Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Bug or Just me?

Hi devs/captains, On my first flight, I've experienced something that I haven't came across in any previous addon packages. I was getting an audio warning in-flight, but no visual annunciation of any kind. The warning sound sounds like when you push the throttle to takeoff power without having the aircraft correctly configured. From my limited knowledge (only what was exposed to me before in terms of NG addons) of this aircraft, does this sound like an operational issue, something that I didn't do right, and it's perfectly normal to get the symptoms I was getting? Or might this be something the developers and testers overlooked? Thanks

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

The warning is telling you something is not configured properly. Try the tutorial flight and see if the problem happens again.

The warning that has the same sound of the takeoff warning, is that of the pressurization failure. I guess you may have forgotten to set up the air conditioning or pressurization panel. But in that case, an OVERHEAD annunciator should be displayed I guess... Did the warning appear when you got high above 10000 ft?

No, the warning kicked off at about 3000ft MSL, it continued until well past 10000ft. I think it stopped near or when we got to cruise. Pressurization was in fact on (auto). Well it wasn't on when I took off (too wrapped with the pure enjoyment of the aircraft), and only remembered when the horn went off. Then I configured it from what I think doesn't seemed right. But the warning continued until well past 10,000ft. I will try to reproduce this event again, as well as making sure all has been configured correctly before T/O and see how we go. Thanks for the comment.

Brendan Chen

If the cabin is behind schedule, level off. There should be *SOME* annunciation somewhere with the horn, though you'll have to look for it (a major design flaw of the 737). Don't rush any phase of flight, follow the flows properly, and you should catch everything. Do a check of ALL the systems before opening those throttles for takeoff - a civil version of "the last chance checks". Best regards,Robin.

If you experience this again, make sure you check the annuciator panel of the first officer. It should an OVERHEAD light illuminated.

Thanks for the advice. I do have two other questions (Don't want to open up a new thread for such small things); one is about flickering pointer when the hand icon is showing. Does that happen to others as well? Second is, my texture sometimes flickers very quickly in VC, it goes from normal panel to what looks like a lit-up panel and goes back to normal in a split second. I tried a few times to capture this but it was just too quick. Anyone had this problem?

Brendan Chen