Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

You know...

You know..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT another worthless post.

You know..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT another worthless post.
By the way, that was about CHINA. I work for DoD, and we're constantly being hammered by those guys, even our home computers. Just expressing my frustration, get it at work, get it at home, get it in my hobby.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Is that a recent thing, or did it start a while ago?
It has been going on for a very long time, and the news has reported it several times. Recently, DoD released a statement and the news published an article about the new DoD cyber command that came about because of cyber attacks, mostly from China. They also stated that given the number and type of attacks, it HAD to be state sponsored. There is a bill (can't remember for sure, but i think it was passed into law or about to be) that viewed such cyber attacks as an act of war. Put simply, it's a problem. You should see my router logs of access attempts. They're none to target home computers of DoD civilians and military personnel. Needless to say I've had to implement a lot of security just for my home system, and DoD allows personnel to use their security software on their home computers. Very frustrating.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.