Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

FSX crashes when exit.

Guys, the best thing to do is goto PMDG site and do a ticket, so we all bring this to them, so they are aware of it. Far to many posts in here, easy for them to miss. Cheers.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gents, Thank you for the important feedback - I can see about 50 new posts since I logged on last time - we have to read them all, identify the real issues and then make a plan to get them fixed - we don't have a magic wand to instantly fix an issue that we did not see during testing, but you can be sure we will try to fix it once we understand the conditions to recreate it. Until then please be patient while we analyse this issue and dozens of others which did not appear in the testing phase. smile.png Thanks,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

My fsx has been crashing after exit for so long now I just thought it was normal lol. It always says its looking for a solution but I just click cancel since it has yet to ever find a solution. I even have a scenery error at 115 these days and for the life of me cant find out what that about either. I just chalk it up to microsoft and hope it goes away in the same way in which it just showed up one day.
The second part of your query sounds as though there is an entry in the scenery.cfg that is pointing at the wrong foler. If you look at your scenry.cfg file in notepad, found at C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX if you have the default setup, you will find all the scenery entries are numbered from 001 to whatever. Find the entry number 115 and that is where your problem is. You can then either amend the entry in the scenery.cfg to point to the correct folder or else in the scenery library delete that scenery entry and then add it again. Norman

Another trick aswell guys and thanks for reminding me Shane. If you first select where your departure airports is going to be then work your way around that way, so day or night next, then weather and then your aircraft try it .. works for me most of the time
OK guys, Steve here has probably the answer. This issue has been around with the Aerosoft Airbus X since it's release, and their suggestion, which works for most, is to load the scenery, the time, loacation etc before loading the aircraft. It seems wierd I kinow, but try it and report back.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

OK guys, Steve here has probably the answer. This issue has been around with the Aerosoft Airbus X since it's release, and their suggestion, which works for most, is to load the scenery, the time, loacation etc before loading the aircraft. It seems wierd I kinow, but try it and report back.
Nope that's what I do anywayAirport/gateTime of dayWeatherAircraft So this not a fix for me I have sent a ticket to support.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gents,I had a similar issue with FSX freezing after exiting a flight or using the fsx map option or navlog, when I cancelled out of them my screen was just black but with sound. Also if I got back to the home screen the window where you preview the aircraft was also just black. I just removed the enb series mod that I'd installed and it's working fine for me now. Maybe worth a try if any of you are running enb, especially if you get d3d9 dll errors as I did... Regards

From having used other payware, I always load a default acft at an airport and start FSInn for VATSIM and only then I load my payware acft. No change there today. But always had this exit problem with some other acft too. Out of pure luck, I just loaded a default acft today after coming to a stop and system shut down at the destination and then exit the sim, and it just exited quietly, even shut off FSInn and GoFlight bridge and exited without a noise. I will have to try again to see if I can replicate it, but just thought I will mention it!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

The second part of your query sounds as though there is an entry in the scenery.cfg that is pointing at the wrong foler. If you look at your scenry.cfg file in notepad, found at C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX if you have the default setup, you will find all the scenery entries are numbered from 001 to whatever. Find the entry number 115 and that is where your problem is. You can then either amend the entry in the scenery.cfg to point to the correct folder or else in the scenery library delete that scenery entry and then add it again. Norman
Norman thanks for the info on the scenery cfg and will give that a try when I get home from work today. If that works my fsx will be back to its normal self again.

installed 737 yesterday and i noticed it ony when i read this post,it has happened to me three times whenever i closed fsx,especially when i press esc button,fsx with sp2,win7, i7-2600@3.4mhz, 8 gb ram, gtx 590,it also gave me a message saying smart assembly required,not too sure if i remember this correctly though,however it does not happen if i exit with end flight and then quit fsx ,happens only when you press the esc button to quit fsx.vivek anand

From having used other payware, I always load a default acft at an airport and start FSInn for VATSIM and only then I load my payware acft.
You know I have never done it this way and was wondering what they were talking about. I have always loaded my aircraft and airport from the main screen. So when you change like that after launching FSinn is your aircaft type correct on the flight plan when you send it? I have see a few post on our VA where people are filing the wrong type aircarft and I made me think maybe this is what there doing.

why do you say "lol" It's a problem and it has to be solved. I have all Anti virus off.
Try adding "PMDG_737NGX.DLL" to the list of files that your AV is told to IGNORE PMDG_737NGX.DLL does some "interesting" things that an AV or Malware scanner might consider "suspicious". Geoff DISLAIMER: Add files to your AV ignore list at your own risk.So far, I have never seen a virus is a FSX dll, but there is going to be the first time. !!!

You know I have never done it this way and was wondering what they were talking about. I have always loaded my aircraft and airport from the main screen. So when you change like that after launching FSinn is your aircaft type correct on the flight plan when you send it? I have see a few post on our VA where people are filing the wrong type aircarft and I made me think maybe this is what there doing.
Mostly you have to fix it, so I always check before submitting it.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

From having used other payware, I always load a default acft at an airport and start FSInn for VATSIM and only then I load my payware acft.
Charan, you are right, to a point. That is the recommended procedure with some aircraft including the Aerosoft Airbus X, but if you read the PMDG manual it actually states quite clearly that this IS NOT the correct procedure to follow, cheers Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I removed all my Wilco software, cleaned up the xml.dll and it fixed the problem for me.Just something for you to try if it applies to your setup. Win7X64

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Charan, you are right, to a point. That is the recommended procedure with some aircraft including the Aerosoft Airbus X, but if you read the PMDG manual it actually states quite clearly that this IS NOT the correct procedure to follow, cheers Raised%20Eyebrow.gif
Hmm...this is now interesting. FSInn will load your acft into the sim, and I didn't want any 73 from PMDG to be loaded along. So the other procedure of loading a default acft helps FPS wise...I should try this someday!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot