Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

FPS drop when mouse cursor visible

Hi NGX FPS is fine for me sticks at 30 until I try to use the mouse and then when the mouse curosr appears on screen FPS drops to around 20 FPS then when I leave mouse still and cursor dissapears FPS jumps back to 30 FPS. Any suggestions would be great, thanks Keithy

Keithy George

Just add only happens in VC and does not happen with any other add on plane as seen in SIGThanks

Keithy George

Common FSX problem. Mine drops maybe 5-6 FPS with the mouse cursor visible. Others have reported similar with the iFly 737 and the Turbine Duke.

Common FSX problem. Mine drops maybe 5-6 FPS with the mouse cursor visible. Others have reported similar with the iFly 737 and the Turbine Duke.
Thanks, but from my point of view it is not common. Only with this aircraft so far. Any ideas how to fix?

Keithy George

I don't have this issue with other planes other than NGX and ifly which is very noticeable plus very low FPS on a high end machine. 12-20 FPS is not acceptable for the NGX with all the hard work and optimized code that they did to it. Evan Banalian.

I do not have NGX yet but on each of my addons the mouse pointer let me loose only 0.5-1 FPS.... ( Level D 767 f.i. ) Or it is NGX or it is your hw/sw/fsx setting I guess

I get this too... I wouldn't care if my system wasn't so old. Basically I have tweaked and tweaked to get the VC to 20-25 FPS but when the cursor is active it drops to 15-10 FPS. Can someone explain this? I think this is something without a fix and we will all have to deal with it, but an explanation would be useful. Otherwise, a fine aircraft and enjoying it thoroughly! Thanks PMDG

Yep, this as an FSX related problem and not associated with any particular aircraft. It appears to be a random issue and depenedent upon certain OS and hardware configurations on different rigs. I have the iFLY and it has been a regular issue with the development team since it's release. I have just got into the habit of moving the curser off the screen, regardless of what plane I'm flying and to be honest, once you get into the habit it's no big deal, although frustrating all the same. It is a very strange anomoly.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Yep, this as an FSX related problem and not associated with any particular aircraft. It appears to be a random issue and depenedent upon certain OS and hardware configurations on different rigs.
The weird aspect is that no one has mastered it yet.... ( producers I mean )

I have just got into the habit of moving the curser off the screen
so are u saying to slide the mouse over to the side of the screen or do you have multiple monitors and put the cursor on a different monitor? either way, you're still going to have to bring the mouse in to click stuff so it doesn't offer much help.

If you are flying in fullscreen, just press the ALT button so that you have the toolbar on top and just place the cursor over it, it will you give you around +10fps extra while flying the approach and even taxiing around the airports.Why this is, I have no idea..

Same problem here, I lose in windowed mode about 5 fps when I move my mouse from my second monitor to the 737NGX. I haven't seen this with other aircrafts. Solution would be very nice Werner Verwaal

+1I don't think any make of pay-ware can fix it, not even PMDG as it's in the NGX also.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I get this with the Turbine Duke, with a 5fps drop. I don't yet have the NGX. I haven't tried it, but i'm fairly convinced it has something to do with anti-aliasing and high resolution textures.

Cristi Neagu