Sign in to follow this  

The Magical land of AVSIM

Since this seems to have not made it to the other forum I'll repost it here and see if it gets a responce.:-lol---------------------------------------------------A long time ago, in a land far, far away, the Imperial forces of the nation known as AVSIM, said they would open a land to be known as, AVSIM Store. The subjects of AVSIM made merry and danced with wine and song for many a night in anticipation of exciting things to come. Such a land was opened and the brave and noble warrior they call, DAN (CYXC), asked the leader of AVSIM a question. "Oh wise and all knowing Master Tom, will the store known as AVSIM contain riches with the AVSIM logo for us to wear about our heads and bodies?"The mighty Tom, ruler and most high guy responded," Ahhh my good subject, we shall have some riches for all to share very soon."But alas after many a night, and many a drinking of ale, when the subjects from the land of AVSIM return to the store house, they are still to this day greeted with the sign above the door,"COMING SOON, PLEASE CHECK BACK":-beerchughttp://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Thanks for the laugh, Dan. While I'm in no position to be able to promise anything, I can tell you the subject does get talked about. So hopefully not much longer. :-)

LMAO :-lolThat is not a bad idea. I would not mind wearing a T-Shirt that has a nice, hip, cool, Avsim logo on it...people look at me weird already when i tell them about avsim and this hobby so the t-shirt won't do any harm. :-hahTake careMike

That would be awesome!! I totally understand what you mean, the other day I found myself telling a buddy about a flight I took to PAJN and how the approach was and the weather and.........then I saw that bewildered look on his face! LOL. I would surely wear any items with AVSIM (or other FS related logos!)on them.Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Any plans for a European affiliate store?As it is everything is shipped from the US which makes it prohibitively expensive for EU denizens to order anything (not so much shipping charges as the skyhigh customs charges and import duties that are leveraged here).

haha...same with spotting. I was spotting one day and my cousin calls my cell looking for my mother and she asks me where i am. The conversation went something like this:Cousin: where are you?Me: at the airport....Cousin: What are you doing at the airport?Me: spottingCousin: you what??Me: I'm looking at planes and taking picturesCousin: OKKAAAAYYYY then, i'll call later, Bye! *click* :-lol so she thinks I'm weird.Take careMike

:-lolYea we're probably dumb idiots all of us... Talked to a classmate about flightsimming and he referred to it as "hitting a few buttons" and kinda sitting there doing nothing... :-lolWonder what he'd say if I had an AVSIM T-shirt... ROTFL!Better keep quiet about my hobby in the future? ;)Dave :D

It gets my vote! :-lolCheck my email, Elrond.

Guest emergency_pants

Dave.. does that mean you're going INTO the closet?"I sim and I'm PROUD !!" c'mon everybody!!!I think maybe we need to have a Sim Pride march!!! :)Heehee.Si.

haha..A Sim Pride March..now that would be interesting.We are proud, or at least i am, and there is nothing wrong with this hobby. People who think we are weird are just jealous! :( All the knowledge we get about aviation, weather, geography and physics certainly does not hurt and it is useful. I can't count the nuber of times i was ahead of my classmates in physics especialy because of simming. You learn so much. Same with Meteorology. In GR11 I knew 90% of the stuff before the teacher taught us. It made GR11 Geography a breeze for me and I got an A on my fianl exam without having to study more then 30 minutes. :-hah The teacher even made me teach others. I learned everything from reading the manuals that came with FLY, FS, and all the other sims and books about flying at the library and it certainly helped me a lot. SO in other words, I don't know of another hobby that teaches you so many things while having fun.Take careMike

:D Well I'm quite proud of it, my comment was mostly a joke. :)Dave