Sign in to follow this  
Wasso

What do you guys think about this rig?

Roger that, So an i5 + a GTX460 or better will do it?
yes, but make sure it's the 1GB version (not 768MB) and not "SE".

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 1G OC. Will it work?
yes

Guest PFL

Yep, and probably over The Pacific too, with enough JP-4! Whistle.gif Wasso wrote: "Will i be able to do an OC like this with the 212+?" Yes, with good CPU paste, and 2 fans in push/pull...

Okay, Great news!! And i assume that i will have acceptable FPS at the end aswell. Or is that too much to ask? :P

Guest PFL

Acceptable FPS is what we all want and need, YES Sir... Lock the FPS @ 30 inside FSX, and you should be OK!

OK, added 2 extra 120 mil fans (= PnP on the 212+ and two fans in the case) EDIT: Changed the fans to a little bit more expensive model with blue LED and the Arctic Silver Thermal Paste for better performance, but that's it! :)

If you are going to OC take one of the best coolers, all coolers may not support high ocing. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 for my Athlon X3 , I do not need to OC very high maybe around 3.7 (above 3.8 it becomes unstable on this CPU) does the job for FSX.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Okay, So 3,7 is enough for FSX? Will i be able to run the NGX at good frames with this setup?

Okay, So 3,7 is enough for FSX? Will i be able to run the NGX at good frames with this setup?
With that cooler (212+) there's tons of people with 2500K's at 4.5GHz and above. There's not much you can improve there that will make a significant impact in FSX

Okay, so i don't need any fancy water cooling to get the 2500k above 4Ghz with the 212? And then i assume i will be able to run the ngx smooth in vc? :)

Okay, so i don't need any fancy water cooling to get the 2500k above 4Ghz with the 212? And then i assume i will be able to run the ngx smooth in vc? :)
Yes, I have the NGX and it performs admirably in my rig

You want to go as high as you can stably. Around 4.5ghz seems to be the sweetspot for FSX. That Coolermaster 212 will be fine, as long as you don't need to up the voltage too much to get there. Had mine running at 4.5ghz for months on the same cooler before my PSU took the motherboard out.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

NGX is by PMDG if I am correct. The point is to get at least 30 fps with every damn thing to high or max. If you check my sig I hardly have any heavy add ons as I fly only in India & Europe so currently just using two addons NL-2000 & TX Europe and I am getting acceptable FPS. For FSX it is a bit difficult to judge if it will run well on your config but usually ppl get good performance. If I install Manhattan X on my rig I pull 15-16 fps on that scenery with extreme dense settings and LOD to 50% , water I lower it and shutoff animations in this scenery only, else every where I am good. And my card is a HTPC GFX card but it performs. try not to OC at first use fsx on stock speeds and then if you think you to OC then do it step by step.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus