Sign in to follow this  
1kris007

Frame Rates compared to the -400X?

I'm really worried now about whether or not my computer can handle the NGX smoothlyIt handles the -400X extremely smoothly, but I am concerned none the less.

Kristoff Ottar-Spencer

Based on my system specs in my sig, how would my system handle the NGX? I'm considering buying it, but if performance is bad, I will definitely not.

Brandon Filer

The worrying aspect IMO is that it seems it plays fine on some hw and definitely not on a different one. I read in this forum guys running it quite fine on a 3 years old laptop and guys running it at 15 fps on an OC 2600k running @ 5.1 ghz with nvidia 560 or similar and w64. I dunno what to deduce from that and my hw is not a super top one.

my old laptop would also run this fine ... with 800x600 and minimum details and no addons ...I also only get 15fps with my pc if I have 5760x1080 and full details and all kind of addons ... you have to decide yourself :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

my old laptop would also run this fine ... with 800x600 and minimum details and no addons ...I also only get 15fps with my pc if I have 5760x1080 and full details and all kind of addons ... you have to decide yourself :)
I have 2 fsx certainties : 1 ) never go below 15 fps, I don't like vacation slide shows 2 ) never play FSX without REX and third party addons airports Till now I have met them both with my level D 767 but without a demo I am not able to decide, I can only ask to forumers

The strange thing is, there are people with hardware as bad as mine that seem to be running the NGX just fine. I believe it's certainly a problem pertaining to 64-bit vs 32-bit. I'm sorta stuck because I can't simply buy more RAM cos of the limits of 32-bit Windows 7. The 747 didnt require all this 64-bit stuff, which is why it still runs like a dream for me.

Dylan Jutagir

PMDGCaptain.gif

Currently i'm using 1920x1080 with mixed settings ... some very high some high and even some low (no traffic) with rex but no airport addonsOn the ground at KSEA I usually get 25fps, 15fps with mousecurser on screen which is fine for meI dont know your system but if you have something similar to my machine you will be fine

P.L. Tran

Currently i'm using 1920x1080 with mixed settings ... some very high some high and even some low (no traffic) with rex but no airport addonsOn the ground at KSEA I usually get 25fps, 15fps with mousecurser on screen which is fine for meI dont know your system but if you have something similar to my machine you will be fine
Usually a third party airport adds from 5 to 10 fps. LFPG adds 15, but that's a pathological case

I've decided to give you doubters and unsure buyers some decision helpers. While this is not a bad performance, things start going down when I connect to VATSIM and have some aircraft around, when I add clouds and weather: And the mouse lag problem (the mouse was visible in the left shot, in the 2nd it disappeared): Concerning settings:Locked inside FSX to 60fps.FSX settings according to PMDGNvidia Inspector: 8xS, 2x SGSSFSX.cfg:[bUFFERPOOLS]Poolsize=98304[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14...LOD_RADIUS=7.500000...TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096...TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80Rest as usual. If I turn off AA in FSX, I get quite a boost that's for sure, even with GTX580...

that was my avg minimum fps ... capped mine at 30 ... but yeah I barely reach 30fps on the ground at KSEAI would try lower settings if I had airport addons but I think I would get the 20fps if I tweak the fsx.cfg a bit

P.L. Tran

Your hw Word Not Allowed is the one of a opulent guy, not like me therefore. Thanks anyway.

Your hw Word Not Allowed is the one of a opulent guy, not like me therefore. Thanks anyway.
Point being that even the strongest hardware doesn't "deliver"... but it does perform well considering what I have set! And nice to learn a new word every now and then: opulent. Didn't know up until now what it ment.

But FSX does have a GB limit, it is a 32 bit application. As of SP2 it is large address aware so 2 to 32 equals 4GB.... The main difference is, that in 32 bit systems even that limit is unattainable and FSX will only see half i.e. 2GB's, which is NOT sufficient and safe.
I was talking about OS not apps. I run a whole lot of other stuff besides FSX when I'm flying in Win 7 x64 which I couldn't do in XP due to a lack of RAM.

CRAIG MACPHEE • Core i5 4690K • GTX 460 1GB

pmdgswitch.jpg