBAK.maifest for example so I know what they are. This stops FSX from trying to connect directly to the Track IR software. Ezdok uses its own system that connects Track IR directly to EZdok and then to FSX.
Hi, I've just purchased a TrackIR which I'm really enjoying, I also have Ezdoc which I am struggling with. I tried renaming the files you described but now TrackIR doesn't work at all in FSX although I do have the options for TIR ticked within Ezdoc?! Any idea's? Also, I've been trying to find a site that stores the profiles for Ezdoc and/or TrackIR but I've had no luck so far, does anyone know where I can find these?? Thanks guys.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a FPS hit of some kind given that there is a bit of processing (by the looks of it) to generate things like the Random head/camera movement. Anywhere where you have filtering and signal processing on a CPU equals processing power. Perhaps the hit is that small though that it isn't noticeable?

Also, I've been trying to find a site that stores the profiles for Ezdoc and/or TrackIR but I've had no luck so far, does anyone know where I can find these??
I too would like to see what others have done.

Ed Haslam

sounds like

Hi, I've just purchased a TrackIR which I'm really enjoying, I also have Ezdoc which I am struggling with. I tried renaming the files you described but now TrackIR doesn't work at all in FSX although I do have the options for TIR ticked within Ezdoc?! Any idea's? Also, I've been trying to find a site that stores the profiles for Ezdoc and/or TrackIR but I've had no luck so far, does anyone know where I can find these?? Thanks guys.
Make sure you have run the EZCA config.exe (run as admin if you use UAC) otherwise it wont work. Then start the Track IR program and unselect trueview tick box and restart TIR client.If you go to the Ezdok program while FSX is running and select a camera view it should show the TIR toggle on in "VIEW CONTROL" , TIR is one of the options and should be on. You will also need to select Transform XYZ in the main Ezdok options. Also make sure you are using v1.17 http://www.simforums...topic37361.html I know its sounds complicated but once is set up you can change cam view and settings on the fly, and its a vast improvement over the original view system. When Ezdok v2 comes things will be much more easy to set up, untill then its requires some setting up,

Andrew, thanks for the info. I've done all that you've suggested but still no joy, I think the problem is with EZdoc as even when I click on the different views listed in the studio VC page the view doesn't change?! I'm going to try reinstalling EZdoc and see if that corrects the issue. Could someone confirm that disabliing simconnect.manifest and simmconnectSP2.manifest within TrackIR is the correct thing to do? Thanks again.

I had problems with EzDok and TrackIR. Ezdok would install, but TrackIR wouldn't work, even if I followed the directions to the letter. including the manifest stuff. It occurred when I tried to reinstall EzDok using the setup files that were saved to my hard drive after an initial install. I uninstalled everything and used the installation file that I downloaded straight from the internet. Don't install EzDok with the saved setup file. Try that and if it doesn't work, give me a holler and I'll try to find the original solution on the internet. Robb

Does EzDok allow to export/import profiles?i.e. you set new cameras and share them with another user.

Does EzDok allow to export/import profiles?i.e. you set new cameras and share them with another user.
yes you can export the whole file and save it, it includes all camera views and effects.

yes you can export the whole file and save it, it includes all camera views and effects.
Great, thank you.

Is anyone willing to share their J41/MD-11/744 profiles??

Ed Haslam

I've given all the suggestions a try but I've decided just to uninstall EZdoc and just use my TrackIR without EZdoc, I'll wait for EZdoc 2 to be released. Thanks again guys for all the help. rolleyes.gif

Sorry to hear you're having problems Adam. I installed yesterday and followed the manual to the letter and everything went fine. I have TIR up and running along with EZdok and it seems to work really well. I think it will be a while before I get it fully tuned, but that's no biggie. Did you try the latest version of software? v1.17 iirc...

Ed Haslam

I've given all the suggestions a try but I've decided just to uninstall EZdoc and just use my TrackIR without EZdoc, I'll wait for EZdoc 2 to be released. Thanks again guys for all the help. rolleyes.gif
Adam.The EZdok manual has a list of steps that ensures EZdok works with TrackIR.I followed these steps as written and I had no problems. http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/English%20Manual%201.15.1.pdf Installation guide begins on page 8.If you follow that guide as written and still have problems, short of reinstalling TrackIR and EZdok and starting fresh I don't have a clue. Good luck.

Tin, I just gave the manual another go, found a few options that I didn't do before but I still can't get EZdoc to work as it should. I have all the lights on the studio showing it's active and TrackIR is connected but nothing works. TrackIR camera shows two green lights but no movement on screen, when I try to change the view using the EZdoc virtual cockpit views nothing changes, I always just get the pilot view. If I hold space and look around with the mouse the view just wants to snap back to pilot view. I've tried but it's time to throw the towel in and call it a day with EZdoc. Thanks again to all that have tried to help.

I've tried but it's time to throw the towel in and call it a day with EZdoc.
Never give up Adam! One last try - this made TIR work for me. Did you disable 'True View' in the TIR software, but, more importantly, save the profile and close TIR and restart it? Once I did that it worked perfectly. Good luck.

Ed Haslam