Sign in to follow this  
sarahguiney

Brakes

Anybody know why I have no brakes? I'm using the Saitek proflight yoke and my button on the yoke which normally applies my brakes no longer works... only with this aircraft though. I figured out the autobrake disconnect procedure, but not this one yet. I'm sure there's something i'm not doing and not a problem with the plane. Can anybody help?

In speaking with a PMDG Dev team member as I had the same problem last night, it could be the brakes are extremely heated from heavy use as this is very well simulated. Make sure landings are done to procedure and it should work fine

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

I experienced this with the pmdg 747 some weeks ago.. I had to takeoff and stay with the gear down for 15-20 minutes .. just do that and pay attention to your brake temp ;)

As said in post release topics, The stopping distances and brake action including overheat and general heat up are very well simulated! Take care of that bird

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

After landing, apply a small percentage of power to cancel the automatic brakes and speed-brakes and now you can use manual brakes. Bye. wink.png

Anybody know why I have no brakes? I'm using the Saitek proflight yoke and my button on the yoke which normally applies my brakes no longer works... only with this aircraft though. I figured out the autobrake disconnect procedure, but not this one yet. I'm sure there's something i'm not doing and not a problem with the plane. Can anybody help?
Hope you did not burn them. For ABS disco after landing double tap the "dot" (.) (or button shortcut) or exert pressure twice on toe brakes higher than the ABS is throwing in. We had to do it this way to both accommodate toe brake action and protect our own completely custom system from FSX madness.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================