Sign in to follow this  
Randall

ATR72-500 for FS2002/FS2004, by Francisco S

I just installed the new version of the ATR 72-500 by Francisco Sanchez-Castaner and it seems to solve almost all of the problems of that there were with the panel in FS2004.I do have two dificulties though... (1) The needle on the flap gauge appears misplaced.(2) The HSI seems mis-sized and is positioned in front of the main panel graphic.The attached .jpg shows the problems. Any thoughts welcomed!!!ThanksJohn

Try this one, was releashed a week later and just swap the paintfs2004_atr72-500_iberia_regional.zipStill a couple of VC issues, but works ok for me.Anyone know if there is a paintlit available for it?Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I have the same problems as John. This is with the Iberian model.Anyone else?

Guest danowat

As far as I am aware Francisco has not yet upgraded his ATR to work with FS2004, hence the panel problems.This came up a little while back, apparently this "update" was uploaded by someone else and was not sanctioned by Francisco, well I think that was the case.There was an unofficial update for the panel a tradewind http://www.tradewind.org/TCA/website/news.htm , halfway down the page.As for the paintkit, I think I still have one knocking around on my HDD somewhere, if you want it let me know.CheersDan.

Dan,Francisco did upload an official release. The one in Iberian livery mentioned in the thread further up. Unfortunately the panel still suffered from the gauge misalignment. It was easy enough to move in FS Panel Studio but still didn't look very good and not the quality of the other gauges.I took the step of adding the Reality Jetline2 gauges in. I can live with the gauge bevels being grey instead of brown :)http://www.ukdirectva.co.uk/webpics/atr72-jl2.jpg

Dear all,Well, I DID finish my FS9 upgrade some time ago. But when I still was testing it for backwards compatibility with FS2002, before releasing it, I started receiving e-mails claiming about "my FS9 version" not working properly...So I discovered that sombebody had modified my FS2002 aircraft to make it compatible with FS9, and uploaded to avsim library. Honestly, I wouldn't have had anything against this: if the "author" of this modification had told me before uploading, I would have given permission (although I would have preferred that he'd told me in advance, so I wouldn't have been spending my little free time in making my own patch). But he didn't. He didn't make separate patch for my aircraft; instead, he took my pack and modified it. He did not even leave any contact info to get in touch with him: In the files, no other contact information is given except my e-mail adress, so people is continously contacting me about the visual glitches described, as if I was responsible for them.As we say here, this has been the last drop which made the glass overflow. Frankly speaking, since I started making freeware aircrafts I have spent more time replying to people who complained about versions of my planes, made illegally by other people and containing numerous mistakes, than replying to questions related to my own models or developing new ones.Now I've given up. Let the FS9 "version" (WHICH IS NOT MINE!!!!!!) be there, for anyone who want to download it; I took MY FS9 version and made an agreement to sell it commercially on a CD. To be honest, I do not think I'll ever be back to the freeware "business".F. S

Paco,I am sorry to hear you won't be releasing an FS9 update. Your ATR Series was one of my favorites in FS2002. I have avoided downloading other aircraft with other panels since I enjoyed your complete product.W. Sieffert

Guest cw1011

This situation is disheartening. The lack of respect for intellectual property and simple, plain good manners shown again and again throughout our community is disgraceful. Yet again, a few dolts and jerks ruin it for the vast majority of civil, respectful and law abiding visitors to this site.

Guest pez_man

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with the two above posts, but if this is your decision I guess we'll have to live with it. Your ATR was one of my favourite ac:s for fs2002 (free or payware) so I'm really sad to hear this. But thanks a lot for the ATR and the fun I've had with it!rgrdsfredrik granfors

Dear Francisco, I still love your ATR's and continue to fly them....thank you so very much.:)....I am sad to hear that you no longer make freeware...but if you are making payware ..where can I find them!? :-lolhere is a pic of my edit of your a/c panel using reality-xp gauges :9http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/58265.jpgregardsEd

Oh great ... the childish nit pickers are scaring off the freeware authors :-rollMr Castaner :) ... I repect your decision to go payware ..... this community is a shadow of its former self :( Too many whiners, complainers, selfish brats, sadists, who demand things ... . I wonder how old most of these people are? Below the age of 20, for sure!I think there are some very emotionally disturbed people in this hobby ... they derive pleasure out of complaining and criticizing .... they look for perfection, and think they have a RIGHT to perfection .... idiots! :-rollLONG LIVE FS2002 ..... I will stick to FS2002 for even longer now ..... there are so many aircraft in FS2002 that don't work in FS2004 (FSDS aircraft) ..... and most of these won't be updated for a long time........